Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

Best Draft Slot this Year?

I have the #1 draft slot this year, and have been getting a lot of offers to trade.  As of now it looke like Barkley, Zeke, McCaffrey, and Kamara, are the top 4 picks.  I'm looking past the 1st round, and wondering if picking in the middle of the draft might not offer more value.  Thoughts on the best draft spots this year?

I typically draft 2-3 RB's in the 1st 3 rounds.  Seems like I might still be able to get productive WR's, breakout WR"s, in rounds 4 + 5, if drafting at the end or midde of those rounds, not from the 1st draft position.

51 minutes ago, MissionCoach said:

I typically draft 2-3 RB's in the 1st 3 rounds.  Seems like I might still be able to get productive WR's, breakout WR"s, in rounds 4 + 5, if drafting at the end or midde of those rounds, not from the 1st draft position.

I normally like drafting a little later in the round, but in this draft, top 2 is really a big deal. I personally would stick with it, maybe taking McCaffery and then seeing if I could get Montgomery or Mixon or similar and then taking a WR in the early third unless another decent back is available. I'm all for 3 RBs in the first 3 rounds if the draft falls in a good way for you. 

• Like 1

I would trade out of the 1 spot for a good bump somewhere else. Maybe their second for your 8th or something along those lines. 

I did a startup and ended up trading my 4th into the first. I traded that second first rounder for 2.14 and 3.01. It turned into David Johnson and Trubisky (I'm high on grubs) in a ppr superflex where each rush nets .2 points. So basically gave Hopkins for them. It allowed me to also grab a top 4 tight end with a .75 ppr bonus without having to worry about my second qb or tight end.

Pick 12 is really great this season imo. Pick 1 good luck in rnd 2 getting an impact WR like you can get at pick 13.

• Like 1

Haven't mocked yet, but if you can maintain a top 4 pick and add some value early in your draft I think a trade is worthwhile.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, MissionCoach said:

I have the #1 draft slot this year, and have been getting a lot of offers to trade.  As of now it looke like Barkley, Zeke, McCaffrey, and Kamara, are the top 4 picks.  I'm looking past the 1st round, and wondering if picking in the middle of the draft might not offer more value.  Thoughts on the best draft spots this year?

In a non ppr I would keep the pick. 

In a ppr I would trade back and go late, I don’t know how many teams are in this league, but in a ppr I would love being the person with the first pick in the second round. 

• Like 1

Having a top 4 pick puts you in a good position to get one the top tier RBs while leaving you with plenty of good options at WR to choose from in Round 2. Depending which RB you want (Zeke, Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara) you can consider moving down to No.4. 

• Like 1

If I get the top pick this year, I'm going to try trading it in my big money redraft. A trade has never happened with draft picks, so it would be nice to capitalize in a year where there is a clear cut desire for the top rated player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Having a top 4 pick puts you in a good position to get one the top tier RBs while leaving you with plenty of good options at WR to choose from in Round 2. Depending which RB you want (Zeke, Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara) you can consider moving down to No.4. 

I agree with Mike. I would even say that I would prefer pick #3, or #4. There is a large drop-off (in my opinion) after these four players. This also puts you in a posistion to grab one of the top 3 TE's as well. if you choose to go that route instead of grabbing a WR.

ICEMAN

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ICEMAN said:

I agree with Mike. I would even say that I would prefer pick #3, or #4. There is a large drop-off (in my opinion) after these four players. This also puts you in a posistion to grab one of the top 3 TE's as well. if you choose to go that route instead of grabbing a WR.

ICEMAN

I don't see a large drop off at all. David Johnson could easily have a huge year. Mixon and Chubb should be on competent enough offenses to push their numbers. Plus Gordon is in the conversation

• Like 1

Best draft slot is the one I’m drafting from, always a winner. 

Hey good luck this upcoming ff season to all, thanks. 

• Like 1

Ha, always a winner. Every year I bet. No chance. FF is so volatile. But good input, I actually agree in a way. You should be able to win from any spot, any year. My best advice is do not worry about the first 3 rounds.