Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Mexicans are Racist?

Rink

MEXICO CITY — Mexicans are deeply frustrated with immigrants after a year of heightened migration from Central America through the country, according to a survey conducted by The Washington Post and Mexico’s Reforma newspaper. 

More than 6 in 10 Mexicans say migrants are a burden on their country because they take jobs and benefits that should belong to Mexicans. A 55 percent majority supports deporting migrants who travel through Mexico to reach the United States.

Those findings defy the perception that Mexico — a country that has sent millions of its own migrants to the United States, sending billions of dollars in remittances — is sympathetic to the surge of Central Americans. Instead, the data suggests Mexicans have turned against the migrants transiting through their own country, expressing antipathy that would be familiar to many supporters of President Trump north of the border.

Ruh Roh, someone needs to tell them that AOC is going to be pretty cheesed off about this.....

I think the correct word would be nationalist, not racist.

• Like 1

Just now, peenie said:

Not according to anyone who doesn't like Trump's immigration policy.

• Like 1

For the most part, they didn't care when they were just a roadway to the US.

Now that the US is cracking down and more migrants are staying in Mexico, the feelings are changing.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Agreed. I wonder why having similar feelings in the US about illegal immigrants often gets labeled as racist then? 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Not according to anyone who doesn't like Trump's immigration policy.

You beat me to it. 

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

I see Trump as Nationalistic, but not Mexicans.....no matter how many flags they raise on our land through violence....

No, I see this as Trump efforts to put the onus more on Mexico having a domino effect whereby now Mexicans are essentially saying the same thing Americans have been. Now, I expect to read and hear outrage from the left......

21 minutes ago, peenie said:

This is about Mexicans, not good Americans 

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

Now that the US is cracking down and more migrants are staying in Mexico, the feelings are changing.

Thanks to the great POTUS we have.

2 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Yep. Mexico should close it's borders if they feel that way. I would not put them down for that in the least.

3 hours ago, DonS said:

Agreed. I wonder why having similar feelings in the US about illegal immigrants often gets labeled as racist then? 

Well, they are the same race as Guatemalans and such for one.

I'd say xenophobic or protectionist would be the better term, in either case. 

1 hour ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

It doesn't matter. Mexicans can't read anyway.

They can read, just not American...

3 hours ago, DonS said:

Because the Democrats in Congress, the Liberal Left Wing Media, and Whacky Left Wing Hollywood tells the sheep to think that way.

...And the sheep bleat along in agreement.

They don't realize that repeating a falsity doesn't make it true to those of us living in reality.

Build a Wall, Mexico and pay for it. Do it now.

I think this is a good example of being in someone else's shoes. It's hard to understand someone's plight until you feel it yourself. Mexico can now understand what the United States has been battling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

I think this is a good example of being in someone else's shoes. It's hard to understand someone's plight until you feel it yourself. Mexico can now understand what the United States has been battling.

Agreed. Now get back into my crockpot.

13 minutes ago, peenie said:

I agree.  I would suggest that if the US and Mexico collaborated on the issues facing the central American nations a meaningful improvement is possible.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:51 PM, peenie said:

Exact same thing with “Send her back”.  

Its about America and Nationalism.  Not the color of anyone’s skin.

I wonder if Omar thinks she might owe this country a little bit of gratitude? The two other pigs and Cortez get to complain like the rest of us, but damn, as far as this Omar piece of human garbage is concerned, I think she's the one that hit the lottery. If I had my way she would be back in Somalia sweeping her hut and waiting for the local warlords' crew to come by. 

On 7/18/2019 at 3:21 PM, RLLD said:

I agree.  I would suggest that if the US and Mexico collaborated on the issues facing the central American nations a meaningful improvement is possible.

The average American sees no difference in Mexico, El Salvdore, Guatemala etc, but in reality they are totally distinct and they aren't exactly fond of each other.  And they are all mostly sh!tholes. Let's not act like Mexico is a 1st world nation capable of helping others. NAFTA was supposed to elevate them to take the burden off us. What a joke it turned out to be.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

The average American sees no difference in Mexico, El Salvdore, Guatemala etc, but in reality they are totally distinct and they aren't exactly fond of each other.  And they are all mostly sh!tholes. Let's not act like Mexico is a 1st world nation capable of helping others. NAFTA was supposed to elevate them to take the burden off us. What a joke it turned out to be.

Clinton got took on NAFTA. He's admitted it.  Maybe someday Obama can put his ego to the side and acknowledge that the health insurance industry took him. Rolled him good.  

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Clinton got took on NAFTA. He's admitted it.  Maybe someday Obama can put his ego to the side and acknowledge that the health insurance industry took him. Rolled him good.  

Clinton took a risk with good intentions. It failed.  Obama got taken by thieves that everyone knew were thieves. And probably got paid well. 

• Thanks 1