Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Xenophobia

Xenophobia is the fear or hatred of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange. As it applies to illegal immigrants, why wouldn't I fear someone who breaks the law to come here who I know nothing about because they haven't gone through the proper channels and been vetted? They could be a criminal in their homeland. How would we know? Mark me down as a xenophobe. Why shouldn't I be? They are invading our country without permission. I bet the native Americans were xenophobes at one time too.  At least they should have been. 

• Like 2

I second that logic

If you don't have a healthy fear of the unknown, then you are prey, and you will be eaten.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I bet the native Americans were xenophobes at one time too.  At least they should have been. 

No such thing as "native Americans", everyone migrated to America at one point or another. But, that being said, The indians knew how to be savage against other indian tribes, but even though they were still violent, they definitely struggled with the innovative whities that migrated to an unestablished territory fairly recently at the time referred to as America. The indians should have been smarter and more xenophobic, they would have been half the population of this country right now if they weren't so damn violent and overly confident.

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

The scary part is that Democrats want to steal our tax money to fund illegals healthcare, education, food, and housing.

They already are. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I bet the native Americans were xenophobes at one time too.  At least they should have been. 

:nono: Diversity was their strength.

It used to be called patriotism. I am also a proud xenophobe. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

It used to be called patriotism. I am also a proud xenophobe. 

Xenophobia isn't patriotism. One of the major, and more valid, criticisms of the United States I hear from foreigners is that we wish to lead a world we have little knowledge of or interest in. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Xenophobia isn't patriotism. One of the major, and more valid, criticisms of the United States I hear from foreigners is that we wish to lead a world we have little knowledge of or interest in. 

Agree to a point. We do help with our money too much, but we do it to exert our influence on the rest of the world.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I have no interest in the leading the world. I just think America is the best country and all the other countries aren't as good. I want to be in complete isolation and not let anyone in. 

• Like 1

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Agree to a point. We do help with our money too much, but we do it to exert our influence on the rest of the world.

Sure. Mainly because Russia. China, and the various ragheads are our there doing the same thing. If we aren't controlling a particular area, someone else is. 

Take the current problem where China has debt trapped much of Africa. It would be easy for us to go in there, buy out the debt, and have great good will in areas rich in resources. 

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I have no interest in the leading the world. I just think America is the best country and all the other countries aren't as good. I want to be in complete isolation and not let anyone in. 

I know this may come as a huge shock to you, but much of the world does not agree with the best country in the world thing, and doesn't care to be led by ignorant chauvinists. And if we aren't leading it, someone else will. You can't be isolated in the modern Era. Lead or be led. 

My students are always spouting off about China being the best country in the world. I ask them... Have you ever been anywhere else? Besides me, have you ever spoken to a foreigner? The answer is always no. 

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I know this may come as a huge shock to you, but much of the world does not agree with the best country in the world thing, and doesn't care to be led by ignorant chauvinists. And if we aren't leading it, someone else will. You can't be isolated in the modern Era. Lead or be led. 

My students are always spouting off about China being the best country in the world. I ask them... Have you ever been anywhere else? Besides me, have you ever spoken to a foreigner? The answer is always no. 

If by lead you mean wipe out the middle east and put the rest of the planet on notice, yeah I'm down with that then. 

• Like 2

If the lawmakers dont like the current laws, i would like to propose they change those laws.

It;s only their job and what not....

50 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I've seen much of the world. I like this place best so far. By a mile. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I've seen much of the world. I like this place best so far. By a mile. 

Fair enough. I'm not saying otherwise. What I am saying is that a more diplomatic approach achieves our ends better than swaggering around telling them they are sh!t. That's all really. 

4 hours ago, sderk said:

If you don't have a healthy fear of the unknown, then you are prey, and you will be eaten.

The problem IMO is people substituting a particular class, race, religious or political affiliation with “Unknown” in this line of thinking.  Get to know them ... and stop painting an entire grouping as if they all act and think in the same way. I’ve known illegal immigrants who are much nicer and safer than legal residents.  

Fair enough. I'm not saying otherwise. What I am saying is that a more diplomatic approach achieves our ends better than swaggering around telling them they are sh!t. That's all really. 

Well, whatever we did, we didn't deserve 9/11. And we certainly don't need to hear any shite from Europe or the rest of the Americas. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, whatever we did, we didn't deserve 9/11. And we certainly don't need to hear any shite from Europe or the rest of the Americas. 

Sure. But I also have to acknowledge that we have done a whole lot of bad and focked up a whole lot of countries. Usually with the best of intentions, but naively.

Ive been places where you get some grief for being American and its hard to argue otherwise.

Vietnam comes to mind. Even more so laos and Cambodia, which we bombed the sh!t out of for little good reason. People still find unexploded bombs today. 

The Phillipines love us, but damned if I know why. We killed almost 2 million of them when we took it from Spain, and then utterly leveled Manila when we took it back from the Japs we abandoned it to. Second most damaged city in wwII after Warsaw.

Im pretty much against all military adventures at this point. Since WWII, almost none have turned out well. 

Sure. But I also have to acknowledge that we have done a whole lot of bad and focked up a whole lot of countries. Usually with the best of intentions, but naively.

Ive been places where you get some grief for being American and its hard to argue otherwise.

Vietnam comes to mind. Even more so laos and Cambodia, which we bombed the sh!t out of for little good reason. People still find unexploded bombs today. 

The Phillipines love us, but damned if I know why. We killed almost 2 million of them when we took it from Spain, and then utterly leveled Manila when we took it back from the Japs we abandoned it to. Second most damaged city in wwII after Warsaw.

Im pretty much against all military adventures at this point. Since WWII, almost none have turned out well. 

Economically in the last 60 or so years, the world bank and their own people/ leadership has hurt developing countries more than we ever have. You can hang some wars onus sure, but we aren't the only ones who rips those places off. 

I do have a problem with using phobia. I am not afraid of muslims or immigrants, I simply do not like them. 

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Do we actually know this for sure?  Do you know what our country has done to them?  I don't think we know anything close to what our government is doing with other countries.  I think they keep a lot of info from us and we are just told what they want us to believe.

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Do you ask them are they happy to take our money?

Whoever funds something/someplace should have a say in how it's run.

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The next time you come across foreigners with such sentiments tell them that almost all Americans have zero desire to lead the world and wish that the world would instead handle their own problems and stop looking to us for protection or a solution to their predicament.  

• Like 2

I think it's healthy/normal to have a mixture. I have no problem with the Illegal immigrant coming in and working to support their family, following the laws(obviously they broke one by illegally entering), laying low, etc etc. I also am aware you can't just allow them to stay or allow unvetted, unfettered illegal immigration. So they face the risk of deportation if caught. Even non violent ones. :dunno:

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Do we actually know this for sure?  Do you know what our country has done to them?  I don't think we know anything close to what our government is doing with other countries.  I think they keep a lot of info from us and we are just told what they want us to believe.

regardless of what the government may have done, the gen pop didn't deserve 911

2 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

regardless of what the government may have done, the gen pop didn't deserve 911

I agree but like I said, I don't know what we did for them to think we deserved it.

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are you defending the actions of September 11th, 2001? 

It sure as fock sounds like it. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

Are you defending the actions of September 11th, 2001? 

It sure as fock sounds like it. 

Just trying to make sense of why they would do it.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

They are evil people is good enough for me. Islam is not compatible with western culture as we have seen with their invasion of European nations. 

• Like 1

Just now, bostonlager said:

They are evil people is good enough for me. Islam is not compatible with western culture as we have seen with their invasion of European nations. 

Could very well be.  That's what it looks like based on what we know about them.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

When you figure that out, can you also work on why Hitler killed millions of innocent people? They must have done something, right? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When you figure that out, can you also work on why Hitler killed millions of innocent people? They must have done something, right? 

We already know why Hitler did it.  Are you guys always A-holes like this?

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Tf is wrong with you?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Nothing. Anything wrong with you?

You hate America 

It's funny, when you are on the streets in the middle east the people are typically rather engaging and kind, they hold no specific animus toward anyone.

It is the select few, who are the loudest, and who are intent to manipulate people for power.  Not unlike the Democratic party and their media allies today.

Your average person in the middle east is street smart to the extreme, craft and clever.....but easily manipulated by those they would look to for religious guidance.  So when you have people who blow themselves up, or harm others for political gain, what you have are stupid people who were manipulated into pawns by a fervent and small section of people.....not unlike the "odd squad" we see in the Democratic party.

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

You hate America 

Would you relax and stop jumping to conclusions about everything.  Why are you so damn hateful?  Sorry that I try to show tiniest bit of understanding for anyone on this earth.