Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Xenophobia

Just now, MDC said:

What was going on at RP’s poker night??? :o

🤣

If yiu don't like someone because of what they do, not who they are, is that being a bigot? We have a lot of people using that word, would just like to clarify it's meaning. 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

What was going on at RP’s poker night??? :o

Was that game in Dallas? 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If yiu don't like someone because of what they do, not who they are, is that being a bigot? We have a lot of people using that word, would just like to clarify it's meaning. 

This is the meaning of the word and it is usually used accurately.  It's why I use it instead of throwing around the word racist.

Bigot: a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is the meaning of the word and it is usually used accurately.  It's why I use it instead of throwing around the word racist.

Bigot: a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

So itt has nothing to do with behavior, just who the subject of the bigotry is. So being against people for the reason they enter and remain in our country illegally wouldn't be bigoted, under  the definition? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So itt has nothing to do with behavior, just who the subject of the bigotry is. So being against people for the reason they enter and remain in our country illegally wouldn't be bigoted, under  the definition? 

Not wanting people to come into our country illegally is not bigoted at all.  That's just wanting our laws followed.

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

By that definition the left is absolutely more bigoted than the right.  There is zero tolerance from the left of any beliefs or opinions which differ from theirs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not wanting people to come into our country illegally is not bigoted at all.  That's just wanting our laws followed.

Ok. But that's not how the left portrays it. If you're against illegals you are automatically a bigot. 

Can I support stopping illegal immigration without portraying refugees and immigrants as disease ridden criminal animals and terrorists? Cause it seems to me Don could make a strong effective case for stopping illegal immigration without smears and lies. The fact that he doesn’t leads me to believe this is more about tossing red meat to bigots than actually solving a problem.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Can I support stopping illegal immigration without portraying refugees and immigrants as disease ridden criminal animals and terrorists? Cause it seems to me Don could make a strong effective case for stopping illegal immigration without smears and lies. The fact that he doesn’t leads me to believe this is more about tossing red meat to bigots than actually solving a problem.

I really don't care how he portrays them any more than i care how Democrats portray Trump, or anyone else.

Results....everything else is just wasted time and effort....

25 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I really don't care how he portrays them any more than i care how Democrats portray Trump, or anyone else.

Results....everything else is just wasted time and effort....

I disagree with the premise that the way the POTUS presents himself and represents the office doesn’t matter at all. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

The tweet thing seems to have split Trumpers in 3rds:

1) The proud bigots who openly like what Trump said. Bostonlager

2) The Trumpers who make tortures arguments about why it wasn’t bigoted. Reality and many others

3) The Trump supporters who back the POTUS but shake their head at his comments. Voltaire

I understand 1 & 3. 2 is just embarrassing.

I said you have to interject the racism, I never mentioned bigotry.  You guys really struggle with this stuff don't you?

46 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

By that definition the left is absolutely more bigoted than the right.  There is zero tolerance from the left of any beliefs or opinions which differ from theirs.

Yes, of course.

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

I said you have to interject the racism, I never mentioned bigotry.  You guys really struggle with this stuff don't you?

Just commenting on how you and a few other posters have been making tortured explanations as to why Don’s tweet is not racist / bigoted / whatever you want to call it.

Just now, MDC said:

Just commenting on how you and a few other posters have been making tortured explanations as to why Don’s tweet is not racist / bigoted / whatever you want to call it.

You do realize that those words have different meanings, correct?  Don't put words in my mouth and I won't have to correct you.

Is that ok with you pumpkin?  

It's just further proof that you guys toss around the word racism way too much.

53 minutes ago, MDC said:

The last thing we as a nation should be concerned with at this point in time is refugees. We have no business helping outsiders when we have homeless Americans, especially in the shiithole they call California. America and Americans first before we lend a hand to outsiders. 

• Like 1

So people are more offended about the "send her back" chant than they are about her comments concerning 9/11? Kiss my ass if you are.  

11 minutes ago, Reality said:

You do realize that those words have different meanings, correct?  Don't put words in my mouth and I won't have to correct you.

Is that ok with you pumpkin?  

It's just further proof that you guys toss around the word racism way too much.

Yeah I realize they have different meaning. I was just commenting on your pathetic attempts to defend and deflect. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Yeah I realize they have different meaning. I was just commenting on your pathetic attempts to defend and deflect. :thumbsup:

2) The Trumpers who make tortures arguments about why it wasn’t bigoted. Reality and many others

No, you invented a narrative that you wanted to exist about me.  You are an actual piece of sh!t and you can go fvck yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

No, you invented a narrative that you wanted to exist about me.  You are an actual piece of sh!t and you can go fvck yourself. 

So you believe it was bigoted?

13 minutes ago, Reality said:

Aw gonna cry?