Sign in to follow this  
Colorado State University: Words to try to avoid on campus...

The entire list is here, with their "suggestions":

https://collegian.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Inclusive-Language-Guide_10_30_18.pdf

But some of the low-lights...

America/American
Basket Case
Cake Walk/Takes the cake
Eenie meenie miney moe
Freshman
Handicapped/Disabled
He or She/Ladies and Gentlemen
Hip hip hooray!
Hold Down the Fort / Defend the Fort
Long Time No See
Male/Female
Mr./Mrs./Ms.
No Can Do
Paddy Wagon
Peanut Gallery
Pow Wow
Starving
Food Coma
Ā 

šŸ˜

:wall:Ā PutĀ another school on "The List"

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

The indoctrination of the American youthĀ 

Correct.Ā  Ā I am making sure my kids do not fall victim to this, so that they can be more empowered and capable and leave these bleeding gashes in the dust....

Rinky

Berkeley, California, a city with a long history of progressivism, is moving forward with a plan toĀ remove all gendered language from its city codeĀ as part of an effort to recognize its nonbinary residents.

Soon, in the Bay Area city just east of San Francisco, all instances of "he" and "she" in the city code will replaced by the gender-neutral "they."

Ā 

šŸ¤£

Ā 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Rinky

Ā 

šŸ¤£

Ā 

I tho vewwy want thith job.

WTF... I can stretch to see how some people could be offended by some of these but things like eanie meanie miney moe, long time no see, peanut gallery?Ā  WTF.

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Let's just get it over withĀ and ban all human interaction completely.Ā Ā 

This is probably the smartest thing to do...

3 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Let's just get it over withĀ and ban all human interaction completely.Ā Ā 

I've been test-piloting this for the last 25 years.Ā  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I guess they didn't putĀ common sense on the list because no one has any or uses that phrase.

Ā 

The Americas encompass a lot more

than the United States. There is South

America, Central America, Mexico,

Canada, and the Caribbean just to

name a few of 42 countries in total.

That's why the word

"americano" in

Spanish

can refer to anything on the

American continent. Yet, when we talk

about "Americans" in the United

States, we're usually just referring to

people from the United States. This

erases other cultures and depicts the

United States as the dominant

American country.

Ā 

Ā 

šŸ¤£

19 minutes ago, Kanil said:

WTF... I can stretch to see how some people could be offended by some of these but things like eanie meanie miney moe, long time no see, peanut gallery?Ā  WTF.

The original eenie, meenie, miney, mo did not involve catching a tiger.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

The original eenie, meenie, miney, mo did not involve catching a tiger.Ā 

And nobody knew this until they published this list.

Whenever I see these lists I make a point to use the words they outline even more than I normally would. I wipe my a$$ with political correctness and those that take offense can suck my balls.Ā 

• Like 1

What the fock is wrong with "hip hip hooray"???Ā 

Was the original cheer "hip hip hooray let's go lynch some black folks" or something?Ā 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

And nobody knew this until they published this list.

I did. All the first graders in my class (1986-87ish) said the alt version.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I did. All the first graders in my class (1986-87ish) said the alt version.Ā 

I learned about this when people complained about "The Walking Dead Neagan t-shirt is racist!!!!" kerfuffle from a couple years back.Ā 

Just now, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

How about a golf playing tiger?Ā 

Yes, we could have caught him in that version using the eye test, but technically his is a mutt.Ā 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

Was the original cheer "hip hip hooray let's go lynch some black folks" or something?Ā 

It used to be a nazi war chant or something

Is there a reason or did they just pull random sh1t out of hat?

10 minutes ago, DonS said:

This is what it says in the PDF I linked...

""Hip-hip hooray" developed from theĀ German "hep hep," (which was a harmless, adorable call shepherdsĀ would use when herding their sheep).Ā But during the Holocaust, GermanĀ citizens started using it as a rallying cryĀ when they would hunt down theĀ Jewish citizens who were living in theĀ ghettos. And the phrase's anti-SemiticĀ undertones go as far back as 1819, withĀ the Hep Hep riots ā€” a time of bothĀ Jewish emancipation from the GermanĀ Confederation and communal violence against German Jews."

Wait, I'm supposed to call a paraplegic a "Person with a spinal cord injury."Ā Ā Ā  Sorry, that's too many words.Ā 

2 minutes ago, posty said:

""Hip-hip hooray" developed from theĀ German "hep hep," (which was a harmless, adorable call shepherdsĀ would use when herding their sheep).Ā But during the Holocaust, GermanĀ citizens started using it as a rallying cryĀ when they would hunt down theĀ Jewish citizens who were living in theĀ ghettos. And the phrase's anti-SemiticĀ undertones go as far back as 1819, withĀ the Hep Hep riots ā€” a time of bothĀ Jewish emancipation from the GermanĀ Confederation and communal violence against German Jews."

Riiiight, but that is not where "hip hop" originated....

When the first mainstream rap song got air play, Rappers Delight, people did not know what to call the song so when they called the radio station that would ask them to play that "hip hop" song because the most notable thing about it was the verse "Ā said a hip, hop, the hippie, the hippie, to the hip hip-hop, and you don't stop the rock it to the bang-bang, boogie say "up jump" the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat."

So to assign its origination to Germany is flat out false....Ā Ā 

If I went to CSU I'd be in the principals office.......A Lot.

2 minutes ago, posty said:

Interesting historical tidbit. I wonder how many kids today know that to be even remotely offended?Ā  I sure as hell never heard that and I like to believe I know a bit more than your typical freshman, oops, I mean "first year student".Ā 

Is there a liberal arts degree in digging up things to be offended by?Ā 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Interesting historical tidbit. I wonder how many kids today know that to be even remotely offended?Ā  I sure as hell never heard that and I like to believe I know a bit more than your typical freshman, oops, I mean "first year student".Ā 

Is there a liberal arts degree in digging up things to be offended by?Ā 

Yeah I hate the "first-year student"...Ā  My daughter's college called them that when she started last year, even when announcing starting lineups for games...Ā  At forward, first-year student, Jane Doe...

Just sad...

37 minutes ago, lod001 said:

:lol:Ā what a bunch of fockin losers.

Holy fawk. No .Ā  A bunch of losers.Ā  And the board libs are, in the background....telling themselves "Gawd...its about time colleges starting trying to remove those terrible, offensive phrases and words from use on campus."Ā  Libs just go along with what libs tell them.

Conservatives - All have for the most part, the same thought process on the same subjects.Ā  If a conservative disagrees with another conservative, they'll say "fawk you" on that subject, then go back to their life.
Libs - The leader says something, and the rest nod their heads and accept it as gospel.Ā Ā