Sign in to follow this  
6-year-old Utah girl died after being struck in head by her father's errant tee shot...

Holy hell, he must feel awful...  Of course, one should park the cart BEHIND the tee box...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/6-year-old-died-hit-head-fathers-tee-shot-utah-234751654.html

A 6-year-old Utah girl died on Monday after she was accidentally struck in the back of the head by her father’s errant tee shot.

Aria Hill was sitting in a parked cart on the cart path about 20 yards to the left of her father at Sleepy Ridge Golf Course in Orem, Utah, on Monday morning when he went to the tee box to tee off. Her father’s drive went off course and struck her in the back of the head at the base of her skull, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. She died later that night after being transported to the Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City.

“[It was] a complete, fluke accident,” Hill’s uncle, David Smith, said via KUTV. “You couldn’t repeat it if you tried. She just happened to be in the exact wrong place, just directly across from him, when it happened.”

Lt. Trent Colledge of the Orem Police Department said they are not considering criminal charges in the incident. Instead, they are treating it as a “horrible accident.”

“It’s an extremely tragic accident,” Colledge said, via the Salt Lake Tribune. “I can’t imagine what that father is going through.”

The family has since set up a GoFundMe page to help offset costs of the funeral for Hill, who the family said always “brought contagious joy and light to every room or place she entered.”

“Aria was full of joy and compassion,” Smith said, via USA Today. “She loved her parents and was a proud 'sissy' to her younger twin brothers. She loved fully, and will be missed by everyone who knew her.

“This tragic accident has brought unimaginable difficulty, yet we’re grateful for the overwhelming support our family has received.”

There's a chance I'd take my own life if I ever did something like that.

But let's look at the positives.  He gets to sue someone right?  Golf course, golf club/ball/cart makers, anyone else?

I wonder if she ate the last piece of cake?

Did he yell FORE? 

Seriously though, that is truly a tragic accident. 

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

There's a chance I'd take my own life if I every did something like that.

But let's look at the positives.  He gets to sue someone right?  Golf course, golf club/ball/cart makers, anyone else?

It will be his wife suing him for divorce and compensation for the the negligent homicide of her daughter. 

No jokes here, children dying is a tragedy. 

Unless they happened to get their haid lopped off by a passing roller coaster while looking for their hat. 

2 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

No jokes here, children dying is a tragedy. 

Unless they happened to get their haid lopped off by a passing roller coaster while looking for their hat. 

Well that's just Darwinism.  Can't argue with science. 

Holy sh1t I wouldn't be able to live with myself. 

Did he get a mulligan?

Tragic.  :(

Makes me sick to my stomach.....

30 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Holy sh1t I wouldn't be able to live with myself. 

for slicing the ball that bad? me neither

I'm assuming that ball didn't go past the ladies tees. I guess he finished that hole with his pecker out. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I'm assuming that ball didn't go past the ladies tees. I guess he finished that hole with his pecker out. 

DICKOUT!

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

for slicing the ball that bad? me neither

Aria Hill was sitting in a parked cart on the cart path about 20 yards to the left of hefather

Unless he was a lefty, it sound more like a snap hook.  

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Aria Hill was sitting in a parked cart on the cart path about 20 yards to the left of hefather

Unless he was a lefty, it sound more like a snap hook.  

even worse, a slice makes sense

6 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

What did he end up shooting?

His own kid.....  :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

What did he end up shooting?

6 year old, 6 feet under  66 :dunno:

if she loved watching her father golf, how did he hit her in the back of the neck?

Just now, edjr said:

if she loved watching her father golf, how did he hit her in the back of the neck?

She may have watched him tee off before....and was ducking 

1 hour ago, posty said:

Holy hell, he must feel awful...  Of course, one should park the cart BEHIND the tee box...

so freaking sad 😥

I got hit in the head with a 120 yrd drive once..........absolutely no picnic. 

10 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I got hit in the head with a 120 yrd drive once.

Now it's starting to make sense

16 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

so freaking sad 😥

I got hit in the head with a 120 yrd drive once..........absolutely no picnic. 

it all makes sense.

:fu: kuntulu 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

It will be his wife suing him for divorce and compensation for the the negligent homicide of her daughter. 

She probably pulled the old "you can go play your stupid golf game if you take your daughter with you!" Routine...

6 year olds don't belong out there 

10 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Now it's starting to make sense

:first:

haha.......I expected that

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

it all makes sense.

:fu: kuntulu 

that too

6 minutes ago, drobeski said:

She probably pulled the old "you can go play your stupid golf game if you take your daughter with you!" Routine...

6 year olds don't belong out there 

Maybe he loved his daughter and she loved spending time with him. I know, weird to think of.

Hitting a shank usually happens due to poor form in the back swing. This may have prevented this strategy. 

21 minutes ago, edjr said:

Maybe he loved his daughter and she loved spending time with him. I know, weird to think of.

Yeah that's it ...I bet his golf buddies did too. 

Because there are never balls flying all over the place at a golf course. Super smart and safe 

One thing for sure is, he loved her more than that selfish future dad who says nah cancel that...cramps my lifestyle..kill it. 

Just now, drobeski said:

Yeah that's it ...I bet his golf buddies did too. 

Because there are never balls flying all over the place at a golf course. Super smart and safe 

it's not the driving range. 

thanks, posty.

As devastating as this is for the father, I can't help but think what major lapse in sensibility he had in putting his kid in that position. Literally. In front of the tee rather than behind the tee box. That's crazy.

I remember I got smoked in the head by a gold club when I was like 5. I wasn't paying attention and walked in front of some kid swinging the club. Holy hell did I see stars

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Hitting a shank usually happens due to poor form in the back swing. This may have prevented this strategy. 

wow, thanks for the nap