Sign in to follow this  
treewarden

Back up QB most likely to succeed?

Or stated another way, which starting QB is most likely injured? End of SFB draft and looking for a flyer on a back up QB that might take over and produce...

CAR: Will Grier - If Newton's shoulder can't hold up, there's a lot of weapons in Carolina.

IND: Jacoby Brissett - If Luck get's hurt, the Colts have players that can help and Brissett isn't really all that bad of a QB.

SF: Nick Mullens - Dude's a baller.  Better fantasy QB than NFL.

LAR: Blake Bortles - As an NFL QB, not all that special, but he's decent.  Lot's of talent and a coach who can help him out.

AZ: Brett Hundley - I don't believe in Murray.  Fitz and Johnson still there, so some success is possible.

TEN: Ryan Tannehill - He's better than Mariota.

OAK: Mike Glennon - He's better than Derek Carr.

MIA: Ryan Fitzpatrick - Josh Rosen can't play.

I would agree with Fitzmagic if he's available he should be your #1 target. Other sneaky guy I like is Colt McCoy.

Who's backing up Jameis Winston?  I don't think he lasts the season for suckiness reasons.

53 minutes ago, nobody said:

Who's backing up Jameis Winston?  I don't think he lasts the season for suckiness reasons.

He sucks as a QB, but he'll put up numbers.  That said, Ryan Griffin is the backup and doesn't really belong in the NFL.  He's pretty crappy.

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

I would agree with Fitzmagic if he's available he should be your #1 target. Other sneaky guy I like is Colt McCoy.

Fitzmagic went earlier as the perceived starter; leaning toward Bortles (weapons) or Grier (running potential)..

21 minutes ago, treewarden said:

Fitzmagic went earlier as the perceived starter; leaning toward Bortles (weapons) or Grier (running potential)..

Of those two I'd go Grier at least he has a realistic path other than blind luck which would be a Goff injury.

Not sure why you are worried about backups. QB is the strongest position this year. So many good QB's. You can get good/great value in late rounds this year. Rivers, Big Ben, Mayfield. etc. Always avalible late, and always produce. I am waiting on QB this year, more than any other year.

Last round there are still viable starting QBs left usually. A few of which will prob Have a chance to go on to be the darling top 5 out of nowhere guy. 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Not sure why you are worried about backups. QB is the strongest position this year. So many good QB's. You can get good/great value in late rounds this year. Rivers, Big Ben, Mayfield. etc. Always avalible late, and always produce. I am waiting on QB this year, more than any other year.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Last round there are still viable starting QBs left usually. A few of which will prob Have a chance to go on to be the darling top 5 out of nowhere guy. 

Looks like he's talking about a Scott Fishbowl draft, which are Super Flex leagues.  With 12 teams, you have to assume everyone has at least 3... which is 36 QB's.  That's at least 4 teams who are going to have an NFL backup as their 3rd QB.

Haskins... Keenum will most likely start and Haskins will come in at some point off the bench and take over.

On 7/20/2019 at 10:58 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

CAR: Will Grier - If Newton's shoulder can't hold up, there's a lot of weapons in Carolina.

This what I'm hoping for. 
Not a Cam injury, but that Grier might be the real deal there. (eventually)

Disclaimer: Not a Panthers fan, but a drafter of Grier in a deep dynasty league.

I actually think Mark Sanches might have a decent shot selling insurance or homes.

On 7/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, crackills said:

Haskins... Keenum will most likely start and Haskins will come in at some point off the bench and take over.

Im buying haskins.