Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

The Great Mariano

The thread title sounds like the name of a pizza joint that is trying way to hard to get customers...

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

playoffs is not one game though.

Who was the pitcher on the mound when the Yankees blew it against the Dbacks in game 7? :dunno:

Has anyone claimed he never lost?  Joe Nathan's post season numbers are horrendous. Step back. 

4 minutes ago, posty said:

The thread title sounds like the name of a pizza joint that is trying way to hard to get customers...

You should start a Mark Wholers themed restaurant. They can specialize in sliders with no bite. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should start a Mark Wholers themed restaurant. They can specialize in sliders with no bite. 

Who is Mark Wholers?

You'd be screaming 29 if he really was the best ever.

I can't remember many closers that cost their teams TWO guaranteed world series victories if he could hold onto just 2 saves.

game 7 against the dbacks is one of the most epic chokejobs of my lifetime

1 minute ago, posty said:

Who is Mark Wholers?

Clown.  Wohlers. Happy now? Jim putting on Le-Ritz says what's up. 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I can't remember many closers that cost their teams TWO guaranteed world series victories if he could hold onto just 2 saves.

That is a bold statement for anyone alive during Peyton Manning's college and pro career. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

That is a bold statement for anyone alive during Peyton Manning's college and pro career. 

Baseball.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Brady choked up a couple of Super Bowls. Remember? Still the Goat. It happens. TWO? They didn't play the Red Sox in the WS numbnuts. Step away sonny, you're not equipped for me. 

Brady choked up a couple of Super Bowls. Remember? Still the Goat. It happens. TWO? They didn't play the Red Sox in the WS numbnuts. Step away sonny, you're not equipped for me. 

think they would have lost to St. Louis 

I guess if mo got too many more chances that year they may have.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

think they would have lost to St. Louis 

I guess if mo got too many more chances that year they may have.

You of all people should no there are no guarantees. The greatest offense of all time putting up 14 against the 2007 Giants ? They weren't exactly the steel curtain.  Hell, they weren't even the 86 or 90 Giants. 

You of all people should no there are no guarantees. The greatest offense of all time putting up 14 against the 2007 Giants ? They weren't exactly the steel curtain.  Hell, they weren't even the 86 or 90 Giants. 

I'm busting your balls, it's what we do. Congrats to Mo, the greatest closer ever. Enjoy your day :cheers:

• Like 1

Just now, edjr said:

I'm busting your balls, it's what we do. Congrats to Mo, the greatest closer ever. Enjoy your day :cheers:

Thanks Ed. This guy gets it. Take some notes Posty

sadly, the hall of sham has become a joke.  It's been ruined by liberal nitwits and people that have no business voting. This years class has confirmed it's a joke.

People like MO are who the HOF was made for. Not focking Edgar Martinez and Mike Mussina. Puhlease.

Harold Baines ended the HOF forever

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Ugh. As a Tennessee fan, this hurts, but it's true.

Even the year he won his first super bowl, he tried damn hard to give the chiefs the game in the early rounds. Three picks to one guy as I recall. 

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Ugh. As a Tennessee fan, this hurts, but it's true.

Even the year he won his first super bowl, he tried damn hard to give the chiefs the game in the early rounds. Three picks to one guy as I recall. 

Before Peyton got it together and won his rings he was well known for 1 and done playoffs after dominating regular seasons. He really saved his legacy with those later years. Similar to Elway and to a lesser extent Lebron when all those “no rings” memes were popular.

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

sadly, the hall of sham has become a joke.  It's been ruined by liberal nitwits and people that have no business voting. This years class has confirmed it's a joke.

People like MO are who the HOF was made for. Not focking Edgar Martinez and Mike Mussina. Puhlease.

Harold Baines ended the HOF forever

Yep pretty much...  Baines and Martinez should only get in if they bought a ticket...

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thanks Ed. This guy gets it. Take some notes Posty

Oh get off your high horse...  All I said that it is a shame that he was the first unanimous decision, you of course taking it as an attack on your manhood or something...

1 minute ago, posty said:

Oh get off your high horse...  All I said that it is a shame that he was the first unanimous decision, you of course taking it as an attack on your manhood or something...

I will agree there.  I didn't know he was the 1st unanimous ever. that's not right. 

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Before Peyton got it together and won his rings he was well known for 1 and done playoffs after dominating regular seasons. He really saved his legacy with those later years. Similar to Elway and to a lesser extent Lebron when all those “no rings” memes were popular.

Both rings were pretty weak though. The first one he sucked ass against the chiefs, and rode joseph Addai in the super bowl.

The second one was basically weekend at bernies. The D won that one.

Then there were the chokes against new Orleans and Seattle. 

7 minutes ago, posty said:

But it's not a shame. It's a quirk. That's all. 

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

I will agree there.  I didn't know he was the 1st unanimous ever. that's not right. 

And everyone knows that. Dig up last years Griffey thread and I guarantee  I said it then. Posty just has to come in and state the obvious for some reason. NYYDS is real.  

13 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The second one was basically weekend at bernies. The D won that one.

LOL I’m dying 😂