Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

:dunno: It's not a threat as far as I can see. Just an observation....

Louisiana Police Officer on Facebook Says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘Needs a Round’

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/louisiana-police-officer-on-facebook-says-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-needs-a-round/ar-AAEFMSr?ocid=ientp

A Facebook post by a Louisiana police officer suggesting that Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez “needs a round” drew criticism on Sunday from officials in the city where he works.

The officer, Charlie Rispoli, a 14-year veteran of the police department in Gretna, La., referred to Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, Democrat of New York, in a post on Thursday as “this vile idiot.”

The post continued, saying she “needs a round — and I don’t mean the kind she used to serve,” a reference to her past work as a bartender, according to a screenshot of his comment obtained by nola.com, which covers New Orleans.

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

Come on man.  You're better than this.

ANTIFA has every right to push people around in person and the left does not condemn them.. This guy is only commenting. Not threatening.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

No, he's not.

Coming from a freak like you? Now that is a compliment. :wave:

He apparently has a right to free speech as you're talking about his posting that. What he doesn't have is freedom from consequences of what he chooses to post.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

He apparently has a right to free speech as you're talking about his posting that. What he doesn't have is freedom from consequences of what he chooses to post.

Yep. Agreed. But why does Antifa get police protection with democratic support and no consequences for their violent actions?

5 hours ago, sderk said:

Yep. Agreed. But why does Antifa get police protection with democratic support and no consequences for their violent actions?

If a cop is found to be a member of antifa and participating in  violence then they should be fired.  This guy should know better. Cops should stay off the social media. Wait until you retire ☺️👮🏻

• Like 1

I wouldn't fire someone for what they post on social media. That slope is beyond slippery.  I honestly don't know what to do with people who advocate violence on social media. Millions do it everyday.

Not a good move by the cop, I don't want anybody to lose their job but, he should face discipline.

Gotta be better than that.

This is unacceptable...  He should lose his job and this should be looked at as a death threat...

I am not a fan of AOC either, but he should be punished...

You just can't do this stuff in 2019. Save it for the bar. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yep.  Here's the thing.  20 years ago if I was talking to a buddy and said "so and so needs x" that's a one on one conversation with people I know.  If I'd taken an ad out in the newspaper it might have attracted some attention, including from law enforcement to see if I meant it.  Why people post crap like this on the Internet for everyone to see is beyond me.  It's idiotic and they deserve whatever attention they get as a result.

10 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Yup.

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Nothing has happened to FOS, some people might want to learn what it allows and what it doesn't.

That's not entirely true.

I don’t agree with what he said, but has even one liberal lost their job for all the threats they have made against POTUS? What’s about the one red headed chick who held a fake head? Anything?

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Nothing has happened to FOS, some people might want to learn what it allows and what it doesn't.

Maybe not legally, but socially it has definetly been affected. 

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I don’t agree with what he said, but has even one liberal lost their job for all the threats they have made against POTUS? What’s about the one red headed chick who held a fake head? Anything?

Kathy Griffin? How do you “fire” a comedienne?

11 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Good post.

I can't believe that as many times as this has been said since social media really got going, we still have numbnuts that think freedom of speech means you can't be held accountable for saying dumb sh!t. I'd Peenie this thread if I was Sderk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

Kathy Griffin? How do you “fire” a comedienne?

I mean there is a 1,000 other examples don’t hang your hat on just that one 

What Omar said about 9/11 is worse. No consequence. Except a chant. 

53 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I mean there is a 1,000 other examples don’t hang your hat on just that one 

If Kathy Griffin were a cop / civil servant I’d support firing her for it. And if this cop were for example an accountant or something I’d think termination was too harsh.  

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Didn't the lady on the bicycle that flipped off his caravan as they rode by lose her job or did she just claim that she did?

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

How about Maxine Waters?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=maxine+waters+tells+people+to+attack&view=detail&mid=C679F4D4CD5550B80D28C679F4D4CD5550B80D28&FORM=VIRE

And she doesn't quit:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=maxine+waters+tells+people+to+attack&&view=detail&mid=A36EECB3EA776D2D16C6A36EECB3EA776D2D16C6&&FORM=VRDGAR

12 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

This

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just lookout for people recording.

I don't care if the guy get's fired for being stupid.  Point is, the left is what is promoting this behavior and they should be held accountable for their own tactics that often times set people up for retaliation. The not so smart ones take the bait. Maxine Waters tells people to go and get in the faces of those they disagree with. Pull crowds together and fight against those they don't agree with and in a very very confrontational way. And the left is proving time and again that they are following her  advice. One of these days when the left get's a crowd together and picks on a couple people because they outnumber them, there is going to be some backup coming from the right and people will get hurt because the left's tactics.

And they want no accountability for this. And now some dumb ass on a tweet or whatever says something and the whole world comes against him for  dumb words on a social chat that is barely seen by anyone in the first place.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah.  Even if a regular guy like me posts something like that, it's not good.  A LEO... extremely dumb.  

29 minutes ago, MDC said:

If Kathy Griffin were a cop / civil servant I’d support firing her for it. And if this cop were for example an accountant or something I’d think termination was too harsh.  

Public safety is held to a higher standard of professionalism than general public.  It just comes with the territory.

Seriously, what profession, besides maybe the clergy, would you allow to walk unfettered through your home like you would a firefighter?  We cannot allow erosion of our public trust.

6 minutes ago, sderk said:

I don't care if the guy get's fired for being stupid.  Point is, the left is what is promoting this behavior and they should be held accountable for their own tactics that often times set people up for retaliation. The not so smart ones take the bait. Maxine Waters tells people to go and get in the faces of those they disagree with. Pull crowds together and fight against those they don't agree with and in a very very confrontational way. And the left is proving time and again that they are following her  advice. One of these days when the left get's a crowd together and picks on a couple people because they outnumber them, there is going to be some backup coming from the right and people will get hurt because the left's tactics.

And they want no accountability for this. And now some dumb ass on a tweet or whatever says something and the whole world comes against him for  dumb words on a social chat that is barely seen by anyone in the first place.

You should take the L and call it a day.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

You should take the L and call it a day.

You should take your own dumb advice. You were the second dumbest poster on this site, but then Newbie left and you are at the tops again boozy.

And I don't live in Chicago.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, sderk said:

This guy didn't pick on Maxine Waters.  He picked on AOC.  I have no love for AOC but please link me where she has incited violence.  She's an idiot but she does not deserve to have people suggesting she needs to take a round. 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

This guy didn't pick on Maxine Waters.  He picked on AOC.  I have no love for AOC but please link me where she has incited violence.  She's an idiot but she does not deserve to have people suggesting she needs to take a round. 

No issue with this post.  But telling Omar to go back  to the shithole we saved her from is fine with me. Citizen or not.