Sign in to follow this  
shaabyi

CMC / Kamara .... not close

Ok I have seen the debate who is better with those taking in the 3rd spot (assuming Barkley and Zeke go the first two). To me it not even close.

1. Sean Payton always uses at least two RB’s in the mix. Has for years. Even with Ingram gone, Kamara will not be a full work horse.

2. CMC only left the field maybe 30 plays total last year.

i love both but CMC wins hands down. 

Thoughts?

I have Kamara as my number 1 player. I like the offense more than the others. You can make an argument for them all but Kamara is my #1 guy this year.

Kamara 

This debate is like arguing over which Super Model is hotter, the blond or brunette....

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

This debate is like arguing over which Super Model is hotter, the blond or brunette....

The Snow White looking one. So hot.

The reigns are truly off Kamara for the first time this season. Could be a historic year for him. You don’t want him getting all the carries, he’s best when he can stay fresh and keep his legs. It’s hard picking anyone over him in PPR.

Advanced issues found

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

The reigns are truly off Kamara for the first time this season. Could be a historic year for him. You don’t want him getting all the carries, he’s best when he can stay fresh and keep his legs. It’s hard picking anyone over him in PPR.

I agree with just about everything here. What I am about to say is not necessarily a shot at tan, but just pointing out what I think is a flaw in the general consensus people seem to have about Kamara.

With the exception of four games, all we've ever seen is Kamara in a committee, be it at Tennessee and in the NFL. In those four games to begin last year, Kamara was the featured back and nearly broke fantasy. Four games doesn't tell us about his ability to hold up for an entire season with a heavy workload, but we were given a taste of what is possible. 

Everyone likes to say the reason to downgrade Kamara is that he is more effective with a smaller workload. (And since volume reigns supreme in fantasy, he must be the RB4.) I'm not sure we have any real proof of that, at least in terms of having a decent-sized sample size from which to draw. We've seen him dominate with limited touches; wouldn't it make sense that a back with two of the most efficient seasons in league history (PPR points per touch, check link below) could maintain that on 225-235 carries instead of 170-180?

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-could-alvin-kamara-be-underrated-for-fantasy

Coming out of the draft and entering last year, people said CMC was too small and a committee back. Things are the way they are ... until they aren't. All it takes is for Payton to decide he wants to see more of Kamara because all he does is produce with the touches he gets. (That's what happened in Carolina last year with Carolina always using a committee approach.) Payton may not have a history of relying heavily on one back, but I would argue he has never had the set of circumstances he has now.

Last but not least, the Saints ran 471 times last year. Is NO really at its best if Kamara isn't seeing roughly half of those carries?

Lol no.