Rep. Rashida Tlaib calls for a $20 minimum wage...

I don’t know who this guy is, but did he really have to go with RealSaavedra? Is that to distinguish him from all the other Ryan Saavedra’s out there? :dunno:

Wait...Weren't they just bitching about $15 an hour like a year ago?

Kudos to all of us who said they would demand more and more and never stop.  Talib - what a racist, clueless POS.

When is she up for election again? The blacks in her Michigan ghetto better get their heads out of their asses. 

Bernie Sanders just cut the hours of his field staff after they asked him to.pay them 15/hour.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Bernie Sanders just cut the hours of his field staff after they asked him to.pay them 15/hour

Do as I say not as I do

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

Do as I say not as I do

Metallica reference? 

26 minutes ago, frank said:

Metallica reference? 

Nah, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left with a good old fashioned saying. 

Posted this last week.  $15 ain't enough anymore kids.

Not just $20.  Time off.   Shorter work weeks.  Paid transportation to and from work.  Meal vouchers....the list will keep growing. 

Dumb.  I will say this..... The $7.25 or whatever does seem low.  I’d like to see a study / graph of the rise in minimum wage year over year to inflation and cost of living.  

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

Nah, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left with a good old fashioned saying. 

First one to identify the song wins a banana. 

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Dumb.  I will say this..... The $7.25 or whatever does seem low.  I’d like to see a study / graph of the rise in minimum wage year over year to inflation and cost of living.  

7.25 is a frickin joke.  But damn man. My company can't fill their $18/hr union jobs with phenomenal benefits.  Cause too many people cant stay clean long enough

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

7.25 is a frickin joke.  But damn man. My company can't fill their $18/hr union jobs with phenomenal benefits.  Cause too many people cant stay clean long enough

My 16 year old son and all of his 16 year old friends, as well as my 16 year old nephew ALL make more than minimum wage at tgeir jobs.  Who even makes minimum wage?

BTW, 2 work for a franchise we all know.  My son washes dishes and my nephew cleans up cabins at a campground.

12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

It’d be such a boss Trump type move to come out and ask Congress or whatever vehicle this is done to raise the minimum wage to $8.75 an hour and every 5 years it’s raised (trued up) at the same rate as some inflation / cost of living calculation.  

He’d boast how under him it’s the single largest minimum wage increase in history. More than Obama ever thought.  All while not being ridiculous about it and understanding simple business economics.  And just stand there with that smug arse look on his face.  :lol:

Just now, KSB2424 said:

It’d be such a boss Trump type move to come out and ask Congress or whatever vehicle this is done to raise the minimum wage to $8.75 an hour and every 5 years it’s raised (trued up) at the same rate as some inflation / cost I’ve living calculation.  

He’d boast how under him it’s the single largest minimum wage increase in history. More than Obama ever thought.  All while not being ridiculous about it and understanding simple business economics.  And just stand there with that smug arse look on his face.  :lol:

If trump proposed it the democrats would block it and claim hes fiscally irresponsible.   Sad but true 

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

My 16 year old son and all of his 16 year old friends, as well as my 16 year old nephew ALL make more than minimum wage at tgeir jobs.  Who even makes minimum wage?

BTW, 2 work for a franchise we all know.  My son washes dishes and my nephew cleans up cabins at a campground.

States have their own minimum wage, it just cannot be less than the FED number.  Your state might be 8 or 9 bucks.

Just making that note.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

Just make it $1000 an hour.

That's gulag money. I say make is a bizzilon an hour.

33 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

These democrats have no concept of money and economics. 

I've had multiple discussions with MDC on the concept of minimum wage increases.  For McDonalds, he argued that they already have the "right" number of employees regardless of the wage.  I argued that economics dictates the right number of employees based on wage costs, including when to invest in automation to lower wage costs.

Why not pay them $50/hour?  Silly, that's too high.  Why is it too high, they already have the right number of employees. :dunno:

Minimum wage was never meant to be a living wage for adults.

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I've had multiple discussions with MDC on the concept of minimum wage increases.  For McDonalds, he argued that they already have the "right" number of employees regardless of the wage.  I argued that economics dictates the right number of employees based on wage costs, including when to invest in automation to lower wage costs.

Why not pay them $50/hour?  Silly, that's too high.  Why is it too high, they already have the right number of employees. :dunno:

Oof.

your first mistake was having discussions with MDC in the first place.  No way you're going to get that time back. you could have spent it on someone that actually knows what they're talking about and uses logic and reason when discussing topics instead of talking points directly from the Democrat party.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Wasn’t it implemented after the Depression so people wouldn’t be taken advantage of?  So there wouldn’t be sweat shops with kids making 20 cents an hour yada yada?

I may be wrong.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

This.

:lol:    at Bernie cutting hours of his staffers.  You can't make this sh!t up. 

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

min wage should be zero

Hold on with your crazy progressive ideas.  People should have to pay for the privilege of working.  Go back where you came from.

Talib should go back where she came from and work on that place like Trump suggested. Her district is a complete shithole. 

• Like 1

Raise your hand if you think this guy deserves $20/hour:

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

States have their own minimum wage, it just cannot be less than the FED number.  Your state might be 8 or 9 bucks.

Just making that note.

I forgot that.  $7.25 is the states minimum wage as well.

11 hours ago, bostonlager said:

When is she up for election again? The blacks in her Michigan ghetto better get their heads out of their asses. 

Tlaib is up next year and I would bet she is one and done.  Her spot is the one that used to belong to John Conyers (from the 1960s thru 2017, in various redrawn versions of the district)  .  The black caucus will insure she isn't running against 4-5 people next time (splitting the vote of the majority of her constituency) and she will be an afterthought.  Its also probably a good bet that the person running against her will be a Conyers. 

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Wasn’t it implemented after the Depression so people wouldn’t be taken advantage of?  So there wouldn’t be sweat shops with kids making 20 cents an hour yada yada?

I may be wrong.

I don't know all of the history and you may be right, but I will say that as a teen in the 80s minimum wage was viewed as something teens made on part time jobs, or as a supplemental job.

Heck, I have 3 kids and all have made a lot more than minimum working as servers in restaurants.  :dunno:

I made minimum wage for about 3 months when I was 14. Preformed well, always showed up on time and was given a raise. 

I used that experience to get a more desirable job that also paid better. Worked there for a few more months until I found out about another job that paid even more. 

That is how minimum wage is designed to work. Tough break if you have no initiative to better yourself and your work situation. 

• Like 1

Really, the only people that I know that make min wage are temp/day laborers. These folk normally have multiple convictions. Even the kids in the snack bar at our neighborhood pool make $8.

11 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Spoiler: It hasn’t kept pace with inflation.

I think proposals like this are well meaning but pointless. People don’t need better paying minimum wage jobs. They need more living wage jobs with benefits. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think proposals like this are well meaning but pointless. People don’t need better paying minimum wage jobs. They need more living wage jobs with benefits to learn a skill so they can get a decent paying job.  Fry cook will never pay a living wage for a family.

FYP.

The laws of supply and demand don't matter to the left. Of course there should be a minimum. But if they want to see the wages rise organically, they should limit the supply of unskilled and uneducated illegal immigrants. That would result in the demand for those types of workers already here by birth or legal immigration. And wages would rise. But leave it to the libwrlas to create a problem and then demand someone else fix it. And that includes alleged conservatives like the Koch brothers and much of corporate America. 

Just now, Strike said:

FYP.

I don’t think a fry cook should be a living wage job. I do think wages should generally keep pace with inflation though. Instead they’ve been stagnant for decades while the cost of necessities like healthcare, housing, education etc. have rapidly increased. Neither party seems to have a solution to that problem.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Trust MDC on this as he knows first hand. And he earns his $6.25 an hour bagging the groceries at the local store that hires in his type to make him feel useful. I endorse this business behavior. :thumbsup: