Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

So Tom Hanks is going to play Mr. Rogers

Hanks is one of the best actors ever.  I’ll see it.  If it sucks it sucks,  but I doubt it will.  

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

I thought the one you were talking about was what he played in. I didn’t watch the documentary but I swear I remember Colin Hanks playing Fred Rodgers in something. I thought it was like re-enactments for the documentary 

You must be thinking of something else. 

The film premiered at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival and was released in the United States on June 8, 2018. It received acclaim from critics and audiences and has grossed $22 million, making it the highest-grossing biographical documentary of all time. 

It was nominated for numerous awards, won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Documentary Feature, and was chosen by Time magazine as one of its top ten films of 2018.[4]

I saw 'I like you just the way you are' . I think it was called.

It was great. Teared up many times. 

When he faced down the Senator? Wow. That's the stuff of movies. 

The fact that he made sure they showed itsak Rabin being in his wheelchair. That he made a point of washing a black man's feet or at least sharing his towel. There are so many really Monumental moments that slipped right past us. He spoke of cancer and divorce and death and all those things that little kids weren't supposed to talk about but still felt deeply.

I couldn't recommend this documentary any stronger.

35 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The fact that he made sure they showed itsak Rabin being in his wheelchair. That he made a point of washing a black man's feet or at least sharing his towel. There are so many really Monumental moments that slipped right past us. He spoke of cancer and divorce and death and all those things that little kids weren't supposed to talk about but still felt deeply.

Pass

35 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Pass

12 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Sarah Ruth Ashcroft

Funny how the left ridicules survivors like her but props up frauds like Christine Blasey Ford. 

18 hours ago, Djgb13 said:
19 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

The geek club complains about Star Wars Episode 15 "Return of the Dark Sith Evil Bad Guys" and Avengers 19 "Infinity +1 War".

Yet, now they are making a new movie and you guys are complaining about it.

I'll agree that these biopics are a step up from the freaking franchises. But is writing a freaking original story too much to ask? 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'll agree that these biopics are a step up from the freaking franchises. But is writing a freaking original story too much to ask? 

That Chris Steele guy seems pretty creative. 

Never watched him, but never heard anything bad about him.  I won't watch the movie, but for those who do, enjoy.

13 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

some of you would probably enjoy looking at the list of Canadian and British etcetera releases.

If he was a conservative or religious person doing good things this movie never gets made. But alas, he's a liberal so he must be celebrated.  Propaganda.  

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If he was a conservative or religious person doing good things this movie never gets made. But alas, he's a liberal so he must be celebrated.  Propaganda.  

He was a presbyterian minister and a lifelong republican, but didn’t exactly toe the party line on every issue.  

Just like many ministers, he was a pacifist, and he stood up for the rights of all people.  

He has a lot more in common with Mother Theresa than he does with Hillary Clinton   

When does Hanks get to play Mr. Wilson

9 minutes ago, posty said:

Saw the movie today...  Pretty damn good movie...

Agreed...!!  

• Thanks 1

Tom Hanks is really stupid. Very stupid. If he were making $60,000-$100,000 a year and working hard for it, he would not be acting out this political point of view. Maybe he would? He is so stupid. Or is he one of the rich hollywood that represent almost zero % of the US population that loves to be on camera chiming in on things they know nothing about? 

I'm guessing the latter. Probably both.

• Thanks 1

I can't imagine the situation I would have to find myself in to watch this movie. Not a plane, not on a train, not on a boat.