Sign in to follow this  
Gypsybrat

NEW Waiver Wire time period

since we have a majority vote on expanding the Waiver Wire to include the DNDL playoffs,  we need to discuss when it will start and end during the year.

RHR would like to see the waiver wire open up at least a month or so before week one of the NFL games....so we should consider both when the Waiver Wire starts and finishes.

Some points that need to be considered with this are:

• When would Die Nasty Bucks reset to zero?  (we also have the option that they roll over year to year)
  • outside of the NFL season, would we also include the Free Add/Drop period that usually follows the Waiver Wire period?
  • Do we want the Waiver Wire being open during the NFL draft and also during the DNDL Draft?

Please....everyone needs to speak up on the matter.....even if its an "I Dont Care...Go With The Majority" type comment.

I can’t tell which parts of this post are statements and which are questions. I think the punctuation (or lack there of) is in part to blame. 

I like the idea of the Nasty Bucks never resetting.  Now that we can trade them, would add a bit of strategy.

I would not include the Free Add/Drops outside of the NFL regular season....if it was available.....would make it a race to the computer whenever a Breaking News Bomb dropped.  Keeping it to just a Waiver Wire would give everyone time to make moves.

I dont think it would be good to have the Waiver Wire open during the NFL and DNDL draft.  Dont want to detract from that.   In fact....I think the Waiver Wire should be open for a set time.....say off the top of my head, August 1st of every year until March 1st.  We could have a 4 month off season that way. 

4 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I can’t tell which parts of this post are statements and which are questions. I think the punctuation (or lack there of) is in part to blame. 

what parts do you not get?

There are basically 3 bullet points that we need to discuss as a league.   

I punctuated for you :)

I prefer to keep it starting as is and closing after the conclusion of the NFL season. (Would be ok with it opening a little earlier like after week 3 of the preseason)

Fine with rolling nasty bucks but don't care too much either way

34 minutes ago, kutulu said:

I prefer to keep it starting as is and closing after the conclusion of the NFL season. (Would be ok with it opening a little earlier like after week 3 of the preseason)

This is what i would prefer. Week 3 of preseason through end of NFL.

The blind bid money should reset when the draft occurs.

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

This is what i would prefer. Week 3 of preseason through end of NFL.

The blind bid money should reset when the draft occurs.

I was thinking after the draft until week 3 of the preseason starts everyone is a free agent, then like Thurs morning before week 3, everyone starts going on waivers, and then process on its normal day every week like usual

I just think its kinda dumb I have to sit here for a month+ and cant even fill out my roster

I’d be ok with people filling out their rosters immediately after the draft. You can add/drop for a few days or something. Kinda like when the NFL teams sign undrafted rookies. 

But once camps really get going and preseason starts, I don’t like the idea of free agents and add/drops. Basically I am not a fan of situations I’m which news breaks and it’s a race to the computer. I also kind of enjoy that first waiver period, in which we’ve all processed the preseason and we bid. It serves as a supplemental draft almost. 

11 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I’d be ok with people filling out their rosters immediately after the draft. You can add/drop for a few days or something. Kinda like when the NFL teams sign undrafted rookies. 

I'd be ok with that IF rookies were off limits... Doesn't seem fair for a team to get a few extra lottery tickets just cause they had less then 25 players prior to the draft

7 minutes ago, kutulu said:

I'd be ok with that IF rookies were off limits... Doesn't seem fair for a team to get a few extra lottery tickets just cause they had less then 25 players prior to the draft

Thinking it through further, I agree with this. 

If you want rookies, trade for the picks during the draft. But you can fill out your roster with vets immediately after draft. Then we lock down as usual until the first waiver period. 

I'd  add this "fill out the roster" period should also be open to teams that do have 30 players for add/drop non rookie FA moves.

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

I had 25. But only 3 picks this year. I just wanna be able to get my 2nd te and kicker

39 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I had 25. But only 3 picks this year. I just wanna be able to get my 2nd te and kicker

Understood... Same logic applies though.

A better rule change for RHR might be that you need to drop down to  30-n where n is the number of picks that you have.

I would vote yes for this change.

• Like 1

fcfs after draft for non-rookies for a week.  

fa/ww closes.

starts up again after week 3 of pre-season?

this sound about right?  I would vote in favor of this

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

fcfs after draft for non-rookies for a week.  I am in agreeance

fa/ww closes. I am in agreeance

starts up again after week 3 of pre-season? I'd prefer for the waiver wire to start back up when it does currently, but it's not a make or break issue.

I agree with Bier Meister's proposed timeline.  Open FCFS for a week after the DNDL draft (non-rookies only), then close it again and open normal waivers after week 3 of the NFL preseason.

I also would be in favor of having the pre-draft roster be 30-n instead of a flat 25, but not a huge deal either way for me.

I am not opposed to rolling Nasty Bucks forward from year to year, I kind of like that actually.  But it would have to be a flat amount + rollover given to each owner, not just the rollover amount (otherwise we have no new Nasty Bucks entering the system while we have them being spent --> eventually no Nasty Bucks left).

Okay....everyone seems to like Bier's idea.

4 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

fcfs after draft for non-rookies for a week.  

fa/ww closes.

starts up again after week 3 of pre-season?

I would like to point out we already have the Waiver Wire implemented before the season starts.  This already handles teams that do not have full rosters or 1st week lineup issues.

just adding a FCFS period before that would create the "run to your computer and be first" issue.

Just opening the Waiver Wire a week or two before the NFL season starts, then having a FCFS period after waivers are processed seems like it would handle the situation.

12 minutes ago, Bigtraine said:

I am not opposed to rolling Nasty Bucks forward from year to year, I kind of like that actually.  But it would have to be a flat amount + rollover given to each owner, not just the rollover amount (otherwise we have no new Nasty Bucks entering the system while we have them being spent --> eventually no Nasty Bucks left).

I like this.   Should be able to do that.

6 minutes ago, Gypsybrat said:

Okay....everyone seems to like Bier's idea.

I would like to point out we already have the Waiver Wire implemented before the season starts.  This already handles teams that do not have full rosters or 1st week lineup issues.

just adding a FCFS period before that would create the "run to your computer and be first" issue.

I was not thinking about the hot prospect, rather just the freedom to notice problems with roster and act when we see it.

Just opening the Waiver Wire a week or two before the NFL season starts, then having a FCFS period after waivers are processed seems like it would handle the situation.

I am not passionate or married to anything with this... just makes sense to have larger windows to pick up/drop players in a dynasty to me.

• Like 1

So when does this non rookie one week window for adds/drops open/close?

Did some Commissioner research.   I cannot separate Rookies from Veterans for a FCFS period.  So it is either done on an honor system or we have to allow both.

47 minutes ago, kutulu said:

So when does this non rookie one week window for adds/drops open/close?

Looks like the popular vote will end up looking like this:

DNDL Draft 2 weeks before 1st preseason game. (lasts one week), then,

FCFS the week before the 1st preseason game. (first Monday following DNDL draft), then,

Waiver Wires first processed 1 week before the first Thursday Night game of the NFL season and will continue throughout the season ending on week 17 kickoff.

Honor system seems fine to me... Just reverse if anyone doesn't adhere.

I hate FCFS in the offseason, news breaks and it is the faster person to their computer who gets the player. Even in a deep league there will be 1-2 guys that will improve in value during the first week of training camp.

Wait... AFTER the rookie fraft.. we'll be able to pick up a rookie free agent prior to the season right?

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

I hate FCFS in the offseason, news breaks and it is the faster person to their computer who gets the player. Even in a deep league there will be 1-2 guys that will improve in value during the first week of training camp.

Yeah...me too.  I dont understand why just having the Waiver Wire a couple weeks before the season starts does not suffice.

1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Also BTW... GREAT JOB getting this sh!t organized and pushed James.... you #1 Son.

thanks!

1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Wait... AFTER the rookie fraft.. we'll be able to pick up a rookie free agent prior to the season right?

right now looks like the majority want a FCFS for a week after the DNDL draft....but Rookies will be excluded, you can only add veterans (which will have to be on the honor system and I sure as hell am not gonna monitor 12 teams every day for the week!)

• Like 1

I thought we all agreed that waivers would run during the DNDL playoffs to avoid whatever happened to the cat team or whoever it was last season? Website says no.

Obviously I'd have addressed it before now, but I never wanted to make a waiver move during the playoffs before the playoffs.