Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

MAN o MAN o MAN

Earl Thomas - Good luck to you. Best wishes to your family. I hope you have a happy back 9 of your career with the Ravens. But, don't ever step foot in Seattle again!

Sherman, come back and visit. Kam, you'll always be one of us. You don't even have to ask to swing on by. Earl; My last word ever spoken about you is. SCREW YOU!

He was flipping off Pete Caroll, who is a below average coach. He is screwing up a great qb and he should have won another sb. He has been handed a great team and squandered it. Possessing Russell Wilson who makes miraculous throws, and the pass game is the lowest volume in the league, so that they can pound Chris Carson 20 something times a game is just plain stupid. 

Thomas saw through that crap. I give the players credit for not bashing coaches more often. There are a lot of poor decisions by coaches who get paid millions to be sub par or even suck at their jobs. 

17 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He was flipping off Pete Caroll, who is a below average coach. He is screwing up a great qb and he should have won another sb. He has been handed a great team and squandered it. Possessing Russell Wilson who makes miraculous throws, and the pass game is the lowest volume in the league, so that they can pound Chris Carson 20 something times a game is just plain stupid. 

Thomas saw through that crap. I give the players credit for not bashing coaches more often. There are a lot of poor decisions by coaches who get paid millions to be sub par or even suck at their jobs. 

Deep in my heart, I know you're right. I just never saw Earl as THAT guy. 

Sherman, Bennett, Lynch. Guys like that, I suppose I'd expect something. Just thought Earl was different that is all. And now to here him say F Carroll and the Seahawks 8 months later. It's very disappointing.

I dunno, I thought Carroll was a pretty good coach.

considering the Aging Defense had to be completely retooled, he turned things around there pretty quickly.   Faster than I would have expected... thats for sure.

so to that end I dont think I'd accept your position that he is a below average coach.

Dude has a superbowl ring, and almost got a second one.

There are a lot of coaches who dont make it beyond the first round of the playoffs.   So I'd say he has to be doing something right.

I'm not a huge fan of Caroll, but I do respect what he has done over the course of his coaching career. 

10 hours ago, Kopy said:

Deep in my heart, I know you're right. I just never saw Earl as THAT guy. 

Sherman, Bennett, Lynch. Guys like that, I suppose I'd expect something. Just thought Earl was different that is all. And now to still here him say F Carroll and the Seahawks 8 months later. It's very disappointing.

I think last season was Carroll’s best nfl coaching job. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think last season was Carroll’s best nfl coaching job. 

Which should show how bad he is. If a team possesses one of the top 5 qbs in the league, and they attempt the least amount of passes out of any team, that coach is completely out of touch and should be fired.

People really think Caroll is a good HC??? That's really laughable.

Yeap the best job he’s done in the nfl. 

I thought the coaches job was coaching there team to wins, they did go 10-6 plus a playoff spot. 

I didn’t know they where judged on how often their team passes the ball. 

Those coaches in the past when they threw the ball so little where just awful. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yeap the best job he’s done in the nfl. 

I thought the coaches job was coaching there team to wins, they did go 10-6 plus a playoff spot. 

I didn’t know they where judged on how often their team passes the ball. 

Those coaches in the past when they threw the ball so little where just awful. 

They didn't make it out of the first round. With a great qb, and an experienced coach, I would expect better. Just like Rodgers only winning one Super Bowl, that's a dissapoinment. So you think Mike Mccarthy is a great coach with this logic then. I can't help it if you can't look past Ws in the regular season. 

When did this discussion turn from, I said I think Carroll did his best coaching job last season, to who’s a great coach. 

All I said was last season I think was his best coaching job, they did make the playoffs. 

And then once again you want to twist it into something else, why? 

Now you said you expected better from the Seahawks based on Wilson being a great Qb, will I’m sorry to inform you but many of great qbs don’t always make it pass the first round. It has happen many times in the past. 

So let’s go back to the first post I made, I think last season was Pete Carroll best work in the nfl. 

This discussion as now been terminated. 

Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, weepaws said:

When did this discussion turn from, I said I think Carroll did his best coaching job last season, to who’s a great coach. 

All I said was last season I think was his best coaching job, they did make the playoffs. 

And then once again you want to twist it into something else, why? 

Now you said you expected better from the Seahawks based on Wilson being a great Qb, will I’m sorry to inform you but many of great qbs don’t always make it pass the first round. It has happen many times in the past. 

So let’s go back to the first post I made, I think last season was Pete Carroll best work in the nfl. 

This discussion as now been terminated. 

Thanks. 

Because Carol just isn't that good of a coach. He allowed his team to be eliminated way too early again. I don't get why people can't parse different reasons for success. Might as well say Trent Dilfer had a great season the year the Ravens won their first super bowl. But that's what separates the people who are good at this stuff. Being able to look past the surface numbers and realize what factors contributed to success, and what factors didn't. 

My thoughts on his coaching is. He's an adequate head coach. Give him a good QB and he'll win. Give him a bad one and he'll lose. That's how i view most coaches though.

However, for a specific position. He's top of the line as a secondary coach. I don't believe they come any better than him. Which is why as a Seattle fan, I never question any of his secondary personnel moves. He's forgotten more than even a half way decent coach will ever know.

He never should have let Darrell Bevell run that offense. And he DEFINITELY fired him, YEARS to late!

That's just between me and my therapist though. Not between me and you guys.

I know that if my team possessed a genuinely great qb, I would be livid that they game planned for him to not only throw fewer passes than he should, but be dead last in the league in pass attempts. That's bad coaching, plain and simple. 

On 7/27/2019 at 8:12 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Which should show how bad he is. If a team possesses one of the top 5 qbs in the league, and they attempt the least amount of passes out of any team, that coach is completely out of touch and should be fired.

People really think Caroll is a good HC??? That's really laughable.

Well, I do not consider Russell Wilson to be one of the top 5 QB's but he is very good.

That being said,  at the start of the year, I predicted the Seahawks would be lucky to finish at 8-8.   (I think my actual prediction was 7-9)

They finished 10-6.

To me, he did a fantastic job with the team he had to work with. 

I'd say he was good to a point where he was definitely a coach of the year candidate.

I dont love the guy, but when something like this happens, Its hard not to respect what he has accomplished.

and I am not even taking into account his one superbowl win and almost winning a second one.

Hes arrogant, rough around the edges, and not very likable but he sure seems to get the job done.

regardless of my feelings about the guy,  I cannot call him a below average coach.   He's good at what he does.  

If you call him a jerk, I'll back you on that.   but I cannot back the statement saying he is a below average coach because I do not think that he is.

Qb I would want this year to lead my NFL team in order

Brady

Wilson

Mahomes

Rodgers

Brees

I don't see how Wilson isn't a top 5 qb even if you didn't agree with 2