Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Michael Thomas holdout.

Does anyone honor their contracts anymore? And the dude wants 20M a year. Nothing like a receiver wanting QB money.  Next up: Kamara.

"The New Orleans Saints will begin training camp without the services of one of their best players. According to multiple reports, wide receiver Michael Thomas will not report to camp on time as he attempts to leverage his way into a contract extension."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/michael-thomas-will-reportedly-hold-out-of-camp-in-attempt-to-become-nfls-first-20m-per-year-receiver/amp/

Like mr Bell last season, stay out and get paid next season. 

These players don’t really care about the game like they use to say, nor the fans like they still do say, it’s a job today. 

Dont blame them, it’s a tough job. 

1 hour ago, Pinesprings said:

He gawwwwt paid. 

I like how the Saints are thinking. He is their guy at receiver. They have their RB and QB. They put effort into their oline and defense over the past year. 100 mil for 5 years. No drama. They just figure it out. Good for them.

69 million guaranteed?! Bye bye motivation. Why even bother getting up in the morning anymore? 

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

69 million guaranteed?! Bye bye motivation. Why even bother getting up in the morning anymore? 

Because he is a monster and he wants to keep showing off as well as winning. Write him off all you like. I have under contract for 1 more year. And I'm glad for it.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:59 AM, tanatastic said:

Could be wrong, but my impression is WRs don’t tend to give up after being paid like RBs do. They don’t take nearly as much of a beating

You think Thomas wants hear every game he plays where some snotty trash talking corner tells him how they are owning him in that game?