Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Mom isn't doing well...

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I don't think immediate death is the worry. More that she will survive as a shell of herself and a gradual death, which is worse. 

Have they done an EEG yet. Bad results from that equals a long term trach and care facility. Really hope it goes the other way bucs. 

Sorry to hear. I hope for the best. 

2 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Have they done an EEG yet. Bad results from that equals a long term trach and care facility. Really hope it goes the other way bucs. 

I don't know what that is.

I fear it's going to come down to a will to recover situation, and she will give up. 

15 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I don't know what that is.

I fear it's going to come down to a will to recover situation, and she will give up. 

It checks for brain function levels. Clots and cardiac arrest can have substantial hypoxic (low oxygen levels)  consequences to the brain. It may become you and your families decision, not hers. Truly sorry bucs

5 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Ten months of worse than death, is what just ended for my father. His funeral was Wednesday. I stayed with him and mom the whole time. 

I am at your service if you want to speak about hospitals and other complications. 

Damn bro.  Bad deal.  I miss my dad so much.  Been 3 years.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

It checks for brain function levels. Clots and cardiac arrest can have substantial hypoxic (low oxygen levels)  consequences to the brain. It may become you and your families decision, not hers. Truly sorry bucs

From what I understand her brain function is fine. Shes not in a coma, they are giving her the stuff that killed Michael Jackson to keep her asleep so she will heal better they say. From what they say, she would wake up almost immediately if they stop giving it to her. They said going into d fib is fairly common after this type of surgery. Their biggest concern is that she is not absorbing oxygen well. 

35 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Have you brought your wife to the US before?  How does she like it?

No, it's her first time. She likes it. Says everything is so easy here. Said the food is all fantastic. Is amazed by all the nice grass. Of course, she's only seen Manhattan and the very ritziest suburbs of Memphis, so she had a bit of a rosy view. She did see some ghetto on the way from the airport, but it didn't phase her, it's far nicer than where she grew up, albeit more violent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

From what I understand her brain function is fine. Shes not in a coma, they are giving her the stuff that killed Michael Jackson to keep her asleep so she will heal better they say. From what they say, she would wake up almost immediately if they stop giving it to her. They said going into d fib is fairly common after this type of surgery. Their biggest concern is that she is not absorbing oxygen well. 

That's actually good news Bucs . Some folks take longer to recover post op than others due to pre op situation and health otherwise. I would do a short term trach if the prognosis was good. Hell of alot to deal with man. Stay strong bucs  

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

No, it's her first time. She likes it. Says everything is so easy here. Said the food is all fantastic. Is amazed by all the nice grass. Of course, she's only seen Manhattan and the very ritziest suburbs of Memphis, so she had a bit of a rosy view. She did see some ghetto on the way from the airport, but it didn't phase her, it's far nicer than where she grew up, albeit more violent. 

Been through Memphis ghettos and other sh!tholes.  Memphis can hold their own when it comes to sh!tholes for sure.

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Been through Memphis ghettos and other sh!tholes.  Memphis can hold their own when it comes to sh!tholes for sure.

Oh yes. American ghettos for sure. 

Asian ghettos are worse. Manila, for example, has a shanty town... Three stories deep. Shanties built on top of other shanties.

My wife literally grew up in a bamboo chicken coop with ten siblings on the side of a mountain bathing and doing laundry in a river, and was always hungry. Was valedictorian in high school and college and got her ass the fock out. So the plight of the American poor doesn't impress her much.

19 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

That's actually good news Bucs . Some folks take longer to recover post op than others due to pre op situation and health otherwise. I would do a short term trach if the prognosis was good. Hell of alot to deal with man. Stay strong bucs  

Hey man, I'm sure you know your stuff, but I think we better wait on Digby to weigh in. No offense. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hey man, I'm sure you know your stuff, but I think we better wait on Digby to weigh in. No offense. 

My bad. You're right. 

14 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh yes. American ghettos for sure. 

Asian ghettos are worse. Manila, for example, has a shanty town... Three stories deep. Shanties built on top of other shanties.

My wife literally grew up in a bamboo chicken coop with ten siblings on the side of a mountain bathing and doing laundry in a river, and was always hungry. Was valedictorian in high school and college and got her ass the fock out. So the plight of the American poor doesn't impress her much.

Hmmmm....so poverty doesnt pre-dispose you to violence and crime?  Interesting.  Even if you stack them on top of each other.

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Hmmmm....so poverty doesnt pre-dispose you to violence and crime?  Interesting.  Even if you stack them on top of each other.

Oh, Manila is a rough town. Especially if you are white (aka a walking atm machine). Friend of mine got robbed twice in one day there.

Shes from the bfe countryside though. No violence there. 

When we were on the interstate in Memphis, I was amazed how many cops there were. My brother tells me the latest craze in Memphis is random drive by shootings on the interstate. Some sort of gang thing. 29 shootings on the interstate so far this year. Focked up right? 

Someone could make money bullet proofing cars for rich folk round here. 

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Of course it does, it breeds it not matter were it is. Outlier stories are great for movies though

So we got summoned at 3am. She was bleeding out. They just told us she probably isn't going to make it. I'm sitting on the curb losing it right now.

Focking A. I can't believe I'll never talk to her again. Can't believe I wasted the last years we had. 

Right now you likely feel like you are on an island by yourself.  That’s not true.  I don’t know you but I sure am praying for you and your family.

Sorry to hear that, lost my mom about a year and a half ago, sucks, hang in there.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Right now you likely feel like you are on an island by yourself.  That’s not true.  

You have a bunch of nameless faceless, trolls who have your back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I can't believe I'll never talk to her again. Can't believe I wasted the last years we had. 

You love her and she loves you. 

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

This

So sorry for you and your family. Stay strong brother. Wishing you guys the best.

Checking in late. My condolences, TBBOM. ☹️

Very sorry to hear it Titans. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. 

On 7/27/2019 at 8:31 AM, TimmySmith said:

Amen.

Thoughts and prayers.

If you and your wife make it down to Houston, dinner and drinks are on me.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:10 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So we got summoned at 3am. She was bleeding out. They just told us she probably isn't going to make it. I'm sitting on the curb losing it right now.

Focking A. I can't believe I'll never talk to her again. Can't believe I wasted the last years we had. 

So sorry to hear man.  I'm sure there's a ton going through your head.  Hope you and your family get through this as well as you can.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:10 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That's tough to hear man. I can't imagine the position you are in. You seem like a pretty genuine dude, which makes it harder to read things like this. I hope it somehow works out man. 

Sorry man. Hoping for a miracle for you and your family. 

On 7/26/2019 at 10:10 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So id mentioned elsewhere that I came home to a medical emergency last week. 

Well, two days ago, she had open heart surgery to remove the clots. They haven't woken her up from the anesthesia yet, and it appears it is not the plan to do so anytime soon. Last night she had to get the paddles, as her heart went into arrest. They are going to do a tracheotomy on Monday apparently.

Sister has been borderline freaking the whole time. Now dad is starting to really get down. He was being very poisitive up to now, but it's getting harder to do.

Right now we are just taking turns going up there to check in. She's been unconscious for about 48 hours with no end in sight. Even when she does wake up, she's going to be in the hospital for weeks and a recovery of several months it would appear.

Pretty shitty. There's absolutely nothing I can do to help much. I try to babysit and let my sister rest. The wife and I are cleaning the house and keeping the laundry up. But other than that, just useless. 

I told dad I will stay here rather than going back to China in August. Help however I can. Moving her around. Driving her when the time comes. Whatever little I can do. He told me no, that I need to get on with my own life.

But how the hell am I supposed to get on a damn plane when she is in a wheelchair on oxygen, hoping and assuming we even get to that point?

Anyway. Just needed to vent. Thanks. 

Sorry my friend. That's rough. Hope everything goes well.