Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Who are the sleepers this year?

He had a really good season last year, so if he’s healthy I would say Boyd of the Bengals, now that Green is out for atleast 4 plus games. 

He should post even better than last year.  

Watch his stock fly way up. 

Im high on haskins. He has a chip on his shoulder and a crappy qb in front of him. 

Dallas Goeddert. Two years ago when Wentz was near MVP level he was throwing a lot to both TE's. (Ertz, Burton). The Iggles invested a high pick in Goeddert and really like him. He is going to outplay his almost free draft cost by a significant margin.

• Like 1

I think Chubb will diffently be better then his current adp. 

I think Cousins will way out perform his current adp. 

I think T Coleman if he can stay on the field could be a really good late pick up. 

D Samuel Niners wr he will lead the Niners wr in ff points. 

Based on his adp, I think D Lewis will be a steal. 

G Allison for the Packers will be the slot wr, he could be another great late steal. 

Hockensen the rookie te for the Lions, as top ten te written all over him this season. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think Chubb will diffently be better then his current adp. 

I think Cousins will way out perform his current adp. 

I think T Coleman if he can stay on the field could be a really good late pick up. 

D Samuel Niners wr he will lead the Niners wr in ff points. 

Based on his adp, I think D Lewis will be a steal. 

G Allison for the Packers will be the slot wr, he could be another great late steal. 

Hockensen the rookie te for the Lions, as top ten te written all over him this season. 

I know Allison is supposed to assume the slot role previously occupied by Cobb but why value him over MVS?  How do we expect that Lafleur offense to run compared to the old McCarthy?  Based on his Mcvay/Shanahan roots what can we expect from that slot position vs MVS on the outside?  

I'm on the Mark Andrews bandwagon myself. Another TE I really like (although this is more for dynasty, because it doesn't look like it'll be immediate dividends). Is Irv Smith Jr. If you're in a position to get the kid for next to nothing. Take the chance he's worth it.

7 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

I know Allison is supposed to assume the slot role previously occupied by Cobb but why value him over MVS?  How do we expect that Lafleur offense to run compared to the old McCarthy?  Based on his Mcvay/Shanahan roots what can we expect from that slot position vs MVS on the outside?  

I think Allison will be a much better slot wr, then MVS will be on the outside. 

Adams will dominate the outside wr role, but given the Packers lack a te, even with Graham, Allison I think will be a very good friend of Mr Rodgers.  

That being said Allison if he stays healthy might even lead the wr in rec, not in total ff points that will be Adams, but his rec total could be number one as a slot wr for mr Rodgers.  

Im not the biggest MSV fan. 

So take to for what it’s worth. 

7 hours ago, Kopy said:

I'm on the Mark Andrews bandwagon myself. Another TE I really like (although this is more for dynasty, because it doesn't look like it'll be immediate dividends). Is Irv Smith Jr. If you're in a position to get the kid for next to nothing. Take the chance he's worth it.

Like Andrews also, but I’m not sold on his Qb to be able to deliver to him the needed rec to be a good te in ff. 

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

This is interesting, they did take him 8th overall. Rookie Te are pretty awful investment but if he’s cheap the upside could be there.

I do not draft any lions player. Its bad enough to see them fail each week on Sunday. I don't wanna compound the grief. But hey. This year is our year -lions fans since forever. 

• Thanks 1

Hockensens value to the Lions went up with the team letting Riddick go. 

43 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Hockensens value to the Lions went up with the team letting Riddick go. 

I doubt it. They drafted Ty Johnson who has some serious speed and profiles as a third down back. The Lions have enough pass catching running backs to not have to rely on Hockenson any extra

Like I said, I think Hockensens stock with the Lions went up when they released Riddick. 

Not the reason they released him, but without Riddick on the team, I think this rookie te will see a increase of targets just based on that. 

I can see a top ten te ranking or higher for the rookie te. 

Hey thanks. 

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

Like I said, I think Hockensens stock with the Lions went up when they released Riddick. 

Not the reason they released him, but without Riddick on the team, I think this rookie te will see a increase of targets just based on that. 

I can see a top ten te ranking or higher for the rookie te. 

Hey thanks. 

That would be good, the problem is TE is so shallow that a top 10 finish isn’t even great. Jimmy Graham was a couple points from top 10 for example. You really need to be one of the guys with a top 5 or so TE to have him be a difference maker. The people who land those guys as a breakout like Kittle last year for example are the strong teams. 

That’s all good and I agree, but this thread I thought was about who’s a sleeper. 

Predicting a rookie te to finsh in the top ten in ff I think makes for a sleeper pick, I’m not sure how many times a rookie te has done so. 

Sorry to the op if I missed read the heading. 

On 7/28/2019 at 2:50 PM, weepaws said:

He had a really good season last year, so if he’s healthy I would say Boyd of the Bengals, now that Green is out for atleast 4 plus games. 

He should post even better than last year.  

Watch his stock fly way up. 

good call.

ditto for Calvin Ridley I think.   Especially if Julio's injury lingers longer than expected, he may get more action in the first week or two of the season.

Although he was a first round pick who got over 800 yards receiving in his rookie year, so I dont know that he would fully qualify as a sleeper.

From what I can tell Boyd's stock is already beyond sleeper status. As for Hockenson I ask this as a legitimate query, not  as a criticism: Has any Lions TE ever finished in the top 10 while Stafford has been the QB?

I can’t think of a single Lions te that as finshed top ten, and that is the reason why it’s a sleeper pick.  

Stay tune. 

Maurice Harris

Cam sims

Miles Boykin

Josh Oliver

Auden Tate

Jakeem Grant

Devine Ozigbo

Tyler Kroft 

Deon Cain

I don't care how good you are coming out of college, 1st year TE's never do anything in their 1St year as a pro.   there are no exceptions 

33 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

I don't care how good you are coming out of college, 1st year TE's never do anything in their 1St year as a pro.   there are no exceptions 

Yup, No exceptions. Except for two years ago when Evan Engram finished as TE#5 in my .5ppr league his rookie season, with 722yds 6td 64 receptions. Whoops...

1 hour ago, Canadianfan said:

Except for all the exceptions, true. But yes in general they aren’t viable and it’s rare to have one break out.

I already mentioned him in the te thread but Jimmy Graham is a sleeper imo. Hes going after round 10 and has top 6 upside if not better with the REAL packers this season without MM.

Throw out all the “But Rodgers doesn’t usually...” and “But the packers haven’t had a...”, it’s a new regime for them. 

5 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

Makes him a great sleeper pick then huh, I see we agree. 

Thanks. 

On 7/29/2019 at 7:27 PM, kilroy69 said:

I do not draft any lions player. Its bad enough to see them fail each week on Sunday. I don't wanna compound the grief. But hey. This year is our year -lions fans since forever. 

What’s the story on Golladay.....could keep him for peanuts for the next 3 years but have a year left of M Thomas which means Golladay is gone but seems like he has potential to be a 1. 

50 minutes ago, BirdGang said:

What’s the story on Golladay.....could keep him for peanuts for the next 3 years but have a year left of M Thomas which means Golladay is gone but seems like he has potential to be a 1. 

Well. Stafford sucks as a qb. It turns out that the only way he can be a higher level qb is with a hof wr which damn near ANYONE can do.  Once megatron left it exposed him as what he is. Mediocre. 

Surprised to see so many mention Hockenson. When has a rookie TE ever done anything in fantasy? When’s the last time Detroit had a fantasy-relevant TE? 

To me he’s maybe a guy to watch for next year or 2021.

On 8/2/2019 at 11:29 AM, Canadianfan said:

Ditka has 1,000 yards and 12 TDs. This guy reminds everyone of Ditka.

KeeSean Johnson the name says it all.

Whoever takes over as the #2 Wr for Steelers

Damarea Crockett Rb  Texans - I'm sure you all know his name and story.  To be honest I have no clue as to who he is and I'm a Texans fan.  Miller kind of sucks and Foreman is coming back from a Rb career ending altering injury.  Someone needs to step up. He'll most likely get cut tomorrow, but if he makes the team look out.

Miller has avg over 4 yards per rush every season but one, and avg 4:6 per last season. 

Hes not a stud, but he can get the job done. 

Moving Foreman is a blessing, it helps me rank Miller.  

Hes going to be a 1000 plus rusher with the Texans once again. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Miller has avg over 4 yards per rush every season but one, and avg 4:6 per last season. 

He averaged over 4 yards per rush except for one year, in which he rushed for a ration of 4 yards per 6 carries? Not sure what 4:6 is supposed to mean here

On 8/2/2019 at 1:03 PM, jrokh said:

Yup, No exceptions. Except for two years ago when Evan Engram finished as TE#5 in my .5ppr league his rookie season, with 722yds 6td 64 receptions. Whoops...

alright I shouldn't have said no exceptions......but a rookie TE, even if drafted in the 1st round, rarely produces.  Teams have them focusing on blocking before getting them heavily involved in the passing game. 

Engram benefited from Beckham getting injured and the giants terrible season.  They trailed every game and there was tons of garbage yards.  year two he regressed.

1 hour ago, Canadianfan said:

Engram benefited from Beckham getting injured and the giants terrible season.   year two he regressed.

No, he didn’t. He got hurt and missed 5 games. He would have had even better numbers than his rookie season had he played.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

No, he didn’t. He got hurt and missed 5 games. He would have had even better numbers than his rookie season had he played.

Maybe he was comparing him to Canadian Football players? Either way our friend north of the border has 2 strikes now on this point, will he go for 3 I wonder...

On 8/4/2019 at 10:40 AM, weepaws said:

Miller is not a every down Rb.  He can not carry the full load for a full year with out wearing down. 

Mmm really.  

You know Miller was 12 in rushing att last season, he avg 15 rushes per game. 

Also in the games in which he had his most rush att, wk 1 he avg 4.9 per rush on 20 atts. 

He also avg 4.5 per rush week 7 when he had 22 att. 

Wk 11 he had 20 rush att and avg 4.3. 

And wk 13 he had 19 att and avg 5.4. 

Those four games he avg 20 att for a 4.7 avg. 

If he was to receive the ball more I think he could do more. 

Hes easlya rb2 going into this season, so if your in need of a rb2, not pass on him later in the draft. 

He could be a great bargain.