Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Who are the sleepers this year?

Recommended Posts

On 8/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, tanatastic said:

No, he didn’t. He got hurt and missed 5 games. He would have had even better numbers than his rookie season had he played.

ummmm, thats called regression.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

ummmm, thats called regression.   

No, it’s not. Regression is when a guy plays worse. (Dictionary: A return to a former, lesser state.) He did not play worse, he got injured, it happens. He was on pace to eclipse his rookie numbers. 
 

Yes, on the stat sheet he had worse end of year numbers....due to missing games. If you call that regression, that’s wrong. You can’t hold that against a guy as a player and as a potential commodity when he’s on the field as he’s kept his level of play per game the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

No, it’s not. Regression is when a guy plays worse. He did not play worse, he got injured, it happens. He was on pace to eclipse his rookie numbers. 
 

Yes, on the stat sheet he had worse numbers....due to missing games. If you call that regression, that’s fine, it’s your life. But you can’t hold that against a guy as a player and as a potential commodity when he’s in the field as he’s kept his level of play per game the same.

we're starting to sidetrack here.  this is not life, its just fantasy football chat.....didn"t think we'd be discussing the meaning of regression and the impact it has on my life...

 

I was just saying, IMO, TE's in their 1st year are hard to pick in fantasy football.  in a deep league, sure,  take a flyer on one.  But you'll miss more often than you'll hit

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pointing out you don't understand a word you used isn't sidetracking it's sort of an important part of the diatribe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im in a 2qb league. I am taking jacoby brissett for sure. Lucks arm is gonna fall off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm keeping an eye on Jalen Hurd for a late round flyer,kid looks to be able to do it all just have to see how his game is on the NFL level.I also love the idea that Shanahan is his coach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nzoner said:

I'm keeping an eye on Jalen Hurd for a late round flyer,kid looks to be able to do it all just have to see how his game is on the NFL level.I also love the idea that Shanahan is his coach.

 

College RB who converted to WR late in his college career. This kid is huge and an athletic freak. I'll be watching if he flashes during preseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dante Pettis maybe.  He's the 49ers number 1 WR or #2 pass catcher after Kittle anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D Samuel. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

College RB who converted to WR late in his college career. This kid is huge and an athletic freak. I'll be watching if he flashes during preseason. 

NBC Sports' Matt Maiocco reports rookie receivers Deebo Samuel and Jalen Hurd "have shown the kind of aggressive mentalities that coach Kyle Shanahan wants to see."

The rookies are reportedly impressing this offseason, while projected No. 1 receiver Dante Pettis "has yet to consistently step up his game on the practice field." It's worth noting and monitoring, but it would be a surprise to see either rookie surpass Pettis as the top receiver on the Niners. Samuel is projected to be the No. 2 while Hurd operates as a gadget, do-all player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, weepaws said:

I think Allison will be a much better slot wr, then MVS will be on the outside. 

Adams will dominate the outside wr role, but given the Packers lack a te, even with Graham, Allison I think will be a very good friend of Mr Rodgers.  

That being said Allison if he stays healthy might even lead the wr in rec, not in total ff points that will be Adams, but his rec total could be number one as a slot wr for mr Rodgers.  

Im not the biggest MSV fan. 

So take to for what it’s worth. 

I like it 🤝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be time to strongly consider Jakobi Meyers. Undrafted WR out of NC State who has been lighting it up in Patriots camp. Caught two TD's last night (6 rec for 69 yards) against the Lions. Came into college as a QB and converted. Last season he had 92 receptions for 1k+ yards and 4 TD's. Has great hands and should fit in great with Brady's style of play if he earns his trust. There isn't exactly a logjam of WR talent for him to get through in NE at the moment either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

It may be time to strongly consider Jakobi Meyers. Undrafted WR out of NC State who has been lighting it up in Patriots camp. Caught two TD's last night (6 rec for 69 yards) against the Lions. Came into college as a QB and converted. Last season he had 92 receptions for 1k+ yards and 4 TD's. Has great hands and should fit in great with Brady's style of play if he earns his trust. There isn't exactly a logjam of WR talent for him to get through in NE at the moment either. 

Broke Tory Holt’s records at NC State

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 10:35 AM, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

College RB who converted to WR late in his college career. This kid is huge and an athletic freak. I'll be watching if he flashes during preseason. 

2 td's tonight

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Reid has himself a fast new toy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am gonna draft both hurd and hardman. Hill is a focking basketcase. If he gets in trouble they can't turn to slammy watkins and this dude could pay huge dividends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

I am gonna draft both hurd and hardman. Hill is a focking basketcase. If he gets in trouble they can't turn to slammy watkins and this dude could pay huge dividends. 

Good read on Hurd if you're interested

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nzoner said:

2 td's tonight

 

 

On a related note, starting slot WR Trent Taylor was injured and while he may be back by Week 1 this increases even more starters reps for Hurd out of the slot in practice and preseason. At his size he would be a nightmare to defend out of the slot and you know Shanahan will find all sorts of ways to use his new weapon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samuel two rec sixty one yards, he’s the wr to own from the Niners.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two WR sleepers: 1) Cody Latimer- Contingent on Golden Tate being suspended 4 games. Tate is unlikely to win his appeal and Latimer has size, speed, and has been connecting with Eli all training camp long. Barkley, Shepherd, and Engram will draw all the attention, leaving Latimer in single coverage. If you can grab him at the end of the draft you could have a nice flex for a full month, plus Giants early schedule is weak. 2) Rashard Higgins- Antonio Callaway is suspended which leaves Higgins as the beneficiary of being the 3rd WR in a potentially explosive offense. He has been tearing it up in camp and the first pre-season game. like Latimer, all the attention will be paid to his teammates, and Baker loves him, draft late and enjoy... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jrokh said:

I have two WR sleepers: 1) Cody Latimer- Contingent on Golden Tate being suspended 4 games. Tate is unlikely to win his appeal and Latimer has size, speed, and has been connecting with Eli all training camp long. Barkley, Shepherd, and Engram will draw all the attention, leaving Latimer in single coverage. If you can grab him at the end of the draft you could have a nice flex for a full month, plus Giants early schedule is weak. 2) Rashard Higgins- Antonio Callaway is suspended which leaves Higgins as the beneficiary of being the 3rd WR in a potentially explosive offense. He has been tearing it up in camp and the first pre-season game. like Latimer, all the attention will be paid to his teammates, and Baker loves him, draft late and enjoy... 

Not a lattimer guy but good call on Higgins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Kyler Murray is a sleeper and have an outside chance of being the number 1 fantasy scoring player this season.

4,500 yards passing, 38 passing TD

800 yards rushing, 8 Rushing TD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Think Kyler Murray is a sleeper and have an outside chance of being the number 1 fantasy scoring player this season.

4,500 yards passing, 38 passing TD

800 yards rushing, 8 Rushing TD

lol.  Thats funny.    but I do agree on those rushing stats.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Think Kyler Murray is a sleeper and have an outside chance of being the number 1 fantasy scoring player this season.

4,500 yards passing, 38 passing TD

800 yards rushing, 8 Rushing TD

You think he is going to do just less in his first year than mahomes did in his second after he sat for a year behind alex smith?  Mahomes gives a ton of credit to smith. So does his dad. Apparently smith was basically a QB coach for him for a year. We all see the final product in mahomes.  But would he have been that good his first year starting without that apprenticeship under a smart qb? 

I will try to land him but I am in a 2qb league which skews where they are taken. He could LITERALLY go anywhere between rounds 1 and 4 and I cant pay that for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, i think he'll do a tad less than Mahomes in his first year.  😃

I don't think the NFL will be ready for what's coming with the Kingsbury AirRaid offense.  Teams struggle with some of the basic AirRaid offense over the years.  Good examples are NE and KC.  Kingsbury will bring the full arsenal and he'll be running it with a guy that operated to perfection in OU.   This is an offense that will be throwing 65-70% of the time and will probably be playing catch up all season.   I think 280 yards passing avg per week is the floor for Murray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you have no problem with the fact he is a virtual midget in the nfl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

And you have no problem with the fact he is a virtual midget in the nfl?

Not at all. I don't see his height hindering him with his ability to move and find good pass lanes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

And you have no problem with the fact he is a virtual midget in the nfl?

I would if he was lean...but he's build like a small truck.

He's got a quick release with juice...incredibly accurate.  I've been doing a lot of studying over the past few weeks on him.  He's an incredible talent.

I think he should be 4th on the ranking behind Mahomes, Watson and Luck.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Think Kyler Murray is a sleeper and have an outside chance of being the number 1 fantasy scoring player this season.

4,500 yards passing, 38 passing TD

800 yards rushing, 8 Rushing TD

Bold prediction. I like it :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 8:19 AM, weepaws said:

Mmm really.  

You know Miller was 12 in rushing att last season, he avg 15 rushes per game. 

Also in the games in which he had his most rush att, wk 1 he avg 4.9 per rush on 20 atts. 

He also avg 4.5 per rush week 7 when he had 22 att. 

Wk 11 he had 20 rush att and avg 4.3. 

And wk 13 he had 19 att and avg 5.4. 

Those four games he avg 20 att for a 4.7 avg. 

If he was to receive the ball more I think he could do more. 

Hes easlya rb2 going into this season, so if your in need of a rb2, not pass on him later in the draft. 

He could be a great bargain. 

 

I'd agree.   If you draft this guy as your #1 you will be disappointed, but he makes a very solid #2 RB.

Hes not spectacular, but he's remarkably consistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Samuel that I have my eye plays for the Panthers.   I'm glad that nobody is talking about him.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not trying to hype K. Murray but i've been trying to find out how fast Murray is since he never ran the 40 in the combine.  Rumor he ran a 4.3 unofficial time when he was 19 years old.  THAT IS SCARY FAST, now add in the quickness and i think FFToday's projected 600 yard rushing total is wayyyy too low.

https://raisingzona.com/2019/05/20/arizona-cardinals-kyler-murrays-perceived-40-yard-dash-time-scary-fast/

Now let's see some of his runs in college.  In 04 second of video below, take a look at what he did to the safety. That's amazing quickness and speed.  That's Bo Jackson in Tecmo bowl.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maulers1973 said:

The Samuel that I have my eye plays for the Panthers.   I'm glad that nobody is talking about him.    

You blew it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although a lot of talent there, I am gonna have to take a hard pass on the SF skill players this year (except maybe Gould or Jimmy G late).

There are just too many mouths to feed. Pettis, Samuel, Goodwin, Hurd, and Kittle...with the latter being so overpriced it's scary. They also have 3 talented RB's  in McKinnon, Breida, and Coleman. Should be a fun team to watch, but a potential nightmare from a FF perspective.

Also agree that C. Samuel is the correct Samuel to target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×