Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Aside from "Game of Thrones"..... ( CLICKBAIT )

Which I will probably never watch, what other series in the last 5 years is a "must see"?

I've already watched ALL of "Ozark" & "Stranger Things" and I'm currently in the middle of "Breaking Bad".

what should I watch next? 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Sons of Anarchy

is it on NETFLIX?

By the way.....On a scale of 1-10 I give....

Ozark = 9

Stranger Things = 

Breaking Bad = 8 (so far)

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Im not sure what I watched it on, must have been at some point, cause I dont have cable, and I doubt it was on Amazon Prime

thanks, I'll check it out when done with BB

I heard that ChernobylWestwood and Deadwood (HBO) was pretty good.  The 100 is a fun enough show to binge, but it's not on par with the things you're listing.  I enjoyed Sabrina on Netflix.  Not five years, but LOST is always a winner if you've never seen it.  Orange is the New Black?  Final season just came out.  The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking DeadThe Good Place was pretty funny.  Ever watch DexterTrue Detective?  How about The Man in the High Castle?

12 Monkeys (the TV series) (2015-2018) was OK.  4 seasons long.  They wrapped everything up at the end.

It may be outside your 5 year window, but the Sarah Connor Chronicles was good.  It ran for 2 seasons but there's like 40 episodes?  I like the character arcs.  They actually fleshed out John Connor and gave him an actual character arc that fits.  Its my favorite version of John Connor because of that.  Would have loved to see where they went with it.  They even gave a terminator a good character arc (that was eventually stolen by a later movie and done in an inferior fashion).

Game of Thrones was a worthwhile watch up until the final season.

Breaking Bad would be my second choice.

I lost interest in Stranger Things and Orange is the New Black.

Dexter was good until it got ridiculous, imo. I stopped watching.

I'm currently watching Pose. It's on the second season. Most guys here wouldn't be interested or at least admit to liking it.

Going to reiterate some already stated but:

• Deadwood was great... no ending as they cancelled it after 1 season really but the movie provides that.
  • Westwood is awesome although it's still ongoing to you'd have to wait for S3.
  • Peaky Blinders is maybe my favorite series ever.  Definitely top 3.
  • I doubt you'd like The Wire but it was also amazing after the first 6 or so episodes.  Tons of characters to introduce makes the first 6 episodes rough to watch the first time.
  • True Detective season 1 was maybe the best single season of any show.  Season 2 you can skip altogether (each season is a new story).  And season 3 was good but not as good as 1.

9 minutes ago, Kanil said:

• Deadwood was great... no ending as they cancelled it after 1 season really but the movie provides that.

Deadwood was 3 seasons and definitely one of the best things ever on tv.  :thumbsup:

The movie sucked :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

Deadwood was 3 seasons and definitely one of the best things ever on tv.  :thumbsup:

Was it 3?  I need to rewatch… it's been so long I can't even remember half the story.

11 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Was it 3?  I need to rewatch… it's been so long I can't even remember half the story.

Yeah. I have the box set. Prolly watch it once or twice a year. 

It had much too short of a run. Milch needed another 2 or 3 seasons, minimum. Trying to tie up all the loose ends in a 2 hour movie just didn't work.

25 minutes ago, Kanil said:

• True Detective season 1 was maybe the best single season of any show. 

I concur. The ending could have been better, but all in all I give 9.5 out of 10

I would say "The Night of" was an incredible show as well.

21 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Movie was horrific. did not like. The TV show was top notch. Can't believe how many people liked the movie 👎🏿

Burn Notice was one of my favs. That prolly ended 5 years or so ago.

The Americans on Amazon Prime...

Been off a while, but Monk is good...

Battlestar Galactica reboot...

Babylon 5...

How could I forget Narcos?  I concur, it was great.  Still need to watch Narcos: Mexico

19 hours ago, DonS said:

Peaky Focking Blinders 

A few hours ago I was sitting at a brewery in Vancouver, WA on way to Portland to see a concert w my son.  Having beers with a friend and I reminded him to start watching Peaky Blinders.  Ironically enough right after saying that the theme song came on the sound system there.  Red Right Hand.  :doublethumbsup:

Not must see but I think a lot of geeks would like Bad Blood on Netflix. Stars the guy who played Tig on SoA and is loosely based on the Mafia in Canada. Two seasons so far and I saw just renewed for a 3rd. Six or eight episodes per season

9 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Not must see but I think a lot of geeks would like Bad Blood on Netflix. Stars the guy who played Tig on SoA and is loosely based on the Mafia in Canada. Two seasons so far and I saw just renewed for a 3rd. Six or eight episodes per season

Does Tig still like the trannies? 

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

Does Tig still like the trannies? 

It's not a spin-off

9 minutes ago, kutulu said:

It's not a spin-off

I was joking, eh. 

10 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Yeah. I have the box set. Prolly watch it once or twice a year. 

I can only watch sitcom reruns. I have never wanted to rewatch any series. I will watch alot of movies over and over though. I'm weird I guess :dunno:

19 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Yellowstone with Kevin Costner

Pretty good? Been thinking about checking that one out, it's got Kelly Reilly in it too. Always been a fan of hers :wub:

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 7:53 PM, Big Guy said:

Which I will probably never watch, what other series in the last 5 years is a "must see"?

I've already watched ALL of "Ozark" & "Stranger Things" and I'm currently in the middle of "Breaking Bad".

what should I watch next? 

16 hours ago, kutulu said:

Is there a cop named Dudley? What does the Canadian Mafia do? Steal Niagara Falls? Hunt moose out of season? Drink wine without cheese? 

54 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Pretty good? Been thinking about checking that one out, it's got Kelly Reilly in it too. Always been a fan of hers :wub:

Yeah. IMO she's got a great bod (and shows it off) with a butter face (meh).

There's some other chicks better looking in it as well. 

22 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I can only watch sitcom reruns. I have never wanted to rewatch any series. I will watch alot of movies over and over though. I'm weird I guess :dunno:

Im not good at rewatching things. I usually just give a show or movie a once through

23 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I could watch episodes of Deadwood every day. I :lol:at that sh!t all the time. 

On 7/29/2019 at 12:35 PM, Filthy Fernadez said:

Yellowstone with Kevin Costner

:thumbsup:

All American is pretty good....... Kinda like Friday Night Lights meets Boyz in the Hood.

NFL network plays the last Cowboys super bowl once in a while. It's not HD and there are no players still playing, but Jerry Jones is still there. Check it out!