IGotWorms

Is it time to get out of the market?

Time for Cramu. Yesterday he was screaming buy buy buy. He's such a total moron.

19 hours ago, lod001 said:

How about now?

No.  Still no sign of recession.  The LAST thing that happens in a recession is a stock market drop.  That's where a lot of people are going wrong. 

12 hours ago, lod001 said:

Time for Cramu. Yesterday he was screaming buy buy buy. He's such a total moron.

Cramer is correct. 

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Cramer is correct. 

I may start buying when the S&p hits 2500.

2 hours ago, riversco said:

No.  Still no sign of recession.  The LAST thing that happens in a recession is a stock market drop.  That's where a lot of people are going wrong. 

Inverted 10/2 yield curve is one hell of a recession predictor. 

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

I may start buying when the S&p hits 2500.

Good idea.  What’s your our sell point then?  I say within 18 months a recession is likely.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Historically yes.  However, the 10 year has been artificially pushed lower due to all the QE's and now other countries are searching for yield as 34% of them are negative yielding.  I don't see a recession any time soon.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Good idea.  What’s your our sell point then?  I say within 18 months a recession is likely.

"A recession in the next 1.5 years" is unhelpful.  The market could go on a massive rally between then and now.  Usually the tail end of a boom features the biggest gains, too.

3 hours ago, riversco said:

"A recession in the next 1.5 years" is unhelpful.  The market could go on a massive rally between then and now.  Usually the tail end of a boom features the biggest gains, too.

Ok, a recession will take place in 18 months.  Until then, what you do is up to you.  I’m still adding btw.

9 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Once I get in, the worst will be over and I will ride it to S&P 4000, which should happen by 2022-2023. If I get in before the recession is full on, it's simple to scalp a percentage or 2.

On 8/15/2019 at 11:23 AM, riversco said:

There will be a recession in the next 50 years. Lucky for us the Gordon Geckos in this thread know when to pull all your money out and when to put it back in. They catch falling knives everyday.

On 8/15/2019 at 5:55 AM, Alias Detective said:

It is one of six indicators the other 5 do not point to recession.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:41 AM, Baker Boy said:

Buy Disney!

Why?

Because the price dropped due to the whistleblower or because of the upcoming streaming?

56 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

as retail gets pounded, Target going nuts today 

How is retail being pounded? They are all up.  :dunno:

13 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Last week places like Macy's got hammered

In a bull of all bull markets Macy's has been getting hammered all along.  Department stores are pretty much dead.

Do yourself a favor and get into Best Buy, Costco, Walmart, Amazon.  The tariffs coming in December is going to make the Chinese send boatloads of electronics this way.  Dirt cheap prices will equal money and stock prices through the roof. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Why?

Because the price dropped due to the whistleblower or because of the upcoming streaming?

the streaming industry look into it.

12 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Can the MSM really talk America into a recession? After reading this thread I would say yes!

I do think, that say, CNN tries to influence the market. I've said it for years.  Back at end of 2008, CNN would post giant letters "FEAR THE DOW" and just idiot stuff like that.  So many of their headlines, it was like they were trying to inject fear into the population.   

Lately, it seems they've been really heavy on "Signs show recession is near" and "Market flashes signs of recession"

Maybe its just reporting, but I've grown used to CNN having an agenda, and not reporting.

2 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I do think, that say, CNN tries to influence the market. I've said it for years.  Back at end of 2008, CNN would post giant letters "FEAR THE DOW" and just idiot stuff like that.  So many of their headlines, it was like they were trying to inject fear into the population.   

Lately, it seems they've been really heavy on "Signs show recession is near" and "Market flashes signs of recession"

Maybe its just reporting, but I've grown used to CNN having an agenda, and not reporting.

CNN and the MSM told us the market would crash if Trump were elected yet we have a board full of people that are taking economic advice from them.

27 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Can the MSM really talk America into a recession? After reading this thread I would say yes!

Sad isn't.

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

the streaming industry look into it.

How many shares did you buy or do you think is worth buying?

12 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

:lol: Board libs would turn America into San Francisco this go around and be none to happy with that decision in the real near future when it hits their pocket book, neighborhood and schools. 

20 hours ago, peenie said:

How many shares did you buy or do you think is worth buying?

I’ve owned Disney since January, I believe they are set up to become a leader in the streaming industry. If you are thinking of buying do your own research and if you agree you will know what to do. 

I have also bought some marijuana stocks, I think there is a long term opportunity there.

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2019 at 11:04 AM, Baker Boy said:

CNN and the MSM told us the market would crash if Trump were elected yet we have a board full of people that are taking economic advice from them.

And that moron Krugman. Lol

5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I’ve owned Disney since January, I believe they are set up to become a leader in the streaming industry. If you are thinking of buying do your own research and if you agree you will know what to do. 

I have also bought some marijuana stocks, I think there is a long term opportunity there.

I bought in March. I think the easy money has been made.

27 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I bought in March. I think the easy money has been made.

Correct but I am looking long term even though the dividend is under 1.5%.

Way more money to be made in the crypto market, the traditional market is boring and rigged. My Carvana recommendation is doing well though, $15ish when I recommended it here in 2017, it’s well over $70 now. But other than that I stay away from the traditional market, 1% gains are boring. 

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

I bought some Disney stocks, thank you for the rec!

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Way more money to be made in the crypto market

It's really hard to keep up with all that is going on with that market. However, I have a friend that has made over 10K in it so far.

My two cents: People are desentisized at this point with all the giant fluctuations. When it starts to really go down a lot of us will be caught flat footed.