IGotWorms

Is it time to get out of the market?

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My two cents: People are desentisized at this point with all the giant fluctuations. When it starts to really go down a lot of us will be caught flat footed. 

If you are in for the long term it doesn’t matter because the market always recovers. The critical thing is buying at the right price.

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

If you are in for the long term it doesn’t matter because the market always recovers. The critical thing is buying at the right price.

I know. It's still not a great feeling to see your money take a beating. People do panic. 

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell announced on Friday that he does not expect the U.S. economy to enter a recession anytime soon.

"We’re not forecasting or expecting a recession," Powell said. "The most likely outlook is still moderate growth, a strong labor market and inflation continuing to move back up." 

As for why the Fed feels this way, Powell said that "the Fed has through the course of the year seen fit to lower the expected path of interest rates...That has supported the economy. That is one of the reasons why the outlook is still a favorable one." 

"Our main expectation is not at all that there will be a recession," he added.

It is hard to understand why people believe the MSM and take financial advice from them. I wonder how many people lost out on this booming economy because the believed the doomsday forecasts of the MSM which were driven by hatred for the most successful President in US History.

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

It is hard to understand why people believe the MSM and take financial advice from them. I wonder how many people lost out on this booming economy because the believed the doomsday forecasts of the MSM which were driven by hatred for the most successful President in US History.

Nobody lost out because the people spewing the market crashing nonsense never took their money out. The people they are talking to don't have money to put in the market.

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

Don't forget to spit

Advice from someone who knows?

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2019 at 9:49 AM, IGotWorms said:

No signs? Let’s start with the inverted yield curve. Or, you know, the fact that the Fed is cutting interest rates 🤦‍♂️

On 8/5/2019 at 9:24 PM, IGotWorms said:

If it was me and I was smart enough to follow up on my own musings, I’d stay out for a while. Think this thing goes down at least a few more thousand before any real rebound.

Smart guy

• Haha 1

Can all the super smart guys who pulled their money out let us know how much you lost this past month?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Can all the super smart guys who pulled their money out let us know how much you lost this past month?

Well back in 2016 Mark Cuban said he would pull all of his money out of the market if Trump won. I'm glad I didn't.

16 hours ago, Reality said:

Ya'll back in or no?

:huh:

Nope. Was in for a couple of days, made some $ and jumped back out. This ain't over. Gotta go under 2700 for me....I think.

I'll say it again. You should stay in at least until the tariffs take effect. Consumer spending is going to be crazy this holiday season. November could be historic. 

23 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I'll say it again. You should stay in at least until the tariffs take effect. Consumer spending is going to be crazy this holiday season. November could be historic. 

Please let us know the when you take your money out. 

25 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Please let us know the when you take your money out. 

Trump was right (again) the Chinese are paying for the tariffs in the form of $300 65 inch TVs and they haven't even started yet. My guess is the tariffs will be pushed back again into the spring. Right now if I was going the ultra safe route I would target cyber Monday. Not that I don't think it will keep climbing but there is a quasi traditional post Thanksgiving weekend drop.

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Trump was right (again) the Chinese are paying for the tariffs in the form of $300 65 inch TVs and they haven't even started yet. My guess is the tariffs will be pushed back again into the spring. Right now if I was going the ultra safe route I would target cyber Monday. Not that I don't think it will keep climbing but there is a quasi traditional post Thanksgiving weekend drop.

Let us know.

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Are you saying we should all move our 401Ks to a Fixed Account rather than a Variable Account at this time?

5 hours ago, lod001 said:

Nope. Was in for a couple of days, made some $ and jumped back out. This ain't over. Gotta go under 2700 for me....I think.

BS!

19 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

BS!

Yup I want to know when they get out and back in.

Everyone knows with hindsight.

52 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Are you saying we should all move our 401Ks to a Fixed Account rather than a Variable Account at this time?

I have no crystal ball. I just think the stars are aligned for market confidence.

16 minutes ago, LOD01 said:

Think what you want.

Your statement made little sense in the recent market. Perhaps you could give dates for context.

On 9/14/2019 at 4:39 AM, lod001 said:

The Dow went under 2700 today, what did you buy? 

Just now, Baker Boy said:

The Dow went under 2700 today, what did you buy? 

Wow 2700? We’re focked :(

I'm out. The democrats are going to fock this economy hell or high water. They DGAF. 

On 9/24/2019 at 6:21 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm out. The democrats are going to fock this economy hell or high water. They DGAF. 

How are the democrats screw up this time?

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How are the democrats screw up this time?

By impeaching for BS. And looking like a communist will be their nominee. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

By impeaching for BS. And looking like a communist will be their nominee. 

How is that affecting the market right now?  It's amazing how often you post on here blaming something on democrats.  You sound just as bad as the democrats blaming everything on republicans and Trump.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:35 PM, Cdub100 said:

What are you, my wife.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:02 AM, MTSkiBum said:

Short term savings, who knows. We pulled our short term savings out of the market a little while ago, and my wife likes to remind me of this fact. We are not going back in until the crash though.

Either way, we are leaving our money out. It is just play money, only 5 figures. If I am wrong, then it would not be the first time, second time, or 100th time.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

How is that affecting the market right now?  It's amazing how often you post on here blaming something on democrats.  You sound just as bad as the democrats blaming everything on republicans and Trump.

Are they impeaching for BS? Yes. Is Warren looking like the nominee? Yes. Why would that not affect the market? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Are they impeaching for BS? Yes. Is Warren looking like the nominee? Yes. Why would that not affect the market? 

The added jobs report was lower than projected and the manufacturing index is down which is a big red flag for a recession.  Are the democrats responsible for this?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The added jobs report was lower than projected and the manufacturing index is down which is a big red flag for a recession.  Are the democrats responsible for this?

Tech is leading the downturn. Tech, the ones that Warren is saying she's going to breakup. Pay attention.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tech is leading the downturn. Tech, the ones that Warren is saying she's going to breakup. Pay attention.  

I literally just read an article stating what I just posted was the reason for the current drop in the market.

Every time there is a big drop in the market both parties blame each other for it.  It gets so old.  Bunch of morons blaming each other because they have such a blind loyalty towards their party.  I'm sick of both parties.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I literally just read an article stating what I just posted was the reason for the current drop in the market.

Every time there is a big drop in the market both parties blame each other for it.  It gets so old.  Bunch of morons blaming each other because they have such a blind loyalty towards their party.  I'm sick of both parties.

You know the markets reaction is equally as moronic.  I mouse farted today in Sh!tholestan and the market dropped 450 points.  :wall:

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

You know the markets reaction is equally as moronic.  I mouse farted today in Sh!tholestan and the market dropped 450 points.  :wall:

Moronic or not a smart guy like you should realize how sensitive the market is.  Thus only requiring a mouse fart to cause a market drop of 450 points.

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Moronic or not a smart guy like you should realize how sensitive the market is.  Thus only requiring a mouse fart to cause a market drop of 450 points.

I do that is why I don't jump in and out of the market.  Steady systematic purchases of low fee index or similar funds over a long period of time my friend.