IGotWorms

Is it time to get out of the market?

I think the drop is linked to consumer sentiment dropping off a cliff.

21 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I bought last week, market went down. I bought more today. If the market goes down significantly again, I’ll buy more. Rinse and repeat. 

Thank you for your service.

I don’t think tomorrow is going to be a good day. No good news over the weekend. The opposite actually 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t think tomorrow is going to be a good day. No good news over the weekend. The opposite actually 

Safe bet my friend

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Safe bet my friend

For some reason I thought this past week was going to be the big surge with the virus.  Looks like it was just the start.  Hope I’m wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

For some reason I thought this past week was going to be the big surge with the virus.  Looks like it was just the start.  Hope I’m wrong. 

I don’t think you are wrong. Even Trump has moved his optimistic timeline to end of April. We are still in for a long ride and the economy will get worse

I still can't believe how much money they pumped into the economy. It made zero difference.

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I still can't believe how much money they pumped into the economy. It made zero difference.

I guess they had to do something. I’m not saying it was right, but they must think you fire your bullets while you can.  I think a big problem is relying on China for data.  We’re flying blind here and we shouldn’t be.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess they had to do something. I’m not saying it was right, but they must think you fire your bullets while you can.  I think a big problem is relying on China for data.  We’re flying blind here and we shouldn’t be.  

Full honestly I sold everything in February and I want a huge stock market drop before I buy back in. So I'm being selfish here.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Full honestly I sold everything in February and I want a huge stock market drop before I buy back in. So I'm being selfish here.

That’s ok. No one said you need to be all high and mighty when it comes to the stock market.  It is what it is. 

Tradesight (I like to watch their videos) just published their newest video on  market conditions.

20 minutes ago, riversco said:

Tradesight (I like to watch their videos) just published their newest video on  market conditions.

I don’t know. This guy is calling a bottom and this thing hasn’t even really hit California yet. Then at the end he waits he doesn’t care where the bottom is. I guess nobody knows. 

If I move everything over to money market I have to wait for 30 days to get back in. Not sure what to do

Several of my buddies and I (mostly them as they trade options etc) have been kicking around putting in 5k each and starting an "investment club".  Everyone votes on what we go into each whatever... week, month, etc...  couple be a great time to get this going... market being as down as it is.

1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Several of my buddies and I (mostly them as they trade options etc) have been kicking around putting in 5k each and starting an "investment club".  Everyone votes on what we go into each whatever... week, month, etc...  couple be a great time to get this going... market being as down as it is.

I just started one with my friends but we each put in $6k.

On 3/25/2020 at 6:06 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Could be a dead cat bounce... but it's been a decent recoop of $41k the last two days.

My buddy pays a high priced FA he speaks with every morning...  says theres a pretty decent feeling we MAY have scraped the bottom.  Lots of buying ops for long and short....

I feel ya, man. I recouped $42k I'm the same time period. 

On 3/26/2020 at 6:39 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Recovered $80k in the last 3 days...  I'll take it.

Nice. I recovered $81k in these last three days. I will take it, as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Why not invest the money yourself? 

4 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

The second someone approves a theraputic that works in the US, you better drop what you're doing immediately and go buy back in.  That's going to flip this whole thing on its head.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Why not invest the money yourself? 

Yeah, my first thought as well.  FOMO I guess? 

Sounds like a good way to get people butthurt.  I stopped giving people in my real life any advice on stocks.  You can't win that game.  I told this one chick to buy both CMG and MA when they IPO'ed.  Then I told her she could sell CMG at $350.  When it went up she got pissed.  Sorry you only made 8x your initial investment.  

Stopped giving people advice after that.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Yeah, my first thought as well.  FOMO I guess? 

Sounds like a good way to get people butthurt.  I stopped giving people in my real life any advice on stocks.  You can't win that game.  I told this one chick to buy both CMG and MA when they IPO'ed.  Then I told her she could sell CMG at $350.  When it went up she got pissed.  Sorry you only made 8x your initial investment.  

Stopped giving people advice after that.

I just suggest basic index funds. IT really is the best investments for most people

32 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I just suggest basic index funds. IT really is the best investments for most people

I have 400k in index funds .. I'm fine..  I'm learning options now... just some diversification.

14 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Without the injection the markets may be off 25% more.  

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Without the injection the markets may be off 25% more.  

Might, may, could be. They pumped so much money in that b1tch just to get what? They would have been better off to let it fall more.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Might, may, could be. They pumped so much money in that b1tch just to get what? They would have been better off to let it fall more.

They got a stahl in market drops.  If they did not do the stimulus are you suggesting the markets would be at the same level we are WITH the stimulus?

14 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

They got a stahl in market drops.  If they did not do the stimulus are you suggesting the markets would be at the same level we are WITH the stimulus?

What part of, "They would have been better off to let it fall more." suggests I think the markets would be at current level?

14 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I made my reply to the above

20 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

What part of, "They would have been better off to let it fall more." suggests I think the markets would be at current level?

You reply with above. I’m lost.  

31 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You're just a greedy focker.  :nono:

20 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I made my reply to the above

You reply with above. I’m lost.  

They got 3 good days with all that money. In the grand scheme of this year it means nothing.

They are better off letting it drop and hit bottom. Then inject stimulus. All they are doing is dropping money in a black hole.

15 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

You're just a greedy focker.  :nono:

True. I was open about motives but I believe the market is like a drug addict they have to hit bottom on their own. 

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know nothing. 

Interesting day so far.  Not sure what to make of it.  

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Interesting day so far.  Not sure what to make of it.  

People still rebalancing portfolios?

Ok, question for those who know more than me. Would it help the economy,  if not necessarily the stock market, but it might, to allow people to pay off their mortgage with their 401k and other retirement vehicles, tax free? The banks get a giant infusion, people have more to spend, or invest? Clear out your 401k now and take your mortgage payment and use that to start building it up again. I know there are many moving parts to this, but the basic premise makes sense.  The banks can then take that money and lend it to those that need it at a low interest rate.  Thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok, question for those who know more than me. Would it help the economy,  if not necessarily the stock market, but it might, to allow people to pay off their mortgage with their 401k and other retirement vehicles, tax free? The banks get a giant infusion, people have more to spend, or invest? Clear out your 401k now and take your mortgage payment and use that to start building it up again. I know there are many moving parts to this, but the basic premise makes sense.  The banks can then take that money and lend it to those that need it at a low interest rate.  Thoughts? 

I wish :(

but I think banks probably have most their figures done with interest on these loans figured in so it may ultimately hurt them

Just now, bandrus1 said:

I wish :(

but I think banks probably have most their figures done with interest on these loans figured in so it may ultimately hurt them

Yeah , I know this is way more complicated than I laid out.  But the banks may be looking at many foreclosures if people don’t get out and spend money. I’d love to have my mortgage payment at my disposal to either spend or invest.