IGotWorms

Is it time to get out of the market?

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

Not market related but NYS is going to offer home energy efficiency loans to people of any income for 15 years interest free to help stimulate jobs. I had my home looked at in December and the job was $13,000 for sealing and new insulation. I passed because I made to much to get grants or any decent financing. 

HELL YEA I'm going to finance $13,000 over 15 years interest free. If the numbers are right it almost pays for itself with the energy savings

Interesting. Point me in that direction? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

http://www.greenenergytimes.org/2020/04/24/ny-to-provide-0-financing-for-energy-efficiency-improvements-and-renewable-energy-systems/

https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/

So in November I signed up for a free home energy audit. NYS pays a certified contractor $300 to come to your house and they spend about 3 hours or so going through it and put a plan together on how to make your home more energy efficient. This isn't like windows and such. It's based around home insulation and things of that nature.

I chose a contractor associated with DR. Energy Saver because I watched their YouTube videos and like how everything was explained on there.

So the local contactor came and we went through the same house and the basis of what they want to do is rip out the 60 insulation in the attic, seel all the cracks where heat escapes from the walls into the attic then put 17 inches of insulation in and then seel the basement. It's all explained on the website

Anyway the bill was $13000 of you make a home income under $50k or so NYS will pay the tab for the repairs! If over all they had available was financing in the neighborhood of like 5 percent which sucks so I said ehh I'm ok.

So they guy texted me this past week that contractors lobbied NYS to offer 0 percent financing to all parties regardless of income. And he said they are opening it up on June 1 and it's for 1 year or untill funds run out.

If it goes according to calculations I'll be paying about $68 a month and should save about $57 a month in energy costs. Plus it's much better for my roof and overall home comfort quality

11 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

http://www.greenenergytimes.org/2020/04/24/ny-to-provide-0-financing-for-energy-efficiency-improvements-and-renewable-energy-systems/

https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/

So in November I signed up for a free home energy audit. NYS pays a certified contractor $300 to come to your house and they spend about 3 hours or so going through it and put a plan together on how to make your home more energy efficient. This isn't like windows and such. It's based around home insulation and things of that nature.

I chose a contractor associated with DR. Energy Saver because I watched their YouTube videos and like how everything was explained on there.

So the local contactor came and we went through the same house and the basis of what they want to do is rip out the 60 insulation in the attic, seel all the cracks where heat escapes from the walls into the attic then put 17 inches of insulation in and then seel the basement. It's all explained on the website

Anyway the bill was $13000 of you make a home income under $50k or so NYS will pay the tab for the repairs! If over all they had available was financing in the neighborhood of like 5 percent which sucks so I said ehh I'm ok.

So they guy texted me this past week that contractors lobbied NYS to offer 0 percent financing to all parties regardless of income. And he said they are opening it up on June 1 and it's for 1 year or untill funds run out.

If it goes according to calculations I'll be paying about $68 a month and should save about $57 a month in energy costs. Plus it's much better for my roof and overall home comfort quality

Thanks man. I’ll save a good bit too because I run the ac 24/7 . I’m gonna look into it. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thanks man. I’ll save a good bit too because I run the ac 24/7 . I’m gonna look into it. 

Definitely do it. We do it every few years. Even if you don’t want the work done, you get value and it costs you nothing. We all pay money each month that is earmarked for this program.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hot flashes? 😂

4 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Hot flashes? 😂

Not many trees. House gets hot.  But ask me in a few years. 

So who here owns shares of Amazon??

55 minutes ago, peenie said:

So who here owns shares of Amazon??

Robinhood just granted me the ability to purchase fractional shares, so I went in for $15 worth the other day.  :D

I'll probably increase that.  🤔

• Like 1

Another green day to close out a green week. 

:banana:A lot of you are missing out on the party.

This defies logic.  :wall:

16 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

This defies logic.  :wall:

:headbanger:

24 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

can we get a dancing banana up in here 

:banana::banana::banana:

43 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

:headbanger:

Do you have any plans to cut your positions?  Think there will be a sell off?  

On 5/20/2020 at 6:33 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

• Effective June 1, 2020, NYSERDA will offer Green Jobs-Green New York 0% financing for 1-4 family residential, small commercial (100 employees or less) and not-for-profit applicants to finance eligible energy efficiency improvements and renewable energy systems for terms of 5, 10 or 15 years
  • 0% financing will be available for a promotional period of up to 12- months, or until available funds are exhausted. The 0% rate will be applied to the term of the loan (5, 10, or 15 years).
  • Following this promotional period, the program will return to the geographic eligible 3.49%/6.99% interest rate for residential borrowers and Prime Rate + 2% for small commercial/not-for-profit borrowers

If you have any questions please contact the Residential Financing Team at residentialfinancing@nyserda.ny.gov.

https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/ny/COVID-19-Response/NYSERDA-Program-Changes

On 7/26/2018 at 6:37 AM, Baker Boy said:

If you are not invested in the FANG stocks that were pushed starting 5+ years ago you really lost out on one of the great opportunities to build your net worth.

Collectively known as the FANG stocks - Facebook (FB), Amazon.com (AMZN), Netflix (NFLX) and Google parent Alphabet (GOOGL)

2 years later and FANG continues to lead the market.

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

Do you have any plans to cut your positions?  Think there will be a sell off?  

Nope, my positions are in high quality dividend stocks like JNJ, MMM, PEP, DIS, WM, and WMT. I do have some riskier stocks like CCL, RCL, and LUV which I might sell but probably not.

I'm also aware that some companies have stopped paying their dividend but I expect them to start paying again next FY

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

my retirement is 5% off all time high.... Unbelievable 

You're doing it wrong.

I'm up nearly 6% YTD. 

That's it.  I'm going to cash.  I just don't see much upside potential to the market.  I do however see much downside pressure.  Hong Kong blows this market up.  Sell high buy low.   

There a party going on right here, a celebration to last throughout the year! 

44 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

That's it.  I'm going to cash.  I just don't see much upside potential to the market.  I do however see much downside pressure.  Hong Kong blows this market up.  Sell high buy low.   

:wave: I'm going to keep flying high. 

• Like 1

LVGO
LIVONGO HEALTH INC COM
$60.120

up almost 7 bucks today. 

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

:wave: I'm going to keep flying high. 

Good luck.  And I mean it.  For now, I'm willing to sit on the sidelines.  There will be buying opportunities in the future for me to exploit.  

9 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Good luck.  And I mean it.  For now, I'm willing to sit on the sidelines.  There will be buying opportunities in the future for me to exploit.  

I understand. I bought back in at almost the latest bottom. Honestly, I don't think I could have done it any better other than buying all at once instead of dollar-cost averaging. I did that for my own protection. It would take another massive drop for me to lose money at this point, and even then I think it would bounce back.

I just noticed that worms started this thread.  Does that mean he got out of the market?

5 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Well I'm glad I sold everything Asian related in my retirement

Even the hookers?

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

I just noticed that worms started this thread.  Does that mean he got out of the market?

if the market was FFToday

If you don't have your money in the market right now. You're crazy. We are going to see a huge boom these next few years. Even Obamas Economic advisor is calling for huge growth. 

I have been killing it these last few months. I sold at the right time and I jumped back in at the right time. I'm in "buy and hold" in my 3 portfolios. You will be kicking yourself this time next year. Or you might be saying the same things like the market is oversold (it's not).

At the very least get in some index funds. Don't sit on the sidelines, you will have bigley regrets if you do.

• Like 1

My portfolio is now essentially back to where it was pre-crash. 
And the market (Dow) is still 4k under what it was pre-crash.

Yes, I made a post crash contribution, but its back to where it was even if you take the contribution plus its gains out.

So, That must be a combination of re-invested dividends and whoever is managing the mutual funds doing a great job?

And...CNN is  STILL posting gloom and doom, and how the markets are doomed and we all are doomed financially and things are going to get much worse, blah blah blah.  Small business is hurting because Trump and the unemployment rates, etc. lol.  Every day.  Every day. Every day.  Gloom and doom.    How long can you try to get people to buy into "If you step on a crack, it will break your mother's back!"   ?  And then, once your "gig is up", you keep proclaiming "But people...you've got to believe us! Please...please....don't step on cracks! It's breaking mother's backs across the US!"  

Need some more rioting and destruction tonight to keep my gun stocks rally going. Yes, you too can profit off of the rioters. 

Market +500 today.

CNN desperately trying to bring the market down by instilling fear into American's

Today's headlines "Market Soar Despite Protests" and "America Is In Turmoil, but Stocks are Booming. Is the Market Broken?"

2 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Market +500 today.

CNN desperately trying to bring the market down by instilling fear into American's

Today's headlines "Market Soar Despite Protests" and "America Is In Turmoil, but Stocks are Booming. Is the Market Broken?"

Well, at some point, someone is going to have to help me understand how we "crippled" our economy with the pandemic response, but yet the market is going along just fine. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Well, at some point, someone is going to have to help me understand how we "crippled" our economy with the pandemic response, but yet the market is going along just fine. :dunno:

It's just magic!