IGotWorms

Is it time to get out of the market?

I'm still in cash and will be for the foreseeable future.   

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Hertz says it expects stockholders to lose all their money in filing for selling more stock
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/15/hertz-says-it-expects-stockholders-to-lose-all-their-money-in-filing-for-selling-more-stock.html

Down 33% today almost a dollar. Long way to go...

May retail sales figures are shocking everyone, including me.  

Of course Whitmer had us shut down for the whole month.  

While the rest of the country’s retailers were booming, we were closed up tighter than a bull’s ass.  

8 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

May retail sales figures are shocking everyone, including me.  

Of course Whitmer had us shut down for the whole month.  

While the rest of the country’s retailers were booming, we were closed up tighter than a bull’s ass.  

They simply low balled the projected #s to juice the markets. 

40 minutes ago, lod001 said:

They simply low balled the projected #s to juice the markets. 

I don’t think that’s the case. A 17% increase is huge.  

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

I don’t think that’s the case. A 17% increase is huge.  

Yeah but common sense would say that after everyone stopped spending and the #s plummeted, as soon as you 'open it up' the numbers are gonna be huge. How do you send stocks higher? Low ball the number. Simply looking at Lowes over the past month or so and I knew the number was going to be huge. Had they said 17% instead of the low ball #, the market would have just sat there.

Yet even after the rebound in May, sales were still 6% lower compared to the same month in 2019, showing the lingering damage caused by the lockdown of the economy.

13 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Yeah but common sense would say that after everyone stopped spending and the #s plummeted, as soon as you 'open it up' the numbers are gonna be huge. How do you send stocks higher? Low ball the number. Simply looking at Lowes over the past month or so and I knew the number was going to be huge. Had they said 17% instead of the low ball #, the market would have just sat there.

Yet even after the rebound in May, sales were still 6% lower compared to the same month in 2019, showing the lingering damage caused by the lockdown of the economy.

I've been screaming about HD and Lowe's capitalizing on the COVID crisis while mom and pops were shut down, but this report did not include Home Improvement stores in those numbers.  The #1 increasing category was clothing stores.  

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

Only down 6%? That's a awesome sign to anyone with a brain and isn't rooting for a crashed economy.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Only down 6%? That's a awesome sign to anyone with a brain and isn't rooting for a crashed economy.

We would have loved to be down only 6%. 

We were down 100% in May. 

9 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

We would have loved to be down only 6%. 

We were down 100% in May. 

When the governors started shutting things down I think if people said we would only be 6% off from last year. They would be laughed at.

54 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Anyone with a brain would welcome another sell off because that is where the big $ is made. Unless one is like the Warrior who sits with his thumb up his ass saying it's impossible to time the market.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Anyone with a brain would welcome another sell off because that is where the big $ is made. Unless one is like the Warrior who sits with his thumb up his ass saying it's impossible to time the market.

That's me thumb up my azz. I got super lucky when I sold everything and when I bought back in. I'm now in for the long haul and would prefer to avoid another selloff.

33 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

When the governors started shutting things down I think if people said we would only be 6% off from last year. They would be laughed at.

No kidding.  There has been literally zero retail activity around here except for grocery stores and big boxes.  

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

:thumbsup:

Bought GE yesterday and sold today. +$979 

look at meeeee! :P

all joking aside I’ve really enjoyed the short term trading through all of this. Wouldn’t mind another pull back 

10 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Bought GE yesterday and sold today. +$979 

look at meeeee! :P

all joking aside I’ve really enjoyed the short term trading through all of this. Wouldn’t mind another pull back 

I have accumulated a list of stocks that would sell off big and snap right back. We just need that selloff.