Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Author of Sex and the City regrets not having a family

Regret of that independent lifestyle is starting to hit her hard...

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/sex-and-the-city-author-candace-bushnell-regrets-not-having-kids-says-she-was-truly-alone

"Sex and the City" may have left a trailblazing legacy for women on television, but the book's original author now thinks her independent lifestyle may not have been as rewarding.

Candace Bushnell, 60, who wrote the original 1997 novel which spawned the successful TV series for HBO, opened up to Sunday Times Magazine about her 2012 divorce, admitting it made her realize how not starting a family made her feel "truly alone."

"When I was in my 30s and 40s, I didn’t think about it," she recalled. "Then when I got divorced and I was in my 50s, I started to see the impact of not having children and of truly being alone. I do see that people with children have an anchor in a way that people who have no kids don’t."

Bushnell first rose to prominence with a dating column in The New York Observer, whose writings were anthologized in her "Sex and the City" novel. The series' main character, Carrie Bradshaw (played by Sarah Jessica Parker), was created as a fictionalized version of Bushnell.

Bushnell, who is now dating real estate agent Jim Coleman, is preparing to release a new book, titled "Is There Still Sex in the City?" The book, which drops in August, deals with what Bushnell calls "middle-aged sadness," along with the new obstacles women face once they turn 50. And according to Deadline, the heavily anticipated book is already being adapted into a television series.

The novel follows a group of middle-aged New York City women who travel to the Hamptons in order to find a fresh start. In a recent interview with the New York Post, Bushnell reveals the novel was inspired by her real-life relocation to the Hamptons, alongside several of her friends.

"We’re all single women without children. And you think about, what are you going to do when you get old?” she said. “If you don’t have kids, you realize, ‘Who is going to take care of me?’

5 hours ago, riversco said:

"We’re all single women without children. And you think about, what are you going to do when you get old?” she said. “If you don’t have kids, you realize, ‘Who is going to take care of me?’

Suxbnu

Liberals not breeding may be the key to saving western civilization. The next trick is to keep them away from poisoning OUR kids minds which is easier said than done since they control schools, social media, Hollywood, and the MSM.

• Like 2

So her regret is no one will be there to take care of her? Uh, that's not why you have kids. It's the other way around. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So her regret is no one will be there to take care of her? Uh, that's not why you have kids. It's the other way around. 

This.

She sounds pretty selfish.

I  regret not having a kid sooner than 38. Had I known how incredibly rewarding it would be I would  have had one way sooner. 

Maybe she can adopt a bunch of 35 year old illegals and pretend they are her kids. Give them allowances to drive her back and forth from her doctor's appointments. 

• Haha 1

she made the right decision.  would not have been a great parent.  regreting what you didnt do as you age is common.  she could always adopt..but she wont.  

3 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

...Candace passed peacefully at home, surrounded by her favorite dildos and three cats.

Sux wrote Sex and the City? 

People with retarded kids have an anchor alright. They’ll be anchored to that mongoloid for the rest of their lives. She should be thankful. 

I remember reading Chicken Soup for the Soul and one of the stories was about an overworked person who cared for their ailing parent. The person had 7 siblings! She explained that just because you have a child doesn't mean they're going to care for you later.

I agree, she can adopt.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

I remember reading Chicken Soup for the Soul and one of the stories was about an overworked person who cared for their ailing parent. The person had 7 siblings! She explained that just because you have a child doesn't mean they're going to care for you later.

I agree, she can adopt.

Age restricted to 16 and up.  Little kids do not need a dried up, man hater to guide them.

I regret not having kids sooner. Other than the couple I killed in the womb

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Age restricted to 16 and up.  Little kids do not need a dried up, man hater to guide them.

Really? You can't adopt a baby?

Just now, peenie said:

Really? You can't adopt a baby?

Of course she could, she's famous.  The average single 60 year old woman would have no chance.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Of course she could, she's famous.  The average single 60 year old woman would have no chance.

however, 60 year old lesbo is in

Though private adoption is less rigid, most agencies expect that adoptive parents will be younger than 45.