Sign in to follow this  
edjr

1st year/time since 1989 not playing fantasy football

30 years!

it feels pretty fabulous too. Other than the Edex Cup here, I no longer do any fantasy sports.

you guys still play? How many leagues if so?

1 dynasty league we've been doing for a decade or so. I enjoy it but at the same time have no desire to get in anymore. You people who get in 3 or more need your heads examined.

One with hometown crew since 1995.The other with my old precinct since 2003. That one may be going away soon. The draft is out on Fockin Long Island. 

2. I have had up to 9. It was not fun. 2 is the right number for me. 

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

2. I have had up to 9. It was not fun. 2 is the right number for me. 

9 :o

I think my most ever was football, maybe 4 tops

i do one big league since like 1995. maybe one other every once in a while. anything over 2 and ADD kicks in and i end up not caring about either.

I only have one league with my friends we've been doing since 2000.  At my high point, I believe I was in 4 or 5 - way too much.  1 seems about right.  Maybe 2 if I'm feeling motivated.

I used to be in 6-8 leagues every year, but about 5 years ago quit all except one. It still provides a little fun without being a full time job. 

• Like 1

I didn’t play last year for the first time since maybe 2001,  football is much more enjoyable without fantasy.  

• Like 1

I quit our league that started in 1993 last year.  Didn't join any.

Still do pickem leagues.  Those are fun.  But as far as fantasy,  I'm done with it.   Just got kinda boring, don't have the enthusiasm for it anymore

1 long standing 14 team redraft.

1 long standing 14 team dynasty.  

If they both folded tomorrow I wouldnt really care.  Ill ride these till they die.  Wont think about joining any others.

Person: How do you deal with boredom/slow time at work?

Me: I fock around on fantasy football message boards

Person: Oh, you play FF? Who do you think......

ME: interuppting - No, I do not play, I find it boring and tedious. 

Person: :huh:

• Haha 1

FFPC (2 teams)

Die Nasty

A local league from Colorado (keeper)

12 geeks 1 cup (if we play this year)

I started around 1991 or so.... peak was 13 teams around 2004-5.  Having a child changed the amount of time I can devote to FF

I'm out of it now. Was in a great league in Maryland, and won a couple of titles. Was the absolute doormat of edjr's closet league, and did a year with people here in Texas. 

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Did you fock the commissioner's wife again?

No (and he was the commissioner) :lol:

2 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

No (and he was the commissioner) :lol:

was he tight? lube?

I quit a few years ago.  Very liberating.  Although, I hardly watch any football now. 

The worst part of fantasy of course are the injuries, but the in game ones really suck, and it happens all the Fockin time. Guys looking to the sidelines to come off. Plus the suspensions. Millionaire morons can't behave themselves. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The worst part of fantasy of course are the injuries, but the in game ones really suck, and it happens all the Fockin time. Guys looking to the sidelines to come off. Plus the suspensions. Millionaire morons can't behave themselves. 

agree.  a player going down mid game has no correlation to our FF abilities.

I've been clean for about 10 years, though i did relapse here 1 season about 5 years ago. 😟

Right before i quit 10 years ago I had 10 Teams and was Commish of 3 Leagues. 🤪

As far as money leagues I took last year off and just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in

I think best ball leagues might be the way to go. Just draft your team and you're done. I could see my league headed towards that at some point. 

9 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

I quit a few years ago.  Very liberating.  Although, I hardly watch any football now. 

This is me too. I last played maybe six or seven years ago. Haven't watched a full game in four years. Wish I could honestly. 

11 hours ago, edjr said:

30 years!

it feels pretty fabulous too. Other than the Edex Cup here, I no longer do any fantasy sports.

you guys still play? How many leagues if so?

Joel (Letthe big dogeat"  is absolutely loving the team you left for him in Dienasty. :thumbsup:

Although I will always miss my MobbDeep, (and you with this league) Gypsybrat is doing a fine job as commish. 
You're a good man, edjr :cheers:

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

This is me too. I last played maybe six or seven years ago. Haven't watched a full game in four years. Wish I could honestly. 

It would help if the game was on the up and up,I had to start watching games as simple entertainment I just can't buy that this league isn't manipulated in some form or another.

8 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Joel (Letthe big dogeat"  is absolutely loving the team you left for him in Dienasty. :thumbsup:

Although I will always miss my MobbDeep, (and you with this league) Gypsybrat is doing a fine job as commish. 
You're a good man, edjr :cheers:

Thank you. I left the best way I knew how. I made no trades, I left a good team and I walked away :cheers:

Fireballer you frickin' copycat mofo :nono:

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Fireballer you frickin' copycat mofo :nono:

😂😂😂

Im usually good on moon landings...not so much on this one.

Always! It's a good distraction from work on that other boring stuff!! Football is fine enough, but fantasy gives you a little more to do Tues-Sat!

I'm in 3 $$$ leagues and that's perfect. Last year was the first year where I thought I should do more, but I think 4 would be too much.

I do another 4-5 leagues for fun and take some risks and do random FF lineups like 2 QB leagues etc...I don't pay attention to these as much, but will still make moves throughout the season.

My motivation took a massive hit when Kaepernick started kneeling. The joy drained out of me and I just went through the motions to finish out that year. Even though he's long out of the league, my enthusiasm has never fully recovered. I use to feel I was a shark all the time, read everything all year round, but that's not been the case for a while now. 

59 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

My motivation took a massive hit when Kaepernick started kneeling. The joy drained out of me and I just went through the motions to finish out that year. Even though he's long out of the league, my enthusiasm has never fully recovered. I use to feel I was a shark all the time, read everything all year round, but that's not been the case for a while now. 

I don't get why you let that bother you. Kneeling was a fad and has pretty much gone away. The game is still great.

1 dynasty league that's been going on since '05

1 redraft league that's been going on since '89

That's it... the rest of my $$$ goes to draft kings!

I quit the year before last after 20 years. I enjoy watching football much more now without dividing my attention. You won’t miss it.