Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

Hey Pittsburgh Homers, who is the #2 WR - Washington or Moncrief?

If montcrief can stay healthy he may be better than juju.

Moncrief  has  a near zero chance of ever being better than Juju.  Only someone with so little knowledge who cannot even spell his name would even think that to be true.

Moncrief left Monday's practice with an injured finger and has not practiced since.

Don't be surprised if Diontae Johnson finishes as the #2WR in Pitt.

• Like 1

No one, I think it will be a wr#2 carousel the whole season. 

11 hours ago, Smileseers said:

Moncrief  has  a near zero chance of ever being better than Juju.  Only someone with so little knowledge who cannot even spell his name would even think that to be true.

Moncrief left Monday's practice with an injured finger and has not practiced since.

:clap: Too easy.

It’s a work in process.  I think it may be game to game and matchup based cause 3 wr sets are big in Pitt 

Moncrief has never amounted to much of anything.

Granted Pitt is a great situation for WRs, but personally I am looking at Washington or Johnson

Not a Pittsburgh homer but I think Moncrief could have a sneaky high TD value this season but I don't see him being a high volume WR. Could put you over the top some weeks and kill you during others. I remember the one year I owned him he scored 7 TD's on some crazy low catch and yardage total. I could see him having a similar year and being a TD or bust weekly option. 

Whoever Ben trusts at wr2 could have an 800 7 line. It looks like Moncrief but anything can happen.

Saw a report today that says that rookie Diontae Johnson may actually be ahead of Washington on the depth chart.  This is a position battle that's worth monitoring the next few weeks.

I think it’s a wr situation I want to stay clear of.  

I really don’t one one them really developing into the true wr 2 on Pitt. 

I think it will rotate through out the season. 

On 7/31/2019 at 9:28 PM, sderk said:

You’re kidding right?????

Agreed. Hope he is still available in the 3rd round where I'm targeting him. 

samuels

I took Diontae Johnson 3.08 in my dynasty league rookie/FA draft. Moncrief is not all that good, and Washington is struggling holding onto the #3 spot. It may be Moncrief to start the year off, but would not be surprised if Johnson took over that #2 role.

Just ridiculous.  This is his 3rd team in 6 years.  Never caught more than 750 yards in a season but every year folks come on here RAVING about montcrief.

Let's face it fellas, the dude is nothing but a "JAG" and a serviceable WR. 

5 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Just ridiculous.  This is his 3rd team in 6 years.  Never caught more than 750 yards in a season but every year folks come on here RAVING about montcrief.

Let's face it fellas, the dude is nothing but a "JAG" and a serviceable WR. 

how ridiculous is it really?

he got 668 yards receiving in Jacksonville last year.

inferior QB

Inferior team

I think its easy to project 800 yards for him if he is actually the #2 WR.

The question we need to ask, is will he win the #2 WR job on this team.

Moncrief just needs to stay healthy. 

If if he is indeed the true no question wr2 on Pitt he would be a great deal based on his ADP. 

But like Ray said, I don’t think Pitt will have a sold week to week wr2. 

It will rotate whom ever is the hot hand type situation. 

Stay healthy?  Not easy when it seems like he's always hurt. Already hurt his finger on Monday and haven't practiced yet.

He played 3 seasons where he played 16 games.  Twice with Peyton Manning and yet his best numbers are 733 yards.

You pass on guys like this and never look back.

Didn’t say it would be easy lol, but he does need to stay healthy. 

If he does indeed win the wr2 postion he will produce.  

But once again I don’t see anyone being a true wr2 on the Steelers. 

It's kind of a trick question.  They play 2 different positions so it's not like it has to be one or the other.  Moncrief plays the "X" position, the one that starts right on the line of scrimmage.  Washington isn't as quick or as good at beating press coverage, so he plays the "Z" position.  JuJu's primary position is in the slot.  So in 3 reciever sets, with the Steelers playing at least 3 WR's almost all of the time, both Moncrief and Washington will be on the field.   The bigger threat to Moncrief is actually the rookie- D. Johnson- as he is good at beating press coverage, so he can play the "X" also.  If you want to know which WR will have more production, it might depend on the format.  Moncrief will have more receptions, and Washington could end up with more yards or at least similar.  The "Z" formation typically runs more deep routes.  The TD's could be about the same.  I definitely think Moncrief is the safer bet, especially in P.P.R.  I love D. Johnson in a Dynasty format.  Overall, as a Steelers fan, I'm excited about the potential of this passing offense despite the loss of A.B.  Besides the WR's I mentioned there is Switzer, Eli Rogers as competent WR's, an underrated McDonald at TE, and good options to pass to out of the backfield with Conner, Samuels, and Snell.  

On 7/31/2019 at 10:26 PM, Smileseers said:

Sure I joked about Moncrief and you fell for it, but the point was made and now confirmed. Juju has no #1 receiver capabilities.