Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

What would cause you to engage in armed revolt?

Most militia types that I know don't love their country. They love some b******* romanticize version of their country. moreover, the most likely end up shooting themselves or at least pissing themselves minifee face any sort of organized opposition.

that aside, what would cause you to pick up your weapon and actually fire upon agents of the US government and or local government? Don't you say gun control. What specifically would they have to prohibit or regulate or whatever that would cause you to literally take up arms against your fellow Americans?

Abortion? Illegal search and seizure? Land seizure? Repossessing your kids?

Kids in cages.

Fracking.

Puzzy grabbing.

Employer provided healthcare.

This is why I put on my black shemagh every weekend and go punch Nazis at the playground.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

President AOC presides over a Constitutional Convention where Bernie Sanders,  George Soros, Kamala Harris , Al Sharpton, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, Joe Bryant, Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon rewrite the Constitution.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Leading up to the American Revolution, people who tried to ferment revolt kept looking for martyrs.  The Boston Massacre was a classic example.  Some guys protesting a court hearing, redcoats showed up and shot and killed some of them.  The murdered were held up as martyrs of the revolution.

In the civil war, electing Lincoln immediately led to armed revolt.

The french revolution really got rolling out of food riots.  The lack of food got the average joe ready for revolt.

The arab spring in the 21st century was also food riots.

But the common thread in ALL cases was loss of trust.  People no longer trusted the system so it was overthrown.  Which is what we're going thru today in the West.

8 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Most militia types that I know don't love their country. They love some b******* romanticize version of their country. moreover, the most likely end up shooting themselves or at least pissing themselves minifee face any sort of organized opposition.

that aside, what would cause you to pick up your weapon and actually fire upon agents of the US government and or local government? Don't you say gun control. What specifically would they have to prohibit or regulate or whatever that would cause you to literally take up arms against your fellow Americans?

Trespass.  Stay the eff off my land.  

It would take a lot.

Truth is that if there is violence it will get pretty ugly, if you have not had occasion to be in the presence of hard core organizes violence perhaps its easy to talk about it.  But in reality, violence is a nasty business.

I think i would be inclined to stay out of it, until it reached my doorstep, and then I do have an adequate assemblage to defend.....

3 hours ago, riversco said:

Leading up to the American Revolution, people who tried to ferment revolt kept looking for martyrs.  The Boston Massacre was a classic example.  Some guys protesting a court hearing, redcoats showed up and shot and killed some of them.  The murdered were held up as martyrs of the revolution.

In the civil war, electing Lincoln immediately led to armed revolt.

The french revolution really got rolling out of food riots.  The lack of food got the average joe ready for revolt.

The arab spring in the 21st century was also food riots.

But the common thread in ALL cases was loss of trust.  People no longer trusted the system so it was overthrown.  Which is what we're going thru today in the West.

The foolish notion that people have though is once overthrown that it would be us who decide what it is replaced with, which is not the case.

I really can't imagine something that would cause me to do this. Short of the government turning fully communist overnight. 

I simply don't care enough to fight the government. 

Chief Justice Potatomayor gets four allies who routinely decide the Constitution is optional suggestions that can be freely overlooked.

If they draw first blood, its on. May their version of jesus be with them. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Chief Justice Potatomayor gets four allies who routinely decide the Constitution is optional suggestions that can be freely overlooked.

The SC has 9, roly poly, femaleish, unmarried, 1st or 2nd generation Americans, from New York to decide what's best for the rest of us.  2 down so far.

3 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

We have a revolution every 4 years. It's called elections. 

And lets keep this current revolution rolling for another 4 years because its MAGA.

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

And lets keep this current revolution rolling for another 4 years because its MAGA.

Get the wall built and buy time for Ruth Walking-Corpseburg, Stephan Breyer, and a bunch of liberal appeals court judges to leave the bench.

you don't want to mess with these arms 💪🏿

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

It would take a lot.

Truth is that if there is violence it will get pretty ugly, if you have not had occasion to be in the presence of hard core organizes violence perhaps its easy to talk about it.  But in reality, violence is a nasty business.

I think i would be inclined to stay out of it, until it reached my doorstep, and then I do have an adequate assemblage to defend.....

Hopefully I'll still be able to telecommute during the revolution so that I don't have to burn any vacation hours. 

11 hours ago, wiffleball said:

You hang around with militia types?  New Black Panthers or something.

In all honesty switching to the "popular vote" might do it. Several states have bills looking to award their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote. Essentially eliminating the self worth of their own electorate. That is scary stuff.

Trump not becoming King of America.

Anything that could eventually cause me to take up arms and revolt, would first cause me to gather my family up and simply move to another country. 

45 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Anything that could eventually cause me to take up arms and revolt, would first cause me to gather my family up and simply move to another country. 

Examples?  

Honestly, the thoughts of civil war are ridiculously premature. Americans are far too comfortable for that. People with stuff to lose don't go off into the woods and play soldier. Things would have to get a lot worse before that really becomes a problem.

Small bands of wackos? Sure. Broad swaths of society. No. 

27 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Examples?  

It’s kind of hard to come up with anything realistic. I guess if America decided to imprison all Muslims, or wipe that 1.8 billion people off the face of the earth, I’d consider us evil and get the hell out.

Thats not a Muslim specific thing though. If we decided to imprison or exterminate any group, including those in the group that haven’t committed specific crimes. For example, I wouldn’t support imprisoning all white supremacists either. Believe what you want, and I’m fine with shaming you, but not taking away your freedom if you haven’t committed a crime. I just say Muslims in this example because a high percentage of people on this message board seem to openly support wiping them all off the face of the earth. 

40 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

It’s kind of hard to come up with anything realistic. I guess if America decided to imprison all Muslims, or wipe that 1.8 billion people off the face of the earth, I’d consider us evil and get the hell out.

Thats not a Muslim specific thing though. If we decided to imprison or exterminate any group, including those in the group that haven’t committed specific crimes. For example, I wouldn’t support imprisoning all white supremacists either. Believe what you want, and I’m fine with shaming you, but not taking away your freedom if you haven’t committed a crime. I just say Muslims in this example because a high percentage of people on this message board seem to openly support wiping them all off the face of the earth. 

2-for-1?

52 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

How about a culture that treats women less inferior.  Like your Muslim example.

46 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Don't be a bigot. Forcing women to dress up in a shower curtain is empowering and brave.  

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Don't be a bigot. Forcing women to dress up in a shower curtain is empowering and brave.  

When the feminist/Islam intersectionality bullshit invariably explodes, I'm not sure which side to root for.

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Are you asking if I’d leave the country if we started treating women better? 

2 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

LOL. I'm thinking "less inferior" was a typo but it could be taken at face value if bostonlager had typed it.

3 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Better than what?

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

LOL. I'm thinking "less inferior" was a typo but it could be taken at face value if bostonlager had typed it.

Ahhh.  I see my typo.  

My ancestors fought for the South, so I'd be inclined to pick up arms if the south succeeds again.

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Honestly, the thoughts of civil war are ridiculously premature. Americans are far too comfortable for that.

Statistically, right wingers are not comfortable ..... with their own institutions.  That's the problem.  They distrust most everything they are told by official sources now.  And it is absolutely without question a big enough of a problem to spark revolt.  It also doesn't need to be a very large segment of the population.  The overwhelming majority of colonists didn't want the Revolutionary War in the 1770s.  But when 20-25% of the public wants a revolt.....you get a revolt.  And once it gets rolling, events can quickly tilt public perception in favor of revolt.

Basically your entire reasoning for why it won't happen (people are too comfortable, there are not enough people to spark it) is untrue.