Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Damien Williams real deal or fool's gold

He finished last season great. It appears he can do it all, but can he?  In his 5 season in the NFL he has not really done much and much of that was in Miami.  Where not much seems like it would go along way. Can he handle being the man for a full season? He seems great in the passing game, but 50 rushing attempts last season is his career high. Plus he's 27 not a good age to basically start a NFL career. Not saying Hyde is the answer. Just not sure Williams is either.

He won’t need to handle being the Man. 

Thats why they brought in Hyde, it’s going to be a 50/50 split. 

No real rb1. 

Based on ADP, Hyde is a steal over D Will.  

I feel like Damien is a classic FF trap we always fall into and it will backfire. Zac Stacy was a similar trap some years back. 

Dude never amounted to anything before. I’m staying away given considerable price tag 

23 hours ago, weepaws said:

it’s going to be a 50/50 split

Let me know when the last time The Walrus didn't use a true #1. It's who he is. Some coaches are RatBastards with their RBs. Some are not. Reid is not.

6 hours ago, Law said:

Let me know when the last time The Walrus didn't use a true #1. It's who he is. Some coaches are RatBastards with their RBs. Some are not. Reid is not.

When was thw last time he went into a season with no rb1 on his team? 

This 2019 season is that season, neither Hyde nor Williams will become that rb1. So please do me a favor, don’t reach for  D Will at his current ADP, he won’t produce  and I think Hyde is the better over all rb  but neither game in and game out will be the true rb1 week to week, it rotate, and it will frustrate you.  Heck I can’t think of another season expect for 2018 that Reid had a Qb throw for 50tds in a season either  

So get ready for something really exciting to take place in your life, watching Reid coach a season with out a true rb1. 

Thanks for the replay, appreciate it. 

6 hours ago, Law said:

2015? 2016? Then he had Hunt. Now he doesn't.

Andy is going to ride williams till the wheels fall off and then use hyde the same way. Hyde gets 6 touches a game till williams gets hurt in week 5

I disagree, he won’t beat down any of his two Rbs, he will need them. 

It’s a true RBBC with Hyde being the much better value. 

Hyde is an interesting call. He’s not chopped liver, he can def play. He’s a great depth pick at his adp with upside.

Reid rarely goes rbbc.... I just traded for this dude. I have always liked him and thought he was under used in Miami. His production when given opportunities has always been good. Reports were he showed up a bit out of shape though.... Which I didn't realize there were any issues about his work ethic. I can't stand that work ethic gets in some players way of becoming great

Which was the problem when he was under used with the Dolphins.  

Same issue. 

I think Hyde is KC best rb right now. 

So if he wants to have his best rb on the field if Williams is out he will do so. 

I hear too much about RBBC. I think the risk is not worth the reward. He never seemed great at Miami. He's never had a lot of carries. I am not using a late 2nd or 3rd round pick on this guy. Johnson, Jones, Fournette, Freeman and Mack all seem like players I would prefer.