Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

CNN: White robots are RACIST

Just now, Strike said:

I had a Roomba.  It was green.  Not sure what nationality or stereotypical behavior I should attribute to it.  Maybe that if Captain Kirk showed up at our house it would roll over and spread it's wheels like a $2 whoreRoomba?

Really?  I only saw them in black.  Oh well.

5 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

White robots can roll down the street eating Skittles and wearing hoodies without the fear of being shot.

If Robbie the Robot had a son

The robots used in the study are clearly robots but have human-like limbs and a head, with exterior complexions that are white -- which is to say, pinkish -- or black -- really, a deep brown. In the "shooter bias" test, black and white people and robots appeared on a screen for less than a second, and participants were told to "shoot" those holding a weapon. Black robots that were not holding weapons were shot more than the white ones not carrying guns.

I think the reason the study was done was to anticipate a future in which robots take on human roles within society.  Those things are gonna look and act like people.  The thing is....people react to them based on whatever racial bias they hold.  Bury your head in the sand about that fact all you want, but each of us has a racial bias and some of us unconsciously act on that bias.  As the results above confirm.

13 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

I think the reason the study was done was to anticipate a future in which robots take on human roles within society.  Those things are gonna look and act like people.  The thing is....people react to them based on whatever racial bias they hold.  Bury your head in the sand about that fact all you want, but each of us has a racial bias and some of us unconsciously act on that bias.  As the results above confirm.

I have a statistical bias

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Are black robots more likely to commit violent crimes, such as their human counterparts? That's where the bias comes from.

If I hear metallic footsteps behind me at night I know that I'll personally feel safer if I turn around and see a pack of white robots vs a pack of black ones. 

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I have a statistical bias

Statistically speaking you'll live longer and healthier adopting a plant based diet.  Are you vegetarian?  Or is you statistical bias selective?

2 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Statistically speaking you'll live longer and healthier adopting a plant based diet.  Are you vegetarian?  Or is you statistical bias selective?

13/90

10 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Are black robots more likely to commit violent crimes, such as their human counterparts? That's where the bias comes from.

I get it.  Won't let my kids within 20 feet of a pit bull.  Ohhh....they're such nice dogs.  It's all environment.  No....they're focking death machines.  

So I get where you're coming from.  But here's the thing....at least here in Minny most of the violent crime is specific to certain locations.  If I see a black dude at the local hardware store, should I be on alert?  Because after all....blacks are more likely to commit violent crimes, right?

I think context plays a role.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I had a Roomba.  It was green.  Not sure what nationality or stereotypical behavior I should attribute to it.  Maybe that if Captain Kirk showed up at our house it would roll over and spread it's wheels like a $2 whoreRoomba?

Irish?

1 hour ago, FeelingMN said:

Or, in a split second in a kill or be killed scenario, it is much harder to see if there is a dark gun against dark skin.  Just brainstorming here.  :dunno:

I might make that choice, and risk being called out for an anti-meat bias and thus evil.....

Or, I might choose to ignore the statistical factors, at my own peril.  I don't smoke, I know the statistical factors. I drink socially, accepting the elevated risk associated, though i do not drink and drive as the statistical factors deliver too high a risk.

So I am risk aware in my statistical bias.

25 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Irish?

Good point.  In that spirit, I am naming my Roomba " Saoirse" which I found out today is a good Irish name.  And, since we lost one of those today my Roomba can take her place in society.  The rise of the robots has begun!!

Bury your head in the sand about that fact all you want, but each of us has a racial bias and some of us unconsciously act on that bias.  

I’m bias, I am racist and I’m classist. Why won’t the large majority of liberals admit they also have bias and are racist?

12 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I’m bias, I am racist and I’m classist. Why won’t the large majority of liberals admit they also have bias and are racist?

Because they are controlled by dark psychic forces. 

51 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Irish?

Or, in a split second in a kill or be killed scenario, it is much harder to see if there is a dark gun against dark skin.  Just brainstorming here.  :dunno:

Get the fock out of here with that obviously RACIST logic!!!!!  :mad:

2 hours ago, FeelingMN said:

I get it.  Won't let my kids within 20 feet of a pit bull.  Ohhh....they're such nice dogs.  It's all environment.  No....they're focking death machines.  

So I get where you're coming from.  But here's the thing....at least here in Minny most of the violent crime is specific to certain locations.  If I see a black dude at the local hardware store, should I be on alert?  Because after all....blacks are more likely to commit violent crimes, right?

I think context plays a role.

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

I might make that choice, and risk being called out for an anti-meat bias and thus evil.....

Or, I might choose to ignore the statistical factors, at my own peril.  I don't smoke, I know the statistical factors. I drink socially, accepting the elevated risk associated, though i do not drink and drive as the statistical factors deliver too high a risk.

So I am risk aware in my statistical bias.

So there are benefits to being racially biased.  That's all you had to say, Ray.

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

I believe a large portion of people are biased.  It's just who we are.

Racist?  No....conservatives....liberals....I don't think a large majority are racist.  

You be you though.

4 hours ago, FeelingMN said:

Link!

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Link!

https://www.livescience.com/37102-vegetarians-live-longer.html

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/what-the-health-claims-a-plant-based-diet-increases-life-expectancy

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27479196

And I'm not a vegetarian.  But as I've gotten older I eat as much veggies as possible and it makes a difference.  

If Happy meals put a smile on your face....cool.

3 hours ago, FeelingMN said:

I believe a large portion of people are biased.  It's just who we are.

Racist?  No....conservatives....liberals....I don't think a large majority are racist.  

You be you though.

I take back being racist as I can’t be by definition, I think. I don’t feel our whole race is better than certain other races.  I do think certain races have different characteristics.  Some good, some not so good..

11 hours ago, bostonlager said:

How could you tell if you asss is clean if you use colored toilet paper?

Why are you trying to get the brown off of you? You focking piece of sh!t racist. I leave it there as a virtue signal. Mud butt or your a nazi white supremist 

A golfer walks into the clubhouse of the local country club. He tells the golf pro behind the counter that he wants to do 18 and he is going to need a caddy. The golf pro informs him that the country club is running a promotion and if he tries out one of their experimental robot caddies, he can golf for free. The golfer agrees and takes out the robot. While on the golf course the robot caddy tells the golfer the wind speed, distance, even how hard to hit which club. He has the best game of his life. The next time the golfer goes to the country club, he tells the golf pro that he wants to do 18 holes and that he wants to get one of the robot caddies. He informs the golfer that they don't have the robot caddies anymore. The golfer, all upset, tells him how great they were and asks him what happened. The golf pro tells him that members were complaining that the sun would reflect of their metallic material and into their eyes. The golfer asks him why they didn't just paint the robots black? The golf pro said that they did, but the next day, 3 of them didn't show up and the other 3 robbed the pro shop 

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/sportsjokes/golfjokes/robotcaddyjokes.html

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2019 at 10:37 PM, DonS said:

Can't wait for the backlash against RACIST Apple products.  Why are iPods white?  STEVE JOBS WAS IN THE KKK!!!! 

They had black ones too. Mine was. Just found two black ipods in my parents house going through mom's stuff the other day. They also had a portable DVD player, a typewriter, and our old Sega genesis with mortal kombat 2 still in it. It's like a technology graveyard up there. 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:35 AM, FeelingMN said:

Robots are people too!