Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Have any of you ever thought about running for office?

Ever consider running for office?  I don't know how many of you live in a democrat district but with the democrats controlling the House and Trump nuking the hell out of the fab 4, maybe some of you could sneak under the radar and get into the chamber.   Would you run as a populist like Trump in 2020 or try to be a moderate in 2020 and maybe even criticize Trump?

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

My campaign slogan:. I'm not Stick!!

I'm not sure what I was going to post but I was going to sign it

~stick

• Haha 1

I’ve been approached on several occasions by the Mayor and others about running for Town Commissioner.  I’ve thought about it.....

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I’ve been approached on several occasions by the Mayor and others about running for Town Commissioner.  I’ve thought about it.....

What is the role of the Town Commissioner?  Light the Bat Signal?  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

What is the role of the Town Commissioner?  Light the Bat Signal?  :dunno:

Suburb town of the capital city.  It’s the Mayor and 8 Commissioners.  Pretty much entry level politics, the town “board” if you will.    You do have to declare a party, and you are on the official ballot for a vote every four years.

To be honest, I just wanna make a yard sign.

Thought about it a few years ago, as a liberal Democrat of course. But I went a different direction with my life and pretty much not gonna happen now, which is probably for the best 

I haven’t yet because....

1. It’s time consuming and my two kids (10 & 7) take up all my free time.  I either coach or help in their extra curricular activities.

2.  I like being.....me.   I feel like I’d have to “represent” any time out and around town.

I am very much invested in my town, want to see it prosper, and have a good reputation.  So maybe one day.  Just not now.

If you ever see me white washing all my posts on this particular low rent message bored you’ll know it’s getting close to time.  

22 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

To be honest, I just wanna make a yard sign.

"Vote sweatervest... vote KSB!"

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

"Vote sweatervest... vote KSB!"

This may be a good spermoff.  Create a Geeks Political Yard Sign / Slogan.  :lol:

56 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This may be a good spermoff.  Create a Geeks Political Yard Sign / Slogan.  :lol:

If you love cats, then go to bat...for Suxbnme!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

If you love cats, then go to bat...for Suxbnme!

Hey, fukko...You love teh kittehs just as much as I do:mad:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdGang said:

I couldn’t put on the act and I’m sure they could dig up some stuff on me. 

What, like bodies?

I don't have money, I've not made any contacts in 20 years, and I couldn't get enough morons in the base of either party to vote for me. And that's tragic because I'm right about everything and the world is losing out by not having me serve as God Emperor.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

What, like bodies?

I’m sure I grabbed some girls butt at the bar 20 years ago. 

Now that I think about it, it would be fun to be in the Arizona state legislature.  We've got some wackadoodles who propose inane bills, mostly on the conservatard side to be honest.  It would be kinda fun to belly laugh at them in open session.

Closest I came was serving on the strategic planning committee for our HS school district.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Now that I think about it, it would be fun to be in the Arizona state legislature.  We've got some wackadoodles who propose inane bills, mostly on the conservatard side to be honest.  It would be kinda fun to belly laugh at them in open session.

Closest I came was serving on the strategic planning committee for our HS school district.  :dunno:

I served in several positions in my fraternity.  That's as close as I'll come.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

I served in several positions in my fraternity.  That's as close as I'll come.

Good point, I did that too.  I also handed out stickers in front of a polling place supporting the then new Cardinals stadium initiative.  I wanted a team here dadblammit and they were going to leave if they were stuck in Sun Devil Stadium.  

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Good point, I did that too.  I also handed out stickers in front of a polling place supporting the then new Cardinals stadium initiative.  I wanted a team here dadblammit and they were going to leave if they were stuck in Sun Devil Stadium.  

I did the same when the Titans stadium was on the nashville ballot.

In hindsight, it might have been better when we didn't have a team. Got better games on TV, and I could just watch football in general rather than being tied to a franchise that is a master of mediocrity. 

I was nominated to run on the libertarian ticket for state senate, but had to refuse due to the hatch act.

Fiscal conservative, social moderate.  I worked for a goo congressman and am well known in the area and get asked this all the time.  The answer is probably no though because state legislators make about 36k per year, put up with tons of and I would have to temper what I post here or end up like stick.

25 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

I write my self in for Sheriff when it comes up on the ballot, because it's focking stupid to have sheriffs in Massachusetts.

Is it because you have no crime or because the sheriff's office is redundant since the Crips and Bloods do all the police work themselves anyway?

22 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Fiscal conservative, social moderate.  I worked for a goo congressman and am well known in the area and get asked this all the time.  The answer is probably no though because state legislators make about 36k per year, put up with tons of and I would have to temper what I post here or end up like stick.

"Make about 36k" but all those sweet sweet kick backs.