Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Is there a way to stop the shootings?

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

The one here in Ohio was a Liz Warren loving homosexual. I would blame Fauxchohontas first, and look around at the other dems that have been on stage here of late. I would also blame FauxcoNegro (Harris) as well. 

What about that one freak who had a YouTube channel? Some Iranian girl I think. She did the one in California 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So Trump had zero influence on these last two shooters?

No.  Just like I never said Obama had influence on the shooters from 2008-2016.

I think the majority of the blame falls on the sensationalizing from the MSM and poor parenting.  Remember when baseball, football, and alike had problems with people running on the field?  Do you remember how they significantly reduced it?  They stopped showing the people running on the field/court.  Hmmm....

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

The problem with everyone packing heat is if you don't kill him by the time the cops arrive, then you are a target if they see you with a gun in your hands.

While it's been proven that cops will shoot 'good guys' accidentally, I prefer the option of stopping the assailant vs. waiting 20 minutes for LE to arrive.

It's also been proven that when these shooters are confronted by armed people, they stop attacking innocents and HAVE to focus on the new threat.  That alone can save lives.

But I fully agree that you need to be TRAINED and by someone COMPETENT.

41 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Aside from the school shootings and private homes, the places hit have been pretty random, so it's hard to pinpoint a real pattern of locations.   

There have been 18 multiple person shootings so far this year.  Below is a list of where they occurred.

A Florida Bank

A home in GA

A home in LA

2 diff homes in CA

A home in TX

A mfg plant in IL

A home in MS

An apt in Ohio.

A home in MO

A municipal building in VA

An Indian Reservation in WA

A home in CA

An apt building in MO

A gas station and a bus in CA

A garlic festival in CA

A home in WI

A Wal Mart in TX

A nightlife district in OH

I was just pointing out that guns aren’t the problem but the people who use them are. Those events I mentioned typically have thousands upon thousands of people attending them, alcohol is involved and yet no one ever get hurt. 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No.  Just like I never said Obama had influence on the shooters from 2008-2016.

OK then.  We disagree.  I'm not trying to place the majority of blame on Trump because I know that's not true.  I think he needs to shut up and quit enticing this violence though.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

OK then.  We disagree.  I'm not trying to place the majority of blame on Trump because I know that's not true.  I think he needs to shut up and quit enticing this violence though.

The democrats and MSM are doing WAY more than he is.

• Like 2

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Right? Guy is a complete retard. Numerous democrats have called for violence as well as the media over and over for the last 2 years. 

Do you really think there are sane people out there who are not already teetering on the edge of violence who all of sudden, upon reading a Trump tweet, start grabbing guns and going out and shooting people? 

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Maybe.  They are not innocent in this either.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=maxine+waters+calling+to+harass&view=detail&mid=BA3592DC823E61AEB7DCBA3592DC823E61AEB7DC&FORM=VIRE

"...They are not gonna be able to go to a restaurant, they are not going to be able to go to a gas station...."

etc.... You go democrat!!

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Right? Guy is a complete retard. Numerous democrats have called for violence as well as the media over and over for the last 2 years. 

I'm a retard?  Take it easy Francis.

soooooooooooooooooooooooo to no one's surprise. a thread with an honest question, devolves into a political sissy slap fight. Yes, it's the senators and president's and politician's fault, incels are shooting up malls and people :wacko:

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

Do you really think there are sane people out there who are not already teetering on the edge of violence who all of sudden, upon reading a Trump tweet, start grabbing guns and going out and shooting people? 

I do people that someone like Trump could be the final reason why they decide to go over the edge.  That's not to say that something else couldn't have done it if Trump weren't President though.  I just wish Trump would shut up with some of the crap he says to incite violence within his base.  I don't care for Democrats to do it either and they are just as stupid.

If the democrats are insist that rhetoric is the problem, then maxine waters should lose her seat today.  No waiting.  Remove her.  She openly called for people to confront republicans and this shooter in dayton is a liberal.    No debate.  Just remove her.  

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I do people that someone like Trump could be the final reason why they decide to go over the edge.  That's not to say that something else couldn't have done it if Trump weren't President though.  I just wish Trump would shut up with some of the crap he says to incite violence within his base.  I don't care for Democrats to do it either and they are just as stupid.

wow.  you are brainwashed too? :(

1 minute ago, edjr said:

wow.  you are brainwashed too? :(

Nope.  Formed the opinion on my own.  You don't have to agree with me.

35 minutes ago, MDC said:

I still have no idea what your point is or what Chicago has to do with whether everyone concealed carrying would have a net positive or negative impact on gun violence. 

Oh, we are back to CC, I thought it was sample size relevance.  I say, let's look at the 9 million for CC stats, despite the fact it's a miniscule sample size. 

Mention Chicago all you want, but a lot of red states have the highest gun deaths per capita in the country.  https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/death-by-gun-top-20-states-with-highest-rates/

If we wanna be honest about unnecessary gun deaths, we're gonna have to include all gun deaths.

And I haven't read the entire thread, maybe it has been mentioned but I think a huge contributing factor....other than being able to readily purchase high powered weaponry.....is the fact that we spend so much time online compared to 20-30 years ago.  This type of behavior isolates us and promotes mental issues.  https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/your-online-secrets/201608/new-link-between-depression-and-social-media-use

I think you see some of that at this place.  People are really angry....despite having these supposedly great lives.  Mad at the media.  At liberals.  At Trump.  And they spend hours here...and other sites....pounding their keyboard over society's ills.  And when you're doing that for hours each day....you're not talking with your neighbors or coworkers or kids. You're not connecting with anyone.  I think it has a negative impact.  

So increased isolation combined with mental issues combined with easily obtained guns and yeah, you're gonna get this type of thing.  Rather than pointing the finger, get some fresh air.  Talk to some folks.  Be a part of the community.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Oh, we are back to CC, I thought it was sample size relevance.  I say, let's look at the 9 million for CC stats, despite the fact it's a miniscule sample size. 

What are you babbling about? You brought up Chicago and I have no idea why. I already said I don’t think you can extrapolate out 9 million to cover every adult in the US. If you have a point just state it in English.

2 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

"Terrorists are terrorists" is such a profound statement.  You're the guy railing against white supremacists on the El Paso shooting thread and generally ranting against racist white people all the time, among other things.

You lost interest here because the Dayton shooter was a leftist Antifa type, with views that align with your own.

Honestly, I don't know much about Antifa. I hear they are evil, and a large group wants to declare them a terrorist organization, but I guess the media isn't covering their terrorist attacks that kill lots of folks properly.

As for my railing against white supremacists and racists, that really shouldn't offend you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FeelingMN said:

Mention Chicago all you want

Chicago. Just a mess.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I don’t get the obsession with Chicago. There are a lot of murders there and that sucks. I definitely don’t think there would be fewer gun murders if every Chicagoan were carrying.

It's a way to bag on Obama. At least that is how I recall is starting...... A quick google search says Chicago has the 25th highest murder rate in the US. Probably half the list is in Conservative strongholds, half liberal. But Obama.

5 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

It's a way to bag on Obama. At least that is how I recall is starting...... A quick google search says Chicago has the 25th highest murder rate in the US. Probably half the list is in Conservative strongholds, half liberal. But Obama.

https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/featured/common-sense-central/content/2019-07-30-the-most-violent-cities-in-america-are-all-run-by-democrats/

https://alphanewsmn.com/alyssa-ahlgren-the-democratic-destruction-of-americas-cities/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I never understood why everyone chooses to focus on Chicago either.  Strange.

Doesnt matter what state...Illinois, Alabama, Maryland.  Its the democratic sh!tholes inside these states.  Chicago, Birmingham, Baltimore.  

Just now, Fireballer said:

Doesnt matter what state...Illinois, Alabama, Maryland.  Its the democratic sh!tholes inside these states.  Chicago, Birmingham, Baltimore.  

What is St. Louis?

18 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

"Rate".  Please. Fun with numbers. 

I never understood why everyone chooses to focus on Chicago either.  Strange.

Cause it's a violent shlthole. Just because there are a lot of white people that live on the north shore that bring balance to the crime stats, doesn't mean the brown neighborhoods aren't some of the worst in the world.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What is St. Louis?

The Mercatus Center’s 2018 ranking of the best and worst states based on fiscal conditions showed that out of the top 10 best states, only one was Democrat controlled while out of the top 10 worst states, only one was under Republican leadership. The top five most violent cities are Detroit, St. Louis, Oakland, Baltimore, and Memphis. The top five dirtiest cities are New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. Each major urban area runs par with some of the worst metrics. What do these cities have in common? Local governance is under Democratic control and have suffered from liberal policies for years. 

Peenie rules dictate I delete this as its now beyond too many pages. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm a retard?  Take it easy Francis.

I mean it was a pretty retarded statement 

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

it's no different than immigration. Once Trump started to harp on it, they changed their tune

Never heard anything about the detention centers and kids in cages when Obama was President, when Trump is President they are called concentration camps. Typical liberal hypocrites.

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I mean it was a pretty retarded statement 

In your opinion.  I disagree, especially compared to a lot of the crap spewed in these threads.  It's pretty bad but that's the theme here.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

To be fair nearly every major city in the country has a Democratic mayor and violent crime has declined across the board for decades.

That doesn't change the fact about the conditions and crime in those cities.

Some perspective: National murder rates are at their lowest levels in decades. Since 2010, the number of homicides per 100,000 people in the nation has remained steady, fluctuating between a low of 4.4 and and a high of 4.9, year after year. Yet it is also true that after a long decline, murder rates have shot up in many urban areas, including Chicago, Houston, and Baltimore. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

soooooooooooooooooooooooo to no one's surprise. a thread with an honest question, devolves into a political sissy slap fight. Yes, it's the senators and president's and politician's fault, incels are shooting up malls and people :wacko:

Yep.  Sad that the so people see every issue as either a liberal or conservative problem.  This is neither.  It's just a focking problem, and a pretty serious one.  

• Like 1