Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Is there a way to stop the shootings?

https://www.wfaa.com/article/opinion/dale-hansen-commentary-white-guys-like-the-two-shooters-this-weekend-never-represent-the-race-or-religion-only-the-hispanics-and-the-muslims-do/287-0997faaf-03ec-4660-8bf6-0de0f97ee708

I am curious - why is it when a guy named Gonzales or Amir commits a crime, it's Hate based.....

When an Anglo from Allen, Texas or Clinton, Iowa (S. Paddock) commits a crime - it's mental health based?

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/opinion/dale-hansen-commentary-white-guys-like-the-two-shooters-this-weekend-never-represent-the-race-or-religion-only-the-hispanics-and-the-muslims-do/287-0997faaf-03ec-4660-8bf6-0de0f97ee708

I am curious - why is it when a guy named Gonzales or Amir commits a crime, it's Hate based.....

When an Anglo from Allen, Texas or Clinton, Iowa (S. Paddock) commits a crime - it's mental health based?

It's a very fair argument.

Of course mental health is the root cause....no sane person does this.   That needs to be addressed best we can.   With that said I'd venture to say half the guns currently available for purchase aren't needed for self protection or hunting.   There has to be a balance between individual rights and societal safety. 

16 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

I posted this on a local newspaper facebook page.  I said "what do you notice?"  and 4 responses in, someone called me a racist. LOL!  I didn't say anything other than "What do you notice?"

How is that racist?  Like, uhh...wouldn't they be the one with the "problem" ?

12 minutes ago, BLS said:

It appears that mental health is very much in play in regards to the Dayton Shooter.

This blogger used to date him: https://medium.com/@_adeliajohnson_/my-ex-boyfriend-was-the-dayton-shooter-2b7f2d792b68

She sounds like a looney tune as well. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

Old news. If you notice the libs only mention El Paso now

16 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Of course mental health is the root cause....no sane person does this.   That needs to be addressed best we can.   With that said I'd venture to say half the guns currently available for purchase aren't needed for self protection or hunting.   There has to be a balance between individual rights and societal safety. 

Freedom means the sacrifice of safety.

Safety means the sacrifice of freedom.

Choose wisely.

Have we considered killing all the humans?

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Because they don't yell out Alah-Akbar when they are doing their deed? And when blacks and hisoanics do it, it is categorized as gang violence even tough it's the same result. Get it now? 

Latest reasons for mass shootings...misogyny and boys are "broken"  courtesy of usatoday.

Male shaming is the only criticism still allowable in culture.

54 minutes ago, BLS said:

It appears that mental health is very much in play in regards to the Dayton Shooter.

This blogger used to date him: https://medium.com/@_adeliajohnson_/my-ex-boyfriend-was-the-dayton-shooter-2b7f2d792b68

We also were very open about our mental illnesses from the very beginning. He told me that he had bipolar disorder and possibly OCD; that didn’t scare me, some of the sweetest people I know have those conditions. I told him that I have depression, generalized anxiety, and ADD.

What a puss filled society we have created. Look at these 2 retards. Man up biatches.

21 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Have we considered killing all the humans?

Us humans are fine. Its the sub-humans that are the problem.

19 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I think hyper realistic and violent first person shooter games opened the door.

As for whoever said that yeah but other countries have those games too... they don’t have nearly as easy access to guns. The games create the fantasy but ease of access to assault rifles and such make it a reality.

I don't believe that for even half a second.

13 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Any word on whether on not either of these last 2 losers were on phsyc meds 

THAT is the real link here I think. I mean. We alllllll know that big pharma would never lie to us about how dangerous these ssri inhibitors are(see the opioid crisis)

I think the mental health things is a bit of a red herring.  The percentage of people here with mental health issues is really no different than other countries.  What is different here than those other countries?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think the mental health things is a bit of a red herring.  The percentage of people here with mental health issues is really no different than other countries.  What is different here than those other countries?

The mental health angle is what people bring up when they don’t want to talk about guns. You’ll notice these folks never actually have any proposals for expanding mental health. 

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

The mental health angle is what people bring up when they don’t want to talk about guns. You’ll notice these folks never actually have any proposals for expanding mental health. 

Thats dumb. You really think a crazy person hell bent on destruction is gonna stop because they can't find a suitable gun?

A car plowing through a crowd is far more dangerous and everyone would have access to that if guns were gone. 

Saying that its not a mental health issue when it clearly is makes you sound willfully stupid . 

I clearly do not have the answers here. But ruling out mental health because it does not fit your agenda is not helping either. 

• Like 2

What angle are libs avoiding when they don't want to talk about 500 murders a year in Chicago? :dunno:

54 minutes ago, lod001 said:

We also were very open about our mental illnesses from the very beginning. He told me that he had bipolar disorder and possibly OCD; that didn’t scare me, some of the sweetest people I know have those conditions. I told him that I have depression, generalized anxiety, and ADD.

What a puss filled society we have created. Look at these 2 retards. Man up biatches.

It reminds me of when I was slinging final expense life insurance policies. I was talking to this dude and the questions I had to ask were are you currently employed or receiving SSI to which he replied he was unemployed and receiving SSI. As required I asked him what condition he had that warranted him to receive that benefit and I shhit you not his answer was "because I'm sad." This motherfuckker was receiving SSI and didn't have to work because he was focking sad!!! Well godddamnit I'm sad too and want my sad money now. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Usually when a non-white person commits a crime like that the name and/or photo is withheld for at least 48 hours.  I find that curious.  I find it even more curious that when a white guy commits these crimes, twitter and liberal pundits start the "white supremacist" terrorism angle.  The media doesn't hesitate to show those photos and release those names and when we see who the perp was, they're always focked up looking.

19 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I don't really know what I'm talking about, so I'll leave another useless comment in this thread.

Thanks for your contribution.

20 hours ago, FeelingMN said:

Illinois, New York, and California all have high populations consisting of certain ethnic groups.  Yet Oklahoma and Alaska have a higher gun murder rate.  And yes, I'm not burying my head in the sand with regard to gang violence in metro areas....and most of it is blacks.  I get it.  But if it was exclusively a minority/liberal cause for gun violence, you'd expect to see Illinois, New York, California, Massachusetts, Washington, and Minnesota with higher rates of gun murders.  But they don't.  So it's not simply a left/right or white/black thing.  

But yeah, I hear your point.....don't go into the hood.

https://www.politifact.com/new-york/statements/2018/feb/23/claudia-tenney/do-many-mass-shooters-end-being-democrats-rep-tenn/

I mentioned gun violence in red states because it does happen.  Blaming these sorts of things purely on the left is inaccurate.  My posts above had nothing to do with mass shootings in red states.  And as far as most mass shooters being a registered democrat?  Not seeing it.  But whatever helps you hold that pitchfork.

Here's a Twitter thread with all kinds of useful information.

44 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Thats dumb. You really think a crazy person hell bent on destruction is gonna stop because they can't find a suitable gun?

A car plowing through a crowd is far more dangerous and everyone would have access to that if guns were gone. 

Saying that its not a mental health issue when it clearly is makes you sound willfully stupid . 

I clearly do not have the answers here. But ruling out mental health because it does not fit your agenda is not helping either. 

Lot of stupid here. 

Sure a crazy person could take people out with a car or knife or hammer. They tend to use guns because that’s a more efficient way to take out as many people as possible. Otherwise we’d have a mass stabbing or vehicular homicide every few weeks. You think it’s a coincidence that they all use guns? 

Also I never said it isn’t a mental health issue. I said people bring up the mental health aspect when they have no intention of doing anything to improve mental health in the US solely to take the focus off of guns. Trump can say it’s a mental health issue and he’s not wrong but he also has no intention of doing anything about it. 

HTH

This suggestion is out there, but what about putting some sort of microchip in firearms. Then commercial areas could set up a sort of reverse electric fence where whenever these weapons entered certain areas they would be electronically deactivated. Probably would be a whole lot more hassle time and cost if it was even reasonably possible but just throwing out what crossed my mind. Obviously plenty of guns already in circulation but I guess if most all other countries could get on board with the same thing who knows it might help certain possible instances in the future. Can’t wait for u all to tell me how dumb this is so have at it

then Security guards at areas like malls and such could have a code or electronic clearance where their weapons would work within certain areas

27 minutes ago, josh wiley said:

This suggestion is out there, but what about putting some sort of microchip in firearms. Then commercial areas could set up a sort of reverse electric fence where whenever these weapons entered certain areas they would be electronically deactivated. Probably would be a whole lot more hassle time and cost if it was even reasonably possible but just throwing out what crossed my mind. Obviously plenty of guns already in circulation but I guess if most all other countries could get on board with the same thing who knows it might help certain possible instances in the future. Can’t wait for u all to tell me how dumb this is so have at it

That would violate people's rights.  It would never fly with conservatives and the NRA.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That would violate people's rights.  It would never fly with conservatives and the NRA.

Its just a dumb idea and not feasible. 

1. How are you going to microchip the 300 million guns in the US today? Who is going to pay for it?

2. What are you going to do when only law abiding citizens show up to have their guns chipped?

3. What are you going to do when the thugs go on youtube and watch a video on how to remove the chip?

This fantasy idea will do nothing to reduce crime, it only puts a burden on those that obey the law. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We've also had assault rifles for decades, why are mass shootings going up?  And I'd be interested to see if your claim about mental health rates is accurate, because it seems like we've raised an entire generation of people with zero skills to cope with adversity, and who embrace having something "different" about themselves.  :(

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I've mentioned it often; I think mental health is the key but I don't know the answer.  I'm hesitant to let the government just take someone's gun because somebody accuses them of being crazy, and I'm hesitant to dissuade people from seeking help. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Its just a dumb idea and not feasible. 

1. How are you going to microchip the 300 million guns in the US today? Who is going to pay for it?

2. What are you going to do when only law abiding citizens show up to have their guns chipped?

3. What are you going to do when the thugs go on youtube and watch a video on how to remove the chip?

This fantasy idea will do nothing to reduce crime, it only puts a burden on those that obey the law. 

That's all very true.  I was going with a more simple answer.  No way 2nd Amendment advocates would ever allow it because they would say it violates their rights.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's all very true.  I was going with a more simple answer.  No way 2nd Amendment advocates would ever allow it because they would say it violates their rights.

I know, your typical smartasss response, but in reality it stops with the fact it's a dumb idea before advocates even are asked to debate it. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I know, your typical smartasss response, but in reality it stops with the fact it's a dumb idea before advocates even are asked to debate it. 

What?  How was I being a smart ass?  I was agreeing with you.  What's your deal?

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What?  How was I being a smart ass?  I was agreeing with you.  What's your deal?

Maybe I'm being too skeptical today, but your quote above appears to be painted with sarcasm and smartassery. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

Maybe I'm being too skeptical today, but your quote above appears to be painted with sarcasm and smartassery. 

Not at all.  That's exactly what would happen.  Do you think the NRA would let that happen?  Don't you think that the majority of gun owners would feel their rights are being violated if they had to do it?  I know plenty of gun owners that would be pissed.  I own guns and it wouldn't bother me all that much because I don't use them all that often but I can see why some would be upset.

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I've mentioned it often; I think mental health is the key but I don't know the answer.  I'm hesitant to let the government just take someone's gun because somebody accuses them of being crazy, and I'm hesitant to dissuade people from seeking help. :dunno:

You mean abridge someone's Constitutional rights on the basis of a mental health evaluation by other humans.  Slippery slope.

Chipping firearms completely defeats the purpose of the second amendment and is stupid. Since the government would have control of when those chips activated or deactivated. Really shortsighted idea.