Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Is there a way to stop the shootings?

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, most guns used in the commission of a crime are purchased on the street. Sure some are stolen, but not that many. So, lets find  the  actual source of all these illegal weapons.  Where do the ones that aren't stolen come from? 

Stolen then sold on the streets.

The biggest loophole that I see logic in closing is the sale of a pistol from one individual to another individual without a background check. It's insane these days to consider doing that given the liability you'd now face if that guy isn't permitted to own the weapon you sold him then uses it to commit murder. 

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

Stolen then sold on the streets.

The biggest loophole that I see logic in closing is the sale of a pistol from one individual to another individual without a background check. It's insane these days to consider doing that given the liability you'd now face if that guy isn't permitted to own the weapon you sold him then uses it to commit murder. 

Stolen how? Burglary? Hijacking? 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Stolen how? Burglary? Hijacking? 

As I indicated earlier with the firemen here in Georgia. Break into vehicles, homes, etc.... The thieves know the majority of firemen are carrying but can't take them into firehouse so they must leave them in vehicles. They wait til the middle of the night or cause a fire where the dept responds and break in while the firemen are away. It's just one example. Another is thieves use a vehicle to breach a firearms store and loot the place. 

35 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

As I indicated earlier with the firemen here in Georgia. Break into vehicles, homes, etc.... The thieves know the majority of firemen are carrying but can't take them into firehouse so they must leave them in vehicles. They wait til the middle of the night or cause a fire where the dept responds and break in while the firemen are away. It's just one example. Another is thieves use a vehicle to breach a firearms store and loot the place. 

Thats some of it, but not a whole lot. What about the majority of weapons? Where do they come from? 

7 hours ago, BLS said:

As much as I loathe the federal government, I'm completely OK with them redirecting some of the billions they piss away on bullshit and start helping those with mental health issues.

Instead of helping them, we incarcerate them.  Then we wonder why we have mental health problems.

No, we don't. They're back on the street before the arresting cops. They're mostly clogging up shelters.