Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

How much is seeing in color worth to you?

Is there any amount of money you could be given, in exchange for giving up color eyesight?

So, for $1 million tax free, would allow your eyesight to be black and white starting tomorrow, for the rest of your life?

$2 million?
$5 million?
$500 million?

Just now, MDC said:

For $1 million? Sure. Without hesitation.

Uff da.  I don't know. 

Ya could look at it like "What would change? " as in...you could function 100%, but...you could also look at it as "that's a huge change"  and it would like...send you into depression or something. 

1 minute ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Uff da.  I don't know. 

Ya could look at it like "What would change? " as in...you could function 100%, but...you could also look at it as "that's a huge change"  and it would like...send you into depression or something. 

A million dollars tax free is life changing money. Being colorblind would seriously impact my ability to do my job but I’d get by. 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

A million dollars tax free is life changing money. Being colorblind would seriously impact my ability to do my job but I’d get by. 

Is it life changing though? A million tax free changes nothing for me other than additional financial security.

I still have to work and live in the same house. 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Is it life changing though? A million tax free changes nothing for me other than additional financial security.

I still have to work and live in the same house. 

Exactly

Living in black and white is way more life changing that a million dollars

3 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Exactly

Living in black and white is way more life changing that a million dollars

You guys must really like colors.

Just now, MDC said:

You guys must really like colors.

It's the best way to avoid mass shooters

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

It's the best way to avoid mass shooters

Run away from the red hats and white faces. :thumbsup: 

I have a family and two young boys.  An extra million would be amazing.....

I'd probably do it for 1M.  No less though.............

The thought of tax free money sickens me.  Who is going to pay for Military tranny surgery?  I'll keep the color.

Hell no am I going to fvck with my eyesight for a few extra bucks. No amount of money is worth it.

I value being able to differentiate between a pretty pink vagina and one that looks like old rubber bands. 

• Haha 1

I think the equation for me is:

x=(2t+lp)*pricing factor

where

t is the value I would place on my toe that is equivalent to the ring finger.

lp is the value i place on my left pinky finger

and the pricing factor is how much more i value color vision than each of these appendiges.

I would cut off each of my ring finger toes for 300k each, my pinky is probably worth a cool 800k.

This means the formula is starting to be simplified.

x=(1.4 million) * a pricing factor

The pricing factor would vary on any given day, but right now it is around 8.32.

This means I would give up my color vision in some arbitrary, hypothetical, situation for 11.648 million dollars tax free.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I value being able to differentiate between a pretty pink vagina and one that looks like old rubber bands. 

If you stretch a rubber band out more than it’s natural capacity it never snaps back and won’t ever feel right again. :(

11 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I've had color for 49 1/2 years - I'm good, give me the $$.

That would totally fock you depth perception and you would be a 17-20 handicap the rest of your life.  Sure you can deal with that?

Just now, Bert said:

That would totally fock you depth perception and you would be a 17-20 handicap the rest of your life.  Sure you can deal with that?

Na - I'm one of the few guys who never wears a hat. In our Texas ovens - I'm always squinting anyway, I'd prolly notice it less than most.

Probably no amount of money unless we’re talking serious fock you money... 25 mil+ 

My sense of smell I would probably do for substantially less. 

41 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Probably no amount of money unless we’re talking serious fock you money... 25 mil+ 

My sense of smell I would probably do for substantially less. 

That would seriously impact the way your food tastes. Also, never smelling your own farts again? That would suck.

• Like 1

I don’t think I could do it for anything less than $50M.  That’s enough to set my wife and sons up for life.  Even then, it would be tough.  

I wouldn’t be able to run my current business so I’d have to find something else to do.   

I’d wanna do some traveling but I’d have to plan things differently.

No reason to see the Emerald Isle or the leaves changing in New England if you’re color blind  

And I imagine the Sistine Chapel and the Mona Lisa aren’t quite as cool in black and white.   

I’d also have to play all pick up basketball games in shirts or skins.  That would probably annoy some people.  

I'd strongly consider it.  That's life changing money for me and my family.  

Don't they make glasses for people who can't see color?  I'd just buy a pair of those.

9 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Traffic lights are going to be a challenge. 

Maybe.. But really - how much of the light color dictates your motion?

Most of the time you can tell by the way other lanes are reacting.

29 minutes ago, MDC said:

That would seriously impact the way your food tastes. Also, never smelling your own farts again? That would suck.

I bet you throw great parties. Newbs over in the corner tongue deep in some winches shhithole, an eagles game on in the background, you sitting in a chair drinking a light beer with your feet pulled up by your ears, buttercupping your own stink. 🤮

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I thought they picked those colors because they appear different to colorblind people?

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

I bet you throw great parties. Newbs over in the corner tongue deep in some winches shhithole, an eagles game on in the background, you sitting in a chair drinking a light beer with your feet pulled up by your ears, buttercupping your own stink. 🤮

It moved.

You guys would instant regret it. No way. I'm not giving up any of my senses for any amount of money. Maybe an unimportant toe or finger, but nothing else. 

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You guys would instant regret it. No way. I'm not giving up any of my senses for any amount of money. Maybe an unimportant toe or finger, but nothing else. 

That's what I'm thinking.

So of those that take the $1 million buyout....after a year...they can buy color vision back for $900,000.    One time offer. 

How many do it?

I bet its wayyyyyyyyyy over 50%.  I'd put the over and under at 91%. 

Are the people on this site so poverty stricken that they are willing to sell off senses and/or body parts? Or do they just not use their senses all that often for any interesting reasons? Shlt. That's sad.

4 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

cant you still see which light is brightest?

I am going 25 mil though as my number, I can then pay some schlub to follow me around and tell me what color everything is

ps.  I already can't distinguish quite a few colors so I dont see it as that big of a deal

7 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

A good friend of mine is color blind. Air Force Vet. He wired B-52's in Vietnam. :o

The guy had a successful powder coating business for years. It's all about shades for him. 

I would. 

That's life changing money and I'd adapt.

9 hours ago, MDC said:

You wouldn't be able to tell which coffee had cream?

6 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

6 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Maybe.. But really - how much of the light color dictates your motion?

Most of the time you can tell by the way other lanes are reacting.

6 hours ago, MDC said:

I thought they picked those colors because they appear different to colorblind people?

Actually red/green colorblindness is the most common I believe, so many people already can't differentiate traffic lights.  That's why red is always on top and green on bottom (or red on left and green on right).