Sign in to follow this  
sderk

NYT - Trump Visits the Grieving, and Stokes Divisions

Can't even believe how kind and generous and nice and all inclusive and non identity separating democratic folks we have in politics, and yet we have this horrific Trump in office who doesn't give a shlt what color or race or sex anyone is. Oh my, how will we ever get by?

Oh, and then the media.... 

The result was the latest example of Mr. Trump’s penchant for inflaming divisions at moments when other presidents have tried to soothe them, and further proof of his staff’s inability to persuade him to follow the norms of presidential behavior.

Walk tall and carry a big stick.

This sounds like a more typical NYT headline. They must have learned their lesson after accidentally reporting the truth yesterday.

Do they not realize that we know they are lying? Really??

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Do they not realize that we know they are lying? Really??

They lie with impunity. 

All the news that's fit to print. If the Twitter mob says it's ok. 

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

Change of headline to the article. I guess they decided to not like the "Trump Visits the Grieving" part. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/08/07/us/politics/trump-el-paso-dayton-shootings.amp.html

Trump Uses a Day of Healing to Deepen the Nation’s Divisions

The NYT will be on pins and needles while the left Gestapo deliberates on the headline.  

2 hours ago, 12th Man said:

They lie with impunity. 

And we know how much you righties are such sticklers for the truth!   :lol::lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

And we know how much you righties are such sticklers for the truth!   :lol::lol::lol:

Are you blaming the right for lies by the left? :unsure:

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

I think he/her is.

15 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor. 

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

36 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Nah, it's just your typical faux outrage from the left.  Just ignore it and move on.

The government should put a clamp down on these hateful divisive violence causing anti American propaganda organizations.  

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

What is so funny about your nonsense? Seriously. You lefties are the most unfunny people on the planet.  

12 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm just glad we still have a President who wouldn't use a tragedy to score cheap political points.   :thumbsup:

Fixed for ya 

14 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm just glad we have a President who wouldn't use a tragedy to score cheap political points.   :thumbsup:

Like when Obama went to the site of mass shootings? 

32 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm just glad we have a President who wouldn't use a tragedy to score cheap political points.   :thumbsup:

There's hope for Honcho.  :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like when Obama went to the site of mass shootings? 

Remember when that dirtbag inspired with his daily cop hate ...that scumbag in Dallas who took out 5 or 6 cops...then Obama went down there to criticize cops again ? 

He was an awful human being and a disgrace to this nation. Thankfully his legacy has been almost completely wiped of the map. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Remember when that dirtbag inspired with his daily cop hate ...that scumbag in Dallas who took out 5 or 6 cops...then Obama went down there to criticize cops again ? 

He was an awful human being and a disgrace to this nation. Thankfully his legacy has been almost completely wiped of the map. 

He definetly made it ok to dehumanize cops. There was always a portion of the populace that did, but momjeans made it ok for the masses. 

3 hours ago, drobeski said:

The government should put a clamp down on these hateful divisive violence causing anti American propaganda organizations.  

You want the government to control the media?

Face it, people are going to have different opinions than you.  If there are lies in the reporting, point them out.  Prove it.  Having the government clamp down on the press because you don't like the message?  About as unAmerican as it gets.

As far as the article goes...I don't think there is much wrong with it.  Trump's reaction after the shootings was to tell Beto to shut up and get all defensive with people criticizing him.  And the WH tweeting out how he was a Rockstar at the Dayton Hospital.  Kinda tone deaf and sends the wrong message.

I do side with you guys about the Charlottesville misquote.  I've gone back and looked at the actual transcript of what was said.  I think he made a fair point and it's disingenuous of the media to keep prompting that exchange to prove Trump somehow encourages White Nationalists.  He maybe should have been stronger in distancing himself from that crowd but I don't think the Charlottesville episode proves anything.

7 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

You want the government to control the media?

Face it, people are going to have different opinions than you.  If there are lies in the reporting, point them out.  Prove it.  Having the government clamp down on the press because you don't like the message?  About as unAmerican as it gets.

As far as the article goes...I don't think there is much wrong with it.  Trump's reaction after the shootings was to tell Beto to shut up and get all defensive with people criticizing him.  And the WH tweeting out how he was a Rockstar at the Dayton Hospital.  Kinda tone deaf and sends the wrong message.

I do side with you guys about the Charlottesville misquote.  I've gone back and looked at the actual transcript of what was said.  I think he made a fair point and it's disingenuous of the media to keep prompting that exchange to prove Trump somehow encourages White Nationalists.  He maybe should have been stronger in distancing himself from that crowd but I don't think the Charlottesville episode proves anything.

Give me a break! The Democrats control the media today.

and the media issues retractions every day that no one sees.

Washington Post 'embarrassed' over gaffe-filled story needing 15 corrections

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-embarrassed-over-gaffe-filled-story-needing-15-corrections

I m not for government control but let’s call it what it is.

4 hours ago, drobeski said:

I loathe what passes for a media today. That said, if the government even attempted to interfere with the press in any way, that is a huge no go. That's third world banana republic sh!t. Just can't do it. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I loathe what passes for a media today. That said, if the government even attempted to interfere with the press in any way, that is a huge no go. That's third world banana republic sh!t. Just can't do it. 

The LIB press got Trump elected as much as anything, with their fake news.  No way anyone on the right gets in the way of the "press".

Just now, TimmySmith said:

The LIB press got Trump elected as much as anything, with their fake news.  No way anyone on the right gets in the way of the "press".

My dad watches a lot of CNN. While I've been here, that means I do too.

You're right about that. CNN is the best friend Trump has. God they are just focking awful. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My dad watches a lot of CNN. While I've been here, that means I do too.

You're right about that. CNN is the best friend Trump has. God they are just focking awful. 

AOC is Trump's bestie. CNN is a close second. MDC a distant third.