Sign in to follow this  
norcaljeff

Keep AJ Green or throw him back for Godwin/Lockett?

I play in a TD heavy format 12 team/ 5 keeper league. Everyone keeps 5 and we draft those thrown back and rookies. It's a non-ppr league with 6 pts per td and 1pt every 25 yards with no bonuses. I am keeping 3 rb and have to choose 2 of the following 3 WR to keep: AJ Green, Tyler Lockett, and Chris Godwin. I like AJ and missing a few games early is ok if with me if he's good to go when he returns. I'm worried the ankle could linger or be re-injured. Lockett has the best QB throwing to him and will receive more targets now that Baldwin is gone. Lot's of excitement and hype surrounding Godwin, especially in Bruce Arian's offense but he's a #2.  If I roll the dice and keep  AJ who else would you keep? Should I keep both Godwin and Lockett because they are younger and healthy to begin the year? I see all three are very close in ADP now, early to mid 5th round. How would you rank these three as keepers? Thanks!

Godwin for sure, then it's down to how you feel about the ankle on AJ.  There's been speculation that it could be longer than a few weeks, can you afford to hold if he's out until week 6?

Depends on when keepers are due. If they're due today, Lockette. If they're due in two weeks and there's good news from the Bungles, keep AJ.

Not even a question, you keep Lockett and Godwin.  

I pick #8 in the redraft. Guessing these 4 WRs J. Edleman, R. Woods, M. Williams, and T. Boyd will be available along with who I throw back as well as 4 running backs (D. Williams, D. Henry, J. Jacobs and D. Montgomery) I can see drafted at or before my pick.  I hate cutting bait on AJ but it seems reasonable to keep the younger and healthier Lockett and Godwin. Is it really that obvious? Im torn, AJ has always been a beast when healthy and was going mid to late 3rd round pre-injury. 

Best advise I received over 30 years ago when I join my first ff league. 

Don’t fall in love with any player, ever.  

Its time young Luke to cut bait. 

Godwin should be a givven. Aj can't seen to stay healthy last few seasons.

Actually I think Lockett would be the given, If it was just Godwin I think it would be a coin flip.