Sign in to follow this  
Gladiators

Are there mics built into PC's?

Guy was in my office this morning talking about how his wife had to put her horse down yesterday.  Talked about horses for 10 minutes or so.  Youtube ad pops up a few minutes ago for horse food.  I've never done a search for anything horse related and I've never had a horse related ad pop up on youtube.  Coincidence?

Yes and as noted in phones too. If I had $1 for every time Siri said "bostonlager, your language or bostonlager, that's racist" I could buy everyone's ability to see in color. 

• Haha 1

I checked the settings on my MacBook Pro. I found the mic settings and it was on (still is actually). I spoke in front of the screen, and the graph registered my voice.  😯

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Yes and as noted in phones too. If I had $1 for every time Siri said "bostonlager, your language or bostonlager, that's racist" I could buy everyone's ability to see in color. 

Bostonlager you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality code

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Bostonlager you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality code

I would be in prison forever if I lived in a Demolition Man world. 

That happened to my wife once. Gloria’s friend “Alice” was over one time and she was wearing a really nice pair of socks, so naturally Gloria started saying “I want your big black socks, give me your big black socks” over and over within earshot of my laptop.

I still get the pop-up ads. :cry:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

My laptop has a built-in mic.  Sometimes it picks up audio in the room if I'm recording too which is annoying.

6 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Get on the mic, Mike :banana:

I’ve been trying to come up with a Beastie Boys line for this. Something about Mike D and MCA, but I gave up. 

searching for horse cack always gets ya

Yea anyone who thinks everything we use isn’t spying on us for advertising purposes is naive. “Oh no it’s just their predictive marketing algorithm. They tracked your daily locations and came to the conclusion that you would be talking about horses that day.” BS.