Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

No Trade Clause

Let's say you're a MLB/NFL player and you want to put in a no trade clause, leaving out state/Canadian  tax implications. What 5 teams would you put in it? Here's mine. 

MLB- Minnesota , Atlanta, Philadelphia , Baltimore, Seattle 

NFL- Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Tennessee, Baltimore, Seattle  

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

NFL has to include Buffalo

I'd say so for most people, but I like it up there for some weird reason. Been to a bunch of games, always had a good time. Plus Toronto is close enough. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'd say so for most people, but I like it up there for some weird reason. Been to a bunch of games, always had a good time. Plus Toronto is close enough. 

Add in Detroit, too.  No way I want to live in those areas, especially during football season.  Teams suck, too.

For baseball, I would not want to play in Tampa or Miami.  No team support and hot as balls.  Throw Detroit into that mix as well.  That city sucks all the time.  :o

35 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

NFL has to include Buffalo

I think for the most part former Buffalo players have said they appreciate the city and the fans a lot

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

I think for the most part former Buffalo players have said they appreciate the city and the fans a lot

That is probably more of a situation where they recruit and draft dumb players.  Given their play, that makes sense.  ;)

20 minutes ago, posty said:

MLB:  Yankees, Mets, Phillies, Red Sox, Marlins

Why the Red Sox? I hate them, but it's a great place to play. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let's say you're a MLB/NFL player and you want to put in a no trade clause, leaving out state/Canadian  tax implications. What 5 teams would you put in it? Here's mine. 

MLB - Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago White Sox, Miami , Minnesota

NFL - Detroit, Cincy, Green Bay, Chicago, Jax 

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why the Red Sox? I hate them, but it's a great place to play. 

Similar to what the Yankees have to deal with, the spot light can make some guys not want to come here.  David Price is miserable because when he sucks (which is quite often), he hears it from the media and he has rabbit ears.  Kyrie Irving was the same way.  Great sports town, but some guys like to just collect their check and not hear the fans.  

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Similar to what the Yankees have to deal with, the spot light can make some guys not want to come here.  David Price is miserable because when he sucks (which is quite often), he hears it from the media and he has rabbit ears.  Kyrie Irving was the same way.  Great sports town, but some guys like to just collect their check and not hear the fans.  

Definetly true, but that's not why for Posty. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

MLB - Minnesota, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington

NFL - Minnesota, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington

MLB - The entire AL East - I don't want anything to do with Canada and would find a way to be on the disabled list if I had to play there. I would also have it in my contract that when I'm injured, you must say I am on the disabled list. None of this PC injury list. 

NFL - Cincinnati - Mike Brown is a focktard.

NYG & NYJ - I don't like NY.

49ers - Don't like gays.

Jax - They go to London every year. I hate Europe. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

MLB - Minnesota, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington

NFL - Minnesota, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington

😀

Why Baltimore?  Camden Yards short porches have gotten many guys paid bigly.  Just look at Machado, Chris Davis, Adam Jones, J.J. Hardy.  

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Why Baltimore?  Camden Yards short porches have gotten many guys paid bigly.  Just look at Machado, Chris Davis, Adam Jones, J.J. Hardy.  

I have a no trade clause. I'm already paid. I actually saw some graffiti on the right field wall at Camden the other night.  

you guys are looking at it all wrong, NFL it wont really matter, so just yah crappy cities/franchises

MLB- Houston, NYY, Bos, Chi, LAD

the 5 best franchises, why?  cause when they want to acquire top talent they have to pay me to waive it

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

you guys are looking at it all wrong, NFL it wont really matter, so just yah crappy cities/franchises

MLB- Houston, NYY, Bos, Chi, LAD

the 5 best franchises, why?  cause when they want to acquire top talent they have to pay me to waive it

And you might miss out on a championship. You'll make more in playoff/ WS shares then they would probably pay. 

MLB: Oakland, Minnesota, Philly, Cinci, Cleveland

NFL: Buffalo, Cinci, Detroit, Cleveland, Philly

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

MLB: Oakland, Minnesota, Philly, Cinci, Cleveland

NFL: Buffalo, Cinci, Detroit, Cleveland, Philly

I'd play for the Indians in a heartbeat. Win there and you're a god for life. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And you might miss out on a championship. You'll make more in playoff/ WS shares then they would probably pay. 

worked for Grienke

NFL - Det, Min, GB, Clev, Chi

MLB - TB, MIA, Cle, Min, Den

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'd play for the Indians in a heartbeat. Win there and you're a god for life. 

Yea - but they're always a bridesmaid. Plus, you'd live in Cleveland.

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Yea - but they're always a bridesmaid. Plus, you'd live in Cleveland.

81 road games. It's not like football where you are stuck most of the time. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

NFL...

Arizona

Cincinnati 

Buffalo

Washington

Detroit

Just badly run organizations all. Anywhere is nice if you're rich, and you only have to live there what, 30% of the year anyway.

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

NFL...

Arizona

Cincinnati 

Buffalo

Washington

Detroit

Just badly run organizations all. Anywhere is nice if you're rich, and you only have to live there what, 30% of the year anyway.

Mini camps, training camp, sep-dec, maybe more. Closer to 50 pct. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

NFL...

Arizona

Cincinnati 

Buffalo

Washington

Detroit

Players LOVE living in DC.  It's home to the richest and most educated AA population in the U.S.  After they retire, they stay.  That's on e of the reasons the Skins don't lose out on many FAs, despite the fact they suck.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Players LOVE living in DC.  It's home to the richest and most educated AA population in the U.S.  After they retire, they stay.  That's on e of the reasons the Skins don't lose out on many FAs, despite the fact they suck.

Sure. Not being AA, that holds little weight with me, and the skins have little chance of winning a title while Daniel Snyder is above ground.

The same could be said for better than half the teams in the league. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sure. Not being AA, that holds little weight with me, and the skins have little chance of winning a title while Daniel Snyder is above ground.

The same could be said for better than half the teams in the league. 

Kirk Cousins sure showed the cache it has for top white players.  I'd be the same.

MLB: Atlanta, Washington, Boston, New York, New York

NFL: Dallas, Washington, NYG, New England, Buffalo

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No Trade Clause

Santa says......🎅 "No regifting!!!"

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

NFL...

Arizona

Cincinnati 

Buffalo

Washington

Detroit

AZ hasn't been poorly run since Michael Bidwill took over the team from his pathetic dad, which was over 10 years ago.  Also the weather can't be beat during most of their time here.  Tons of athletes retire here even if they didn't play here; you can't say that for those other cities.  "Hey honey, now that I'm retired, wanna move to Detroit?"  :lol:

Also, what is with all of the Minny hate?  Too lib for me in the twin cities and cold as fock in the winter, but it seems like a pretty happening city.  My daughter is there for an internship and she really likes it.  :dunno:

12 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Also, what is with all of the Minny hate?  Too lib for me in the twin cities and cold as fock in the winter, but it seems like a pretty happening city.  My daughter is there for an internship and she really likes it.  :dunno:

I picked them for MLB because they are idiots and built an open air baseball stadium  and it doesn't get warm in Minn until July

12 hours ago, jerryskids said:

AZ hasn't been poorly run since Michael Bidwill took over the team from his pathetic dad, which was over 10 years ago.  Also the weather can't be beat during most of their time here.  Tons of athletes retire here even if they didn't play here; you can't say that for those other cities.  "Hey honey, now that I'm retired, wanna move to Detroit?"  :lol:

That whole hire a coach draft a QB, then do it all again the next year thing would beg to differ. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That whole hire a coach draft a QB, then do it all again the next year thing would beg to differ. 

Wilks was a big mistake and the jury is still out on Rosen, but at least they recognized it and moved on.  Tennessee continues to stick with Mariotta.  Welcome to mediocrity, population, you.  😜

Just now, jerryskids said:

Wilks was a big mistake and the jury is still out on Rosen, but at least they recognized it and moved on.  Tennessee continues to stick with Mariotta.  Welcome to mediocrity, population, you.  😜

Mariota is likely gone after this year.

The cards and the Titans are pretty similar actually. Badly run franchises that most of the league forgets even exist. Both went to one super bowl and lost close ones. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Mariota is likely gone after this year.

The cards and the Titans are pretty similar actually. Badly run franchises that most of the league forgets even exist. Both went to one super bowl and lost close ones. 

Yeah, I know.  😢