Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Drafting in the 9th thru 12th spot PPR

1pt rec

1pt 5yards

6pt TD

Once the RB studs are gone as well as Adams and Hopkins, I’m looking to go WR-WR out of:

1-Thomas

2-OBJ

3-Hill

4-Julio

5-JuJu

which pair would you rather have?

Can’t really go wrong. Juju and Hill for upside, Julio and Thomas for high floor. Obj could outscore all of them still! 

• Thanks 1

I want obj and juju

If I end up getting those slots I would be ok with those guys to start 

• Thanks 1

Jones and the Chubb. 

9 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Julio and JuJu

Think JuJu will have a special season.  1,500 yards and 13+ TD.

I totally agree, I’m looking at AB numbers when Big Ben was only looking at him and him only.

1 hour ago, ricanrockers said:

I totally agree, I’m looking at AB numbers when Big Ben was only looking at him and him only.

I am going to stick by Juju not being of the same caliber. I don't think he will dominate top coverage like other top guys in the league can. He will be good no doubt. Just not quite the ceiling some people hope for, imo

• Thanks 1

Remember the general rule of rounds 1-3: get consistent, high scoring players.  Your goal isn't to take risks, its to get consist points from them.  Losing a player from the top 3 rounds is generally a 5-10 pt a week drop in total score. 

Lets look at some stats - Over the past 3 seasons (2016-2018):

PLAYER FPTS/G Top 25 WR games Top 5 WR Games Rank 50 or Below games Games Missed
Michael Thomas 17.7 30 11 7 1
Julio Jones 18.2 26 11 7 2
JuJu Smith-Schuster 16.5 16 6 6 2
Tyreek Hill 16.9 24 10 8 1
Odell Beckham Jr. 18.8 22 4 4 16

So if looking purely at data and not change in situation, Thomas, Julio, and OBJ seem to produce at their expected or higher the most - but OBJ missed a lot of games.  Taking that and change in team into account, I would recommend Julio and Thomas for the first/second round turn picks.

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I am going to stick by Juju not being of the same caliber. I don't think he will dominate top coverage like other top guys in the league can. He will be good no doubt. Just not quite the ceiling some people hope for, imo

It didn't hurt Connor.  And JuJu was a highly touted player coming out of college.  Drafted 62nd overall.  This dude isn't a chump.  

Showed up big in the 2nd half of first year.

Showed up big all last year.

Now he's going to get a chance to be the lead dog in one of the league's elite passing offense.

35 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

It didn't hurt Connor.  And JuJu was a highly touted player coming out of college.  Drafted 62nd overall.  This dude isn't a chump.  

Showed up big in the 2nd half of first year.

Showed up big all last year.

Now he's going to get a chance to be the lead dog in one of the league's elite passing offense.

Exactly. Don’t be the guy who doubted up and coming Antonio Brown when he was becoming the man for Pitt.