Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

McConnell's campaign suspended from Twitter

... for posting critics' profanity-laced video.  Of a profanity-laced protest outside of his house. :rolleyes:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's campaign has been thrown in Twitter jail.

After sharing a video of a profanity-laced protest outside of the Kentucky Republican's home in Louisville, the campaign Twitter account, Team Mitch, has been locked out.

"This morning, Twitter locked our account for posting the video of real-world, violent threats made against Mitch McConnell. This is a problem with the speech police in America today," McConnell campaign manager Kevin Golden told the Courier Journal. "The Lexington Herald-Leader can attack Mitch with cartoon tombstones of his opponents. But we can’t mock it."

"Twitter will allow the words of “Massacre Mitch” to trend nationally on their platform, but locks our account for posting actual threats against us," Golden added. "We appealed and Twitter stood by their decision, saying our account will remain locked until we delete the video."

McConnell, who fractured his shoulder on Sunday, has been under a heated spotlight after two mass shootings that killed more than 30 people and injured several more.

Democrats and other critics have been urging McConnell to take up several gun control measures that proponents believe will stem the violence.

On Monday, Black Lives Matter Louisville leader Chanelle Helm said in a live video of the protest outside of McConnell's Highlands-area home that instead of falling and injuring his shoulder over the weekend, the GOP leader "should have broken his little raggedy, wrinkled-(expletive) neck."

After a man makes a reference to a hypothetical McConnell voodoo doll, Helm replied, "Just stab the m----- f----- in the heart." That comment went viral on Twitter.

In a phone interview with the Courier Journal on Tuesday afternoon, Helm said she doesn't regret her comments.

"McConnell doesn’t care about people who actually do break their necks, who need insulin, who need any type of medication, because they want to stop and prevent health care for all," she said. "And that is something that every American out here wants. There’s only a few Americans who don’t want that, and those people are politicians and their cronies."

https://news.yahoo.com/mcconnells-campaign-suspended-twitter-posting-211249646.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04

Twitter being its usual objective self.  It's getting to the point where it isn't even news.  On a related note, Yahoo seems kinda centrist these days.  Anyone else notice this?

Supposedly Trump is considering an executive order to crack down on the bias of social media.  We shall see.  I'm still waiting for the wall.  :rolleyes:

I’ve been using Bing lately to search news about Trump and it’s pathetic to see how it compares to Google. I will do the same searches and it’s so obvious to see the Google bias.

6 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Supposedly Trump is considering an executive order to crack down on the bias of social media.  We shall see.  I'm still waiting for the wall.  :rolleyes:

Hypothetically, what would his executive order be? 

1 minute ago, cbfalcon said:

Hypothetically, what would his executive order be? 

No idea.  I have just recently seen a couple of article headlines saying as much.  

7 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I'm still waiting for the wall.  :rolleyes:

Yeah. It's sad so many are fighting against it. Bummer for sure.

3 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

#FuckMitchMcConnel

Love him or hate him, it shouldn't be legal for a crowd of people to go outside anyone's house and chant stab the motherfocker.  Only the minds of the wackadoodle left is that considered acceptable.  

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Love him or hate him, it shouldn't be legal for a crowd of people to go outside anyone's house and chant stab the motherfocker.  Only the minds of the wackadoodle left is that considered acceptable.  

I never said it was acceptable. But considering the mountain of sh!t he’s caused the last few weeks, some might say you reap what you sow.

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

I never said it was acceptable. But considering the mountain of sh!t he’s caused the last few weeks, some might say you reap what you sow.

This is the type of warped hate that is part of the problem. What has he caused?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Hand said:

This is the type of warped hate that is part of the problem. What has he caused?

Blocking election security bills. The graveyard photo that was already in poor taste to start with, but was uploaded right after the massacres last weekend. Plus another photo of several young men in Team Mitch shirts, groping and choking a cardboard cutout of AOC. 

Blocking election security bills. The graveyard photo that was already in poor taste to start with, but was uploaded right after the massacres last weekend. Plus another photo of several young men in Team Mitch shirts, groping and choking a cardboard cutout of AOC. 

So what are your thoughts on all the anti Trump pics and videos of people doing awful things?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

So what are your thoughts on all the anti Trump pics and videos of people doing awful things?

I don’t endorse inciting violence from either side. 

Just now, OldMaid said:

How did Mitch incite violence? 

Well whatever you think of Mitch McConnell, it's good that he's been given a first hand look at heavyhanded twitter political bias. Usually they don't fock with people that high profile and powerfl. I don't use twitter or facebook but I do use google and youtube which is intolerable these days -and they're the least bad tech giants.

33 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Typical liberal BS. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

How did Mitch incite violence? 

You either can’t read or are willfully ignorant.

This has to be a sderp handle... Now I know not to respond to you either. 

You either can’t read or are willfully ignorant.

This has to be a sderp handle... Now I know not to respond to you either. 

I hope you get a grasp of reality.

58 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I'm waiting for the #fuckalltheliberalsthatareadvocatingviolence from you. 

42 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Uh huh. 

2 hours ago, OldMaid said:

false

its like nobody even read the bills, the election security bill would have cost at a minimum 300 million dollars

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

I'm waiting for the #fuckalltheliberalsthatareadvocatingviolence from you. 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Uh huh. 

I think Mitch is a despicable human being, but I’m not down with people gathering outside his home and shouting to stab him. No reasonable person would be.

And just like how conservatives are tired of being called dumb and racist.. liberals aren’t too fond of being all lumped together either.

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

false

its like nobody even read the bills

Yeah... there was stuff in there he didn’t ageee with. That’s always the excuse isn’t it?  

I mean, it isn’t like he’s made statements about how he’s proud of his obstructionist behavior.

24 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I think Mitch is a despicable human being, but I’m not down with people gathering outside his home and shouting to stab him. No reasonable person would be.

And just like how conservatives are tired of being called dumb and racist.. liberals aren’t too fond of being all lumped together either.

This thread is about Twitter banning him for posting videos of people being disgusting outside his home.  Are you ok with that?  If not, why even post in the thread?  Just to derail it because you don't like him?  If so you're part of the problem.

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

Yeah... there was stuff in there he didn’t ageee with. That’s always the excuse isn’t it?  

I mean, it isn’t like he’s made statements about how he’s proud of his obstructionist behavior.

elections have consequences sorry

democrats are a party of slippery slopes, I wouldn't let a damn thing pass

here's the deal, the country has been going along just fine for 250 years almost, we dont need more laws/bills/regulations

Don't Tread on Me

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

here's the deal, the country has been going along just fine for 250 years almost, we dont need more laws/bills/regulations

Let me play devils advocate for a moment.

The country has been going along just fine for 250 years almost, thanks to lot of laws/bills/regulations that have kept it on track. 

:dunno:

I rarely agree with McConnell.  I have met him on several occasions and I find him distasteful as a person.

That being said, what the leftists are doing to him is wrong.  He might be a doosh, but that does not mean we get to do this kind of thing to him, or anyone else.

This mob and intimidation tactics are unacceptable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I rarely agree with McConnell.  I have met him on several occasions and I find him distasteful as a person.

That being said, what the leftists are doing to him is wrong.  He might be a doosh, but that does not mean we get to do this kind of thing to him, or anyone else.

This mob and intimidation tactics are unacceptable.

They are the party of intolerance 

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

They are the party of intolerance 

The party of law and order crying when they get punished for breaking the rules.   #Sad

A homeowner should have the right to execute any liberal f@ggot protesting outside their home. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Let me play devils advocate for a moment.

The country has been going along just fine for 250 years almost, thanks to lot of laws/bills/regulations that have kept it on track. 

:dunno:

And the belief in God.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

And the belief in God.

While I don’t believe in God personally, I generally agree that so many choosing to believe in God has served our nation well on the whole. 

2 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

While I don’t believe in God personally, I generally agree that so many choosing to believe in God has served our nation well on the whole. 

Agree on both.

39 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The party of law and order crying when they get punished for breaking the rules.   #Sad

Rules ? Like illegal immigration ones ? Yeah you guys cry about that a lot.