Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Meth Tweekers

Bruce Arians RB's Jones time??

So we have a new coach. A decent amount of offensive talent in Tampa. Barber was not very good. Jones had a rough first year. I seem to think the stars are lined up for him.  The receiving back from last year is gone too. His ADP now is 8.09. I have been loading up on him. 

Anyone know anything or have a reason to believe he won't breakout? 

Anyone know anything or have a reason to believe he won't breakout?

Yes.  He's not very good and the OLine is pretty bad.  On top of that, Winston isn't very good at play action and his mistake-prone style gives defenses the luxury to be able to gamble more often than normal.  Because of that, defenses don't really need to fear the pass and can play to stop the run more so against Tampa than they would had Winston been a better QB.  I think to expect him to be more than a back end RB2/high end RB3 is wishful thinking.  I'd expect a 3.2 ypc with about 650 yards rushing, 35 receptions, 250 yards receiving, and 3 total touchdowns.

Arians is a good coach, but he's incredibly thick headed. It took 12 games of incredible efficiency for DJ to supplant the skeleton of Chris Johnson. At times it seems any play that goes for less than 20 yards is a waste of time for him and with that receiving core, he's drooling at the deep play opportunities. If one of the RBs goes into his dog house, he may never come out of it. I'm staying away unless I hear something glowing about one. 

Jones as more talent then Barber, but couldn’t beat him out last season. 

I think Jones as a problem and it’s not talent. 

Its didication. 

Im not going to trust Jones, unless I can get him real late, like a rb5. 

3 hours ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

I have grabbed him as a RB4 or RB5 in quite a few mocks. starting RB's have value. Let's see if he ever makes it.

A 4 or 5, nothing wrong with that.

3 hours ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

I have grabbed him as a RB4 or RB5 in quite a few mocks. starting RB's have value. Let's see if he ever makes it.

Definitely worth it in this range 

Not sure if he will breakout exactly but I think he wins the majority of the carries and catches....in what looks like a talented offense.   Could easily be a steal for where he is being drafted.

He has talent.  Can hit the homerun.  

I am stacking up on Evans, Godwin, Jones, and Winston. A rare year where you can have all of these guys in a redraft on what looks to be one of the higher scoring offenses. I am buying.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:37 PM, The Bard said:

I am stacking up on Evans, Godwin, Jones, and Winston. A rare year where you can have all of these guys in a redraft on what looks to be one of the higher scoring offenses. I am buying.

This is how I plan ahead also. Good value on Winston and Jones. Howard has great upside and there are not many good TE's.