Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Let's talk sunglasses

I've got a couple pairs of Oakley's I got from golf tourneys.  Great glasses, not because of the lenses, but because of the frames.  I've put both pairs through a lot of sh!t and have never had them break.

If I was going to spend my money on a pair, I wouldn't go with a big name brand.  I'd buy a pair of cheap polarized glasses and just expect to replace them every year.

I went ahead and ordered a pair of these:

https://shadyrays.com/collections/shade-shop/products/x-series-blackout-polarized-incognito

They arrived today.  Much lighter than I expected.  Fit feels good.  Just walking around a bit in my house like an idiot at this point. Will drive in sunshine tomorrow to see how well they work. 

Thanks for the heads up on this company 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

I went ahead and ordered a pair of these:

https://shadyrays.com/collections/shade-shop/products/x-series-blackout-polarized-incognito

They arrived today.  Much lighter than I expected.  Fit feels good.  Just walking around a bit in my house like an idiot at this point. Will drive in sunshine tomorrow to see how well they work. 

Thanks for the heads up on this company 

Oh boy. So you didn't use the buy one get one free code?

3 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Oh boy. So you didn't use the buy one get one free code?

I tried that code but it was buy one get one 50% off, not BOGO.  Didn't know if I'd like the sunglasses or not so I went with a 20% off offer instead. 

5 hours ago, DonS said:

I tried that code but it was buy one get one 50% off, not BOGO.  Didn't know if I'd like the sunglasses or not so I went with a 20% off offer instead. 

ohhh...okay..... good call then.  👍

5 hours ago, DonS said:

Amazon gets them here tomorrow for 45 bucks. They look good, just ordered a pair. Thanks 

On 8/16/2019 at 6:08 PM, DonS said:

I just ordered 2 pairs for my wife, listed at $45.  I used code SAVE50, and it marked BOTH pair down to $22.50....  so it was a true BOGO.

2 pairs for $45.  https://shadyrays.com/3505401/orders/3e92a0047972b0650c502ed702860cbb

They just got some new style in Sept 1. 

(shadyrays.com)

I've been wearing Shady Rays for a year now and I like them.  Pretty nice for the price and the warranty is great.  I had the coating coming off one of the pairs I bought and was able to get it replaced for $9, no questions asked.

Got some Under Armour Aviator style sunglasses from this year's tourney.  They seem sturdy so far and the lenses are as good as any of the standard UV lenses.