Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Best product made by Parker Brothers?

Best product made by Parker Brothers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best product made by Parker Brothers?

• Risk
    • Bop it!
    • Trivial Pursuit
    • Monopoly
    • Clue
    • the Nerf line of foam balls and products
    • Boggle
    • Sorry!
    • other

I voted Risk although I have some good memories playing Sorry with my daughter.  She was an especially sore loser as a kid and would almost cry if I landed on one of the slide spaces and knocked her piece back home.  

Big baby.  :cry:

29 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

For board games, risk. In general, nerf guns. 

You must pick ONE.  Whichever one you don't pick vanishes forever.

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

You must pick ONE.  Whichever one you don't pick vanishes forever.

Gonna be nerf guns since I’ll be playing with my kids with those. Risk no one ever plays anymore 

58 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Stratego was one of my faves

Not made by Parker Brothers.  It was actually created by a french woman in 1906, Mademoiselle Hermance Edan.  The style of game has its origins in an ancient chinese board game called Jungle, although the rules of Jungle are considerably different from Stratego.  Stratego was distributed by Milton-Bradley.

Years ago in college, we decided to play Risk. Some of the early turns were pretty exciting. I’ll have to tell you about it later. I have to go because it’s my turn. 

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 4:37 PM, frank said:

Years ago in college, we decided to play Risk. Some of the early turns were pretty exciting. I’ll have to tell you about it later. I have to go because it’s my turn. 

It was his/he turn.

Went with Nerf.  For board games it is between Clue and Trivial Pursuit.  Monopoly sounds good but I don't know that I ever finished a game.  Risk I barely played and never got close to finishing.

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Monopoly is the benchmark all others are judged on.

This, it's not close.

I used to love Risk but, there is no chance my wife will ever sit down and play a game of Risk.  I'm guessing that's the case for most.

Monopoly is the most overrated board game of all time. You land on it, you buy it. All random chance. Zero strategy.

Risk is the greatest game ever. Where to place soldiers, where to attack, when to pass, diplomacy... mixed with some dice roll chance. World Domination!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reality said:

This, it's not close.

I used to love Risk but, there is no chance my wife will ever sit down and play a game of Risk.  I'm guessing that's the case for most.

Yep. Maybe if they changed the countries to stores in the mall they would play. 

19 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Monopoly is the benchmark all others are judged on.

Ever played NFL Monopoly? It was released 20+ years ago and I got one as a gift.

18 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Ever played NFL Monopoly? It was released 20+ years ago and I got one as a gift.

Yep, my kids bought that for me for Xmas one year. 

3 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Nope. Ever since I've played Ghettopoly no other version can compete. 

Instead of houses and hotels, does it have meth labs and projects?

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Instead of houses and hotels, does it have meth labs and projects?

The four railroad properties are replaced by liquor stores. Other properties include a massage parlour, a peep show and a pawn shop. The Community Chest and Chance squares become Ghetto Stash and Hustle squares, while taxation squares are replaced by police shakedown and carjacking squares.[2]

Instead of building houses and hotels, property owners can build crack houses and projects. The seven game pieces include: a pimp, a ho, a 40 oz, a machine gun, a marijuana leaf, a crack rock, and a basketball.[2]

Official description[edit]

Buying stolen properties, pimpin’ ho’s, building crack houses and projects, paying protection fees, and getting car jacked are some of the elements of the game. Not dope enough?...If you don't have the money that you owe to the loan shark you might just land yourself in da Emergency Room.

Contents[edit]

Game Board, Loan Shark Tray, 40 Crack Houses, 17 Projects, Pink Slip Cards, Ghetto Stash and Hustle Cards, 7 Game pieces (Pimp, Hoe, 40 oz, Machine Gun, Marijuana Leaf, Basket Ball and Crack), Counterfeit Money, and 2 Dice.

• Haha 1

I've always considered myself a Milton Bradley man. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 10:12 AM, fandandy said:

I voted Risk although I have some good memories playing Sorry with my daughter.  She was an especially sore loser as a kid and would almost cry if I landed on one of the slide spaces and knocked her piece back home.  

Big baby.  :cry:

It is important for children to learn how to lose.

15 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

It is important for children to learn how to lose.

Agreed.  Something about her though, she hated it.  I used to have a video of her and my mom playing the game Perfection.  My mom plays and when the board pops up is startled and laughs.  Taylor plays and when the board pops up and she has pieces left she almost cries.  Funny.

29 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

The four railroad properties are replaced by liquor stores. Other properties include a massage parlour, a peep show and a pawn shop. The Community Chest and Chance squares become Ghetto Stash and Hustle squares, while taxation squares are replaced by police shakedown and carjacking squares.[2]

Instead of building houses and hotels, property owners can build crack houses and projects. The seven game pieces include: a pimp, a ho, a 40 oz, a machine gun, a marijuana leaf, a crack rock, and a basketball.[2]

Official description[edit]

Buying stolen properties, pimpin’ ho’s, building crack houses and projects, paying protection fees, and getting car jacked are some of the elements of the game. Not dope enough?...If you don't have the money that you owe to the loan shark you might just land yourself in da Emergency Room.

Contents[edit]

Game Board, Loan Shark Tray, 40 Crack Houses, 17 Projects, Pink Slip Cards, Ghetto Stash and Hustle Cards, 7 Game pieces (Pimp, Hoe, 40 oz, Machine Gun, Marijuana Leaf, Basket Ball and Crack), Counterfeit Money, and 2 Dice.

Dang, I was close.  :lol:  In fact I'd argue that meth is the new crack.  Hell if I know tho...  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Agreed.  Something about her though, she hated it.  I used to have a video of her and my mom playing the game Perfection.  My mom plays and when the board pops up is startled and laughs.  Taylor plays and when the board pops up and she has pieces left she almost cries.  Funny.

Have they released an updated version of Perfection called "Good Enough You Tried" to appeal to millenials and current kids? 

Just now, jerryskids said:

Dang, I was close.  :lol:  In fact I'd argue that meth is the new crack.  Hell if I know tho...  :dunno:

The game came out when crack was the thing. The cards are great too. Like "You got other players addicted to crack. Collect $25 from each player." 

3 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

The game came out when crack was the thing. The cards are great too. Like "You got other players addicted to crack. Collect $25 from each player." 

I didn't know this was a real thing until your post.  I was going to start adding on things myself, like a "go to jail free" card.  :cheers:

Did you guys know Monopoly was created to prove that capitalism was a broken system? It’s a commie game 

Who makes the game Trouble? Man I used to live that pop-o-matic dice roll bubble. 

This game brings back good memories of visiting my grandparents as they had an ancient copy of this game.  When we were cleaning out their house after they both had passed I ended up taking Trouble home with me. :(

56 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

When I was a kid I loved Mouse Trap. Not so much the game but the trap at the end of the game. 

After a mouse trap game was opened, it was missing parts and unplayable. 

"Hey they've got Mousetrap! Ahhh..."

• Haha 1