Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

2019 FF Draft Targets

What's up homies? Good to see the regulars still haunting around...and welcome to the newbies. As some of you know, I am a huge advocate of drafting best player available. It's all about value. However, I also believe in "reaching for the Championship", meaning that if there is a player that I STRONGLY believe in, I will reach way out and ensure that he is on my squad. Although this certainly isn't a refined Soilost prognostication, each year as draft time approaches, I like to throw out a few names of guys that, although certainly not sleepers, I believe represent good-great value at current ADP's. Obviously, some will be misses......but just a short list for your consideration. 

QB -

Mahomie - If you can get this guy on your squad, you are already a step ahead of the competition. Don't believe the poo-pooers....He is on another level.

Rodgers - Obvious name....but his value is off-the-charts right now. 5th round? Are you freakin' kidding me? Rookie WR's are more refined, Kumerow is back, and coaching will now lean on the strengths of one the greatest to play. He ain't washed up just yet.

Mayfield - 6th round is criminal. Talked him up last season, and he showed the skillz that I believed were there. With OBJ, Higgins, and Landry.....not to mention Chubb keeping D's honest, look out.

Murray - Rooks are always scary, but this kid can flat ball, throwing and running. Great cast around him, and Kliff's offense is designed to be extremely FF friendly, particularly to the QB.

-Like Watson, Jackson, and Goff too

RB

Chubb - Already talked a little about the Browns offense (sounds weird to say, I know), but Chubb is gonna be a workhorse on a good offense. D's can't stack the line against Mayfield, or he will shred them. Be sure and handcuff Hunt.....will be a playoff winner if Chubb goes down.

Damien Williams - Don't believe the naysayers...this kid thrives in this offense. If he truly healthy, Reid is gonna keep him busy...with TD's galore. A little harder to predict a true handcuff here, admittedly.

Henry - I'm in. I drafted him every year and have been disappointed every year by his usage. After I finally gave up on him, he goes off. I still believe in his talent, and believe that the Titans finally feed the man. He doesn't catch many balls, but will wear defenses down to the point they don't even want to hit him anymore.

Mack - A dynamic RB in a dynamic offense. Yes, he must stay healthy, but his upside is too much to ignore in the early 3rd.

Jacobs - Fresh as daisy and ready to carry a huge workload. Gruden is gonna grind him.....don't miss out.

Montgomery - Another rookie that I totally believe in. I personally believe that he has David Johnson talent. Get him.

Chris Carson - Has everyone forgotten what he did last year? An unstoppable force. Grab Penny as insurance, and pocket that Seahawk ground game all year. League winning pick in the 4th round.

-Like Ingram, Cook, and Fornette at their price too. The Kerryon/CJ pair is tempting, and I will try to get Lat Murray and Jaylen Samuels where I can.....injury away from RB1 status.

WR

Lockett - I believe this is the year that he becomes a true FF WR1.....in the late 4th-early 5th.

Ridley - Only a sophomore slump will prevent him from being a wise pick. 1000+ and 7-10 TD's well in reach.

Mike Williams - Tyrell gone, and the 6'4" monster is gonna eat. Rivers always gets his yards.

Kirk - Already talked about the Zona offense. I have been on his bandwagon since college, and I believe he provides a huge payoff for owners this season. 8th rounder!

Robinson - The old man is another year removed from injury, and began to ball late last year. 8 targets a game minimum...and he knows how to use them.

D. Jackson - The drumbeat has been steady throughout camp, DeSean has made a connection with Wentz. WR3 pricetag with weekly WR1 upside.

Anderson - Late last year he got it together. However, if his draft stock continues to rise, it might pull him out of the value category.

C. Samuel - I am predicting 100 touches for him this season. If this transpires, the sky is the limit.....he is electric.

Paris Cambell/Deon Cain - Watch the injury news (on Cambell and Luck), but they have developed a obvious chemistry in camp. Potentially great late-round gamble. ( EDIT: The hamstring strain seems to be lingering for Cambell. Cain is working his way back from an ACL and is way ahead of schedule. Running with the 1's in Cambell's absence, and turning heads).

Parker  -  I have to grit my teeth while typing this, but camp reports have been consistent. Fitzy could make a Goodwin outta him. (btw, I like Goodwin too, but his ADP continues to climb)

-Like Washington, Tyrell, and maybe Jakobi Myers as late fliers. Still like Westbrook also.

TE

Howard - Freak athlete.....nuff said.

Henry - Finally becomes a good weekly ff starter

Cook - Yes, Brees spreads the ball around....but after Kamara and Thomas, there isn't much. I believe Cook fills the void.

MacDonald - Dicey, but the price is right. Lotta targets left on the table and the outlaw Jesse James is gone too.

Andrews - He's coming of age, if Jackson can get him the ball. He is a one-man wrecking crew.

-Like Ebron and Walker to return good value also.

Best of luck in your drafts!

Almost forgot to mention my man Kumerow. Camp reports have been steady and positive all off-season, and he appears to be a lock to make the roster. Most importantly, Rogers really likes him. Geronimo and MVS are the popular picks right now, but don't forget about ole' Jake. He can be had for free (unless he blows up in a preseason game again this year).

Hey I’m just asking, but do you plan on giving updates about players that everyone already knows about the whole season? 

Whats your take on the Niners wr situation, now that’s news I would like to know  

Hey thanks  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Hey I’m just asking, but do you plan on giving updates about players that everyone already knows about the whole season? 

You forget Weeps, that not everyone is a fantasy genius like yourself, who knows every skill player in the NFL and hangs out all year posting in fantasy football forums. Some stay pretty darn busy with jobs and families, and come around in hopes of gleaning some information that might be helpful where value drafting is concerned. I know that the Lord loves a good old-fashioned passive-aggressive thread antagonist and all, but think you might could give it a break this year? Hey, I'm just asking.

Whats your take on the Niners wr situation, now that’s news I would like to know  

Good question. Talked about it yesterday in this thread:

Hey thanks  

Deo Vindice!

What Samuel are you referring to under WR above?

Also, what impact do you think Hyde will have on D. Williams?  I can certainly see him getting goal line work as the bigger back

What about the Rams rb situation, and I mean by this question is based on the injury issues of Gurley. 

Do you think Gurleys work load will be less and who do you think would be the next one up, Henderson or Brown. 

Thanks. 

And I apologize for my smart arse remarks. 

2 hours ago, Gipaldo said:

What Samuel are you referring to under WR above?

Sorry, should have been clearer. C. Samuel with the Panthers is the one I feel is going to be electric and still a terrific draft value.

2 hours ago, Gipaldo said:

Also, what impact do you think Hyde will have on D. Williams?  I can certainly see him getting goal line work as the bigger back

Based almost entirely on Reid's propensity over the years to use a "workhorse" RB, combined with his familiarity with and repeated votes of confidence for Williams as "The Man", I feel Hyde's impact will be minimal barring an injury to Williams. It is his job to lose (and that is always possible....but he showed last season that he can be quite productive in that offense). Furthermore, although possessing some talent, Hyde has never really shown that he can truly be "The Man"....particularly last season on two different teams. 

Personally, I would be more concerned about Darwin Thompson. In fact, he is the cuff I am drafting for Williams.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

What about the Rams rb situation, and I mean by this question is based on the injury issues of Gurley. 

Do you think Gurleys work load will be less and who do you think would be the next one up, Henderson or Brown. 

Thanks. 

And I apologize for my smart arse remarks. 

Thanks for saying that.....stand-up thing to do. Hats off to you, and all is well.

As far as Gurley-man is concerned, I am less concerned than most about his issue, and love his current draft value because of the paranoia. For those who seem drastically concerned about Gurley’s arthritis in his knee.....he's had arthritis in his knee for a long time. Once you’re opened up in surgery for a torn ACL, like he did in 2014, arthritis is likely gonna be present. Sure, they may dial back his workload a bit, but consider this: Even if you took away 25 percent of his fantasy points over the last two years, he’d still be the RB3 over that time behind only Kamara and McCaffery. 

As far as Gurley's cuff, I must be honest with you and say that I just don't know, which is frustrating . Frankly, I am surprised that they shipped CJ Anderson after he stepped in so nicely down the stretch.  Henderson? Brown? Maybe even Kelly....or does Kelly get cut? Just not sure. One thing I do know....Henderson was not impressive in his first showing this preseason with 6/13/0 and 1/-5/0

Thanks for the replay. 

And I agree with your assessment about my question. 

Let me ask you another rb question, what’s your feeling about the Eagles rb situation, now my questions our based on a 14 team non ppr league. 

You do you think might be the best target, Howard or Sanders?  

My take is probably Howard just simply based on goalline work.  

Thanks. 

48 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Thanks for the replay. 

And I agree with your assessment about my question. 

Let me ask you another rb question, what’s your feeling about the Eagles rb situation, now my questions our based on a 14 team non ppr league. 

You do you think might be the best target, Howard or Sanders?  

My take is probably Howard just simply based on goalline work.  

Thanks. 

Another tough one. Honestly, I think that it could take a bit to shake out....so I am staying clear unless Sanders falls on draft day. However, in a 14-teamer I can see where one would desire to find some value in that backfield, especially since that offense should be fairly prolific.. 

That being said, I believe that Sanders is the back to own for this season, although one may have to exhibit some patience. I just have never been overly impressed with Howard. I'm always looking for upside, and I just don't see it with Howard's resume. Sanders, on the other hand, is a more dynamic, talented, and fresh RB IMHO. Despite having the size (215) to carry the load (even at the goal line, if necessary), he has good hands and exceptional speed. His 4.5 flat 40 at the combine was among the best this year. Last year, Barkley ran a 4.40 flat, but interestingly, Sanders first 10 yards were faster than Barkley.....so he has a heck of a burst. Basically, I believe the cream will rise to the top sooner or later.

One caveat: If Sanders cannot protect Wentz, then my entire analysis is out the window......because Howard does excel at that, and they must keep Wentz upright. Here is a good article I read on that aspect.

https://insidetheiggles.com/2019/08/15/one-factor-will-prevent-miles-sanders-leading-eagles-backfield/

Thanks that was a good read and insite. 

Gotta throw Mecole Hardman in there as a late-round draft target at WR. Camp reports have been glowing and his preseason has been good, with 2 Td's. Probably the most prolific offense in the league again, and do you really think Watkins or Robinson are the answers behind The Freak on a Reid gadget offense?

Hardman ran a 4.31 40 (faster than The Freak), and KC burned a second round pick on him. Hard to imagine a better late-round dart throw. Check this out:

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1160354640862445569?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1160354640862445569&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fugawire.usatoday.com%2F2019%2F08%2F18%2Fformer-uga-football-wr-mecole-hardman-off-to-hot-start-for-kansas-city-chiefs%2F