Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Top 20 Keyboard Intros of All Time

25 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Good one.  Pieces of Eight and Grand Illusion were my two most-played cassettes growing up.  Speaking of which, Come Sail Away.  :cheers:

I was going to say CSA but the spaceship thing is kinda weird now. I loved it back then though. That song really is kinda like bohemian rhapsody though. It's like theee songs in one. I rally like the hard rock part. 

On 8/12/2019 at 9:15 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Funeral for a friend/ love lies bleeding could have been number one. Not even an honorable mention. 

Agreed and as far as Elton goes this one one could've been there too

4 minutes ago, nzoner said:

my first thought

13 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Wow. Forgot all about that. I guess they didn't want too much EJ, but they shouldn't have approached it like that. The best is the best. 

• Like 1

So he mentioned Strawberry Fields Forever was the only one played on a mellotron and when I thought of another song that could've made the list I looked up the instrument and found this interesting tidbit.....

Parsons used an instrument he invented called a Projectron on this track. Similar to a mellotron, it used tape loops to play back samples. A studio boffin with high technical acuity, Parsons cut his teeth doing engineer work at Abbey Road Studios, where he worked with The Beatles and Pink Floyd.

Perfect Strangers and as much as I hate the song, The Final Countdown should have be on there.  Whatever keyboard jam they used to play when the introduced the Bulls during the Jordan heyday was pretty bad ass too.

1 hour ago, patweisers44 said:

Whatever keyboard jam they used to play when the introduced the Bulls during the Jordan heyday was pretty bad ass too.

This one?

17 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Ok just listened to that no.1 on the list, Whiter than the shade of pale or whatever. Yea no im sorry, that is weakest of the weak sauce. Journey separate ways, Aha take on me and then King harvest Dancing in the moonlight. All three completely blow away that lame song and most other on that terrible list.

Take On Me is one of the worst songs ever.  It got a lot of hype because of it’s innovative music video, but the song on it’s own just focking blows.  

• Thanks 1

I've been going through the Billy Joel catalog,some great ones there that deserve honorable mention like

5 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

:thumbsup:

Parsons has some incredible intros(one of my favorite artists) although many of them would not be recognized by the masses. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, nzoner said:

This one?

Heck yeah, the Suns have used that forever as well.  :cheers:

I would run out of likes in this thread... a lot of great intros listed

27 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Heck yeah, the Suns have used that forever as well.  :cheers:

The KC Chiefs used to as well on kickoffs

22 hours ago, kutulu said:

But where did the lighter fluid come from? 

12 hours ago, nzoner said:

This one?

Nebraska Cornhuskers Football intro for many years including the championship years when I was in college there.