Sign in to follow this  
cavern

Who is the #1 rookie?

most sites seem to list Jacobs.  something about the Raiders gives me pause.

what say you?

Safest his Kyler. Jacobs is 2 because of his lack of competition and great hands. Monty is 3 if nothing else than to capitalize on his feverish rise in value. After that it's a real crap shoot. I would be tempted to put Devin Singletary next. He reminds me of a young mccoy

Montgomery.

He gives me the same vibe that David Johnson did coming out of college, without a stupid coach to keep him on the bench much of his rookie season.

Jacobs for me, I think he gets 300 touches, Not a lot of competition at RB. Like Monty, who doesn't, but Cohen isn't going anywhere, then Kyler Murray 3rd. Don't like any of the WR's although I'm sure some will emerge.

i

Murray.

We know he's going to have tons of rushing yards.    The kid got Darren Spools quickness. 

What surprised me was his ability to pass.  In game 1 of pre-season, he only threw 6 passes but boy did he looked poised.  The ball comes out quick with juice.

He also look very comfortable when the pocket collapsed....threw  a dart on the run with pressure. 

Sample size is very small but i'm looking forward to week 2 and seeing a larger body of work before moving him up in the top 10. 

Murray being a QB excludes him from the conversation as there will be multiple QB's in the league that will perform at least as well or better than him.  In leagues where you start only 1 QB, he'll really be no better than any other starting QB in terms of ppg.

When it comes to rookies this year, in a re-draft league, I'm making like Shane Lechler and punting.

Oakland is a train-wreck, how can you trust anything going on there.  1st they're rebuilding.... they trade away one of the best pass rushers in the league, a young WR.   Then they go out and sign a veteran WR with serious attitude issues.  Take that Montgomery kid over him.

buy yes, Murray is the offensive ROTY.  Thats a lock unless he gets injured 

4 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

Oakland is a train-wreck, how can you trust anything going on there.  1st they're rebuilding.... they trade away one of the best pass rushers in the league, a young WR.   Then they go out and sign a veteran WR with serious attitude issues.  Take that Montgomery kid over him.

buy yes, Murray is the offensive ROTY.  Thats a lock unless he gets injured 

I bought at 1.5 to 1 at bovada on Murray for roy

I think it really depends on the rules of your league and what position you need for your team.

Murray is a good bet if you need a QB.

Jacobs is likely the clear cut starter in Oakland.  If he cant beat out the Muscle Hamster, he likely does not deserve the starting job.

those are your best bets.

other things worth noting:

in general......RB's (if they get the chance to start)  are most likely to make an immediate impact as rookies than any other position.

its mostly a follow the play... make a read.... look for the hole.... and make your cut.

its one of those positions where either you have 'it' or you dont.

while I agree certain RB's have skillsets that work better with certain schemes, they are the most likely to make an imact as a rookie.

TE, WR and QB involve learning your reads, learning to work with others so the relevant players on the offense are making the same read (Ie. you want QB and WR to be on the same page).   That's not as easy.    You also have a lot of QB's and WR's that are not pro ready on draft day.

I'm not saying it doesnt happen to RB's too.  Just less likely.