Sign in to follow this  
FantasyRetard

Dak rejects 30 million, expects Cowboys to pay 40 million

He's not holding out, right? So what does it matter at this point.

At no point will he ever be worthy of being the highest paid qb. Ever.  Jones should trade him now to the phins for rosen.  

Go for it Dak. 

Football life is short, go get it all while you can stand and deliver. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

At no point will he ever be worthy of being the highest paid qb. Ever.  Jones should trade him now to the phins for rosen.  

This. He's not even that good.  No way he commands Brees, Brady and Rodgers money.  They are in a tier of their own.  Dak isn't even close to that.

Why are teams even CONSIDERING paying marginal players this kind of money in the first place?  Jesus. 

Wow. 40 mil per year. Qbs are that important though so they deserve the money. Without a good qb a tram basically has zero shot of winning. Plus it's the most difficult position in all professional sports to excel at. 

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This. He's not even that good.  No way he commands Brees, Brady and Rodgers money.  They are in a tier of their own.  Dak isn't even close to that.

Why are teams even CONSIDERING paying marginal players this kind of money in the first place?  Jesus. 

The Redskins didn't pay Kirk Cousins.

Dak is stupid.

I think the Cowboys were dumb to offer the amount they did.

He's a solid starter, but certainly not an elite player worthy of one of the top 5 salaries in the QB world.

If the Cowboys offered 30 mil and Dak Said 'no' thats a sure sign he will likely be out of Dallas sooner rather than later.  No sane GM from any other team will offer him anywhere close to that kind of money.

19 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Wow. 40 mil per year. Qbs are that important though so they deserve the money. Without a good qb a tram basically has zero shot of winning. Plus it's the most difficult position in all professional sports to excel at. 

He has a bit of leverage because he’s had a winning record every year as the QB. For Dallas that’s pretty big since they are an annual 8-8 team even with the superior Romo for years. He still should have jumped for joy at what they offered him and is a bonehead if he doesn’t crawl back begging for that.

21 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The problem is that Dak isn't good enough to make them a better team.  Look at their record with and without him.  I am, and have been a Cowboys fan since I was a little kid.  I would seriously dump my loyalty to them if they signed him as a top QB.  A $30 million QB should be capable of leading you to the SuperBowl.  Can Dak do that?  Not a chance.  He isn't making anyone around him any better.  He certainly hasn't been a leader.  

I see Dak as a QB who will be seriously overpaid by his team.  He isn't a top 12 QB, but is about to get paid like a top 3 guy.  I guarantee if the Cowboys refuse to pay him, he does no better on the open market than Andy Dalton's paltry deal.  With 4 projected first round QB's already for the next draft, and only a few teams really needing a new QB, Dak doesn't have the leverage he believes.  I would let him play this season for a new deal and not be afraid to let him walk if we go 8-8 or 9-7 again.  I am a HUGE fan of Jacoby Brisset in Indy.  He will be a free agent.  He's a great kid during interviews and there is no doubt he will not be asking for $30 million.  Probably a very low prove-it deal for a couple years, then a mega deal.  I would give him a shot or consider someone else.  There are options, in the draft and in free agency.  Dak isn't good enough to be considered irreplaceable.  Not even close.  If/when we sign this idiot, we're stuck with him for several years.  The entire team is going to be stuck in neutral because of this stupid decision.  

What a joke!

As a longtime die hard Cowboy fan, I say start walking Dak, and take Zeke the Freak with you!!!

That goes for any other Prima Drama Cowboy!

56 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The problem is that Dak isn't good enough to make them a better team.  Look at their record with and without him.  I am, and have been a Cowboys fan since I was a little kid.  I would seriously dump my loyalty to them if they signed him as a top QB.  A $30 million QB should be capable of leading you to the SuperBowl.  Can Dak do that?  Not a chance.  He isn't making anyone around him any better.  He certainly hasn't been a leader.  

I see Dak as a QB who will be seriously overpaid by his team.  He isn't a top 12 QB, but is about to get paid like a top 3 guy.  I guarantee if the Cowboys refuse to pay him, he does no better on the open market than Andy Dalton's paltry deal.  With 4 projected first round QB's already for the next draft, and only a few teams really needing a new QB, Dak doesn't have the leverage he believes.  I would let him play this season for a new deal and not be afraid to let him walk if we go 8-8 or 9-7 again.  I am a HUGE fan of Jacoby Brisset in Indy.  He will be a free agent.  He's a great kid during interviews and there is no doubt he will not be asking for $30 million.  Probably a very low prove-it deal for a couple years, then a mega deal.  I would give him a shot or consider someone else.  There are options, in the draft and in free agency.  Dak isn't good enough to be considered irreplaceable.  Not even close.  If/when we sign this idiot, we're stuck with him for several years.  The entire team is going to be stuck in neutral because of this stupid decision.  

Dak isn't a top 5 qb, but he is pretty good. I think Garret is the major issue. Put Dak with Mcvay and you have a contender. Head coaches are so so so bad at their jobs on average. Theres like 5 guys who are good at it, 27 that are either OK or suck at it. 

Even a good one like Reid, who is a good regular season coach, hasn't learned not to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over

19 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Honestly, hes more of a game manager than a QB.

He works within the system designed to get yards on the ground (hello zeke)

one of the very best O lines in the NFL.    when they had a few injuries and dak had to face a bit more pressure, he wasnt that great.

Thats not a sign of a 30 million dollar QB.

honestly, they'd be just as well off getting a joe flacco on the cheap and letting this kid go.   I'd argue Flacco (limited as his skillset is) is a better game manager than  Dak is.

and cheaper too.

Then they can sign Zeke and move on.