Sign in to follow this  
the spanker

YouTube Video Question

Does anyone out there know how to stop YouTube recommended videos from showing up after you watch a video? 

I'm a Commish and I like putting all types of video content in our league to keep things interesting and keep everyone engaged during the season.  But sometimes I watch player draft and season content I don't want anyone else to find out about.    

There use to be a box you could select within the share video feature that gave you the option to stop recommended videos from showing up after you watch a video.

Can anyone out there help? 

15 hours ago, the spanker said:

Does anyone out there know how to stop YouTube recommended videos from showing up after you watch a video? 

I'm a Commish and I like putting all types of video content in our league to keep things interesting and keep everyone engaged during the season.  But sometimes I watch player draft and season content I don't want anyone else to find out about.    

There use to be a box you could select within the share video feature that gave you the option to stop recommended videos from showing up after you watch a video.

Can anyone out there help? 

Ive been in fantasy for 25 years and I'll tell you one thing,  there's no secrets anymore.  Every serious fantasy football player knows everything the other guy knows. The next three weeks are all going to be about sleepers, sleepers and more sleepers.  every player down to the 4th Rb on teams will be discussed.  don't even worry about them seeing that, they already know. 

The only thing which comes to mind is to completely block the channel from recommendations. As the keywords algorithm will push the exact video after some time anyway. As it probably has the same tags and keywords as other videos you watch. Here's an elaborate explanation https://backlinkvalidator.com/tools/youtube_tags_tools.php. Won't copy the whole article here as it's probably illegal.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:40 AM, Canadianfan said:

Ive been in fantasy for 25 years and I'll tell you one thing,  there's no secrets anymore.  Every serious fantasy football player knows everything the other guy knows. The next three weeks are all going to be about sleepers, sleepers and more sleepers.  every player down to the 4th Rb on teams will be discussed.  don't even worry about them seeing that, they already know. 

This is especially true in dynasty. I have looked at a lot if startups, and the same players go in the same rounds. Even the end of bench flyers go in the same order typically. 

On 8/13/2019 at 8:40 AM, Canadianfan said:

been playing for about the same length of time and im technically a millennial :lol:

I absolutely miss the days when my own football knowledge gave me an advantage over most of my competitors. I would say even 10 years ago, there wasn't quite the dearth of information readily available as there is now, OR the casual to semi serious players were not utilizing it as much. 

I think a lot of it has been the youtube/podcast craze. Lets not even go back 25 years, just go back even when guys like Russell Wilson and Alfred Morris were rookies, I knew to draft them late on my gut feelings and 'reading the tea leaves' so to speak of their NFL teams and I got away with it.... there was plenty of info on the internet..... but today, players like that get snapped up earlier and earlier.