Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Olive Garden lifetime pasta

"that sure is one long noodle"

Food Channel had a stat -

Average American eats 15 lbs. of pasta a year.................... Italians eat 51 lbs. a year.

Ever since they stopped serving the steak Gorgonzola Alfredo there’s nothing there I want to eat. Don’t give two sh1ts about that never ending pasta or Olive Garden anymore 

Olive Garden says they offer “bottomless” pasta bowls and “unlimited” breadsticks but if you stay more than 3 hours they send the manager to rudely tell you its time to leave. 🙄

Total scam - DONT DO IT!  :cry:

• Like 1

Does it have to be Olive Garden pasta?  It's a great deal if you don't have to eat their food.

• Like 1

Pasta is flour, oil and eggs - not rocket science. OG's spaghetti is good, I don't mind it at all.

But I don't eat enuff of it to justify a $400 pass.

• Like 1

:nono:

Once in a while I will hit there for lunch.   They have a 6.99 small lasagna, with the salad and breadsticks.   Pretty good.  

You could buy some homeless people or unemployed families $400 passes.  Seems like a nice way to help out.

• Like 1

Actually I read up on it and you can't really plan on true lifetime passes.  They go to the first 50 people or something.

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/dining/2019/08/12/olive-garden-pasta-pass/1987397001/

Olive Garden is back with its annual “Never Ending Pasta Pass,” only this year with a special bonus for 50 lucky customers (we'll explain in a minute).

It’s the sixth year for the pass that gives you unlimited access to pastas, sauces and toppings, along with unlimited salad or soup and breadsticks, for two months. 

This year, 24,000 pasta passes will be available at $100 each plus tax. That’s up by 1,000 passes from last year. Olive Garden also tacked on another week for the promotion. This year its running nine weeks, from Sept. 23-Nov. 24.

But you need to act fast. Once the passes go on sale 2 p.m. Thursday, they generally sell out in no time.

New this year, a small number of pasta lovers will have a chance to opt-in for a lifetime of Olive Garden’s pastas along with unlimited salad or soup and breadsticks. 

It’s super good deal — if you can get one — and if you’re an Olive Garden fan.

Here’s how it works. The first 50 people to purchase the $100 Never Ending Pasta Pass and opt-in for a Lifetime Pasta Pass can pay an additional $400 ($500 total) for a lifetime of unlimited access to pastas, unlimited soup or salad and breadsticks.

If you’re one of the lucky 50, you will have 48 hours to complete your upgrade to the lifetime pass. The lifetime pass begins on Sept. 23. 

First, keep in mind that tax and gratuity is not included. And it's valid only for Olive Garden's Never Ending Pasta Bowl's — which start at $10.99 — and for dine-in only. The pasta pass promotion runs Sept. 23-Nov. 24. The pass can be used once per visit, but you can visit as many times as you want.

To break even you'd need to use it at least nine times — or once a week..

Olive Garden’s Pasta Passes go on sale at 2 p.m. eastern time on Thursday at www.PastaPass.com. They will be sold for 30 minutes or until they are sold out. You can join an online waiting room five minutes before the sale. 

1 hour ago, riversco said:

You could buy some homeless people or unemployed families $400 passes.  Seems like a nice way to help out.

Homeless man arrested after trading lifetime pasta pass for 1/4 gram of crystal meth with an undercover police officer.  Defense attorney claims his client was trying to cut carbs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Food Channel had a stat -

Average American eats 15 lbs. of pasta a year.................... Italians eat 51 lbs. a year.

I can believe that.  I eat pasta a lot.

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Great idea.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Great idea.  :thumbsup:

...Until your family is sitting next to Bummy Mc ShiittyPants who hasn't showered since the 80's. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

...Until your family is sitting next to Bummy Mc ShiittyPants who hasn't showered since the 80's. 

I don't care.  Haven't eaten at one in years. 

4 hours ago, kutulu said:

That's a lot of Fredo food

"you want me to throw you down the fockin' stairs?" 🤣

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

I don't care.  Haven't eaten at one in years. 

I go there only because my parents love it there.

4 hours ago, Kanil said:

Does it have to be Olive Garden pasta?  It's a great deal if you don't have to eat their food.

I'd rather eat at fizolis than olive garden. 

Do they have and Fredo pasta though?

3 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Yes. And it's so bland that you will throw yourself down the stairs. 

It'll wreck your .

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Olive Garden isn’t terrible. However that’d be a fock ton of carbs so no thanks 

Agreed, but over a Lifetime?  Even if you only went there once a week.

Once a week @ lets say even 5 bucks a meal (very conservative).   5 x 52 = $260.  

You'd break even after a year and a half.   After that it'd be a free lunch for the rest of your life. 

Excellent salad and breadsticks, mediocre pasta, decent soup. They have some nice ravioli and stuffed shells and such. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'd rather eat at fizolis than olive garden. 

probably half the price nowadays.......Olive Garden is the Italian Red Lobster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

That’s like every other OG customer anyway.

29 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Excellent salad and breadsticks, mediocre pasta, decent soup. They have some nice ravioli and stuffed shells and such. 

I agree with this post, I like it the once a year I eat there.

My wife's hospital was right beside an olive garden, so when my kids were born I ate a few meals there. It is pretty decent for a chain.

19 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

probably half the price nowadays.......Olive Garden is the Italian Red Lobster.

worse.

If you like olive garden, it is a good deal.  We have way too many other Italian options to even think about this offer.  I cannot recall the last time we have been to one.

13 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

worse.

If you like olive garden, it is a good deal.  We have way too many other Italian options to even think about this offer.  I cannot recall the last time we have been to one.

My uncle works there, come on that is pretty harsh.

I meant, I believe red lobster is closer to "decent" seafood than I think OG is to "decent" Italian. It is not meant to offend you or your family, but every meal I have had in the past have been pretty meh.... not bad or inedible, but meh.